FIFA 23 is just released and has gained a lot of attention from users from all around the world due to the fact that it is going to be EA’s last FIFA series. However, that’s the reason why millions of users pre-register for the game.
But unfortunately, after the new patch update, users are getting some annoying errors due to which they are not able to play their favorite game. Yes, users are reporting that they are getting the FIFA secure boot is not enabled error message.
So, considering this, when we investigate, we found some fixes that have the potential to resolve this kind of error. Therefore, if you are getting the FIFA 23 secure boot is not enabled error message, be with us until the end. So, let’s check out the fixes.
How to Fix FIFA 23 Secure Boot is Not Enabled
Fixing the FIFA 23 secure boot is not enabled error isn’t a big deal; you can do this easily by just performing the fixes mentioned below. So, now without any further ado, let’s check out the needy fixes that you need to perform:
Restart Your Device
Initially, to solve any technical issue rebooting the device will be the right option for you because there are chances that issue like FIFA 23 secure boot not enabled problems to occur due to some random bug files. So, you must reboot your device, as this has the potential to remove these bug files.
Run as Administrator
The FIFA 23 secure boot feature may not work if you’re not running your video game with administrator privileges. Hence, it’s best simply to run the game exe file as an administrator on your Windows computer to find out if it solves the problem. Here’s how:
- On your PC, right-click the FIFA 23 exe shortcut file.
- Thereafter, select Properties and then click the Compatibility tab.
- You will need to mark the Run this program as an administrator checkbox when you click on it.
- Finally, to save your changes, click OK and then apply.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
Verifying and repairing your game files using the game launcher can be a big help in the case of corrupted or missing game files. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Select Library.
- From the installed games list, right-click FIFA 23.
- Click on Properties > Local Files.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- On your PC, launch the Origin client.
- Select FIFA 23 from My Game Library.
- Click on Settings (Gear icon) and choose Repair.
Epic Games Launcher:
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher and click on Library.
- Next to FIFA 23, click the three-dot icon.
- Once done, click Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
- As a result, the issue that the FIFA 23 secure boot is not enabled should be resolved.
Update FIFA 23
You should also manually check the game update at your end via the respective game client to ensure there are no outdated game versions that might interfere with the game’s launch. It is possible to trigger several potential issues with an outdated patch version of a game that may trigger crashes. Here’s how:
- Go to Steam’s Library.
- From the left pane, click on FIFA 23.
- Steam will automatically check for available updates.
- To install an update, click Update if one is available.
Epic Games Launcher:
- Open Epic Games Launcher > Library.
- Next, click FIFA 23’s three-dot icon.
- Enable Auto Update if it is not already enabled.
- You should automatically be notified when an update for the game is available.
- On your computer, launch the Origin client.
- To access FIFA 23, go to Library and right-click it.
- Click on Check for Updates > If available, proceed.
It has been reported that the next step worked for a lot of players experiencing this security violation error. It is crucial to uninstall and reinstall the anti-cheat program. Here are the steps you are required to take:
- Navigate to Steamlibrary>steamapps>common>FIFA 23>_Installer>EAAntiCheat.
- Find the EA Anti-Cheat Installer application file in that folder and click on it.
- It will open in a new window. Select the (Installed) FIFA 23 option from the drop-down menu.
- Then click Uninstall to complete the process.
- Once you see the message ‘Uninstall success,’ click install to begin reinstalling.
- Once it is successfully installed, close the window.
- Finally, to see if this method fixed the problem, try relaunching FIFA 23.
Update GPU Drivers
There have been multiple reports of outdated graphics drivers from affected players who get this error. You can also check for updates if you are still using an outdated graphics driver by following these steps:
- You can access the Quick Link Menu by pressing Win+X.
- Click on Device Manager > Double-click Display adapters.
- Right-click the dedicated graphics card.
- To find drivers automatically, select Update driver > Search drivers automatically.
- The system will automatically download and install updates if there are any available.
- You need to restart your computer once you have completed this step.
Install Pending Windows Updates
There is a possibility that a Windows bug or system file may conflict with the game to prevent it from running correctly. There could also be an issue with incompatibility when your software has not been updated for some time. So, keep your Windows operating system up-to-date by installing all pending updates one by one. To do that:
- To access Windows Settings, press the Win+I keys.
- Next, click on Windows Update > Select Check for updates.
- Select Download and install if a feature update is available.
- Then, allow some time for the Update to complete.
- As a final step, reboot your computer to ensure the changes are applied immediately.
Enable Secure Boot
EA has stated explicitly that secure boot must be enabled if you’re running Windows 11. Here are the steps you need to take in order to enable secure boot on your system:
- Using your keyboard, press the Windows logo and type System Information.
- In the System Summary section, you can view the status of the secure boot. In case the secure boot is off, continue with the next steps to enable it.
- Start your system and enter the BIOS. Depending on the brand, users use different methods to access the BIOS settings. Most of the time, you can solve the problem by pressing F2 or Del. If you see the name of your motherboard’s brand, simply press these keys to open the BIOS.
- Find Secure Boot on the Boot tab.
- Turn it on to enable secure boot.
- Make sure you select the Save changes and exit option under the Exit tab.
- Test whether this helped by launching the game.
Reinstall The Game
For those who have not been able to resolve the problem using any of the methods above, reinstall the FIFA 23 game to see if it helps fix the problem. To do so:
- Search for Control Panel in the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
- Afterward, right-click on FIFA 23 > Uninstall.
- You may need to click on Uninstall again if prompted.
- After the uninstallation has been completed, wait a few seconds.
- To apply changes, reboot your PC after you have completed the steps.
- Last but not least, you must reinstall FIFA 23 through the game launcher you use (Steam, Origin, or Epic Games Launcher).
So, that’s how to fix FIFA 23 secure boot not enabled error. We hope that this guide has helped you. We would like to hear from you in case of any doubts or queries, so please comment below.
I’ve got a better idea… not get this game. It’s an unacceptable error.
My PC is says unspotted secure boot I was using windows 11 but now I have boot windows 10 can I play without that error
Enable Secure Boot are zou serious? Change my BIOS settings to run a Game? unbelievable ! No i will refund the money,
Thank you, just tell Epic to refund. Don’t because ONLY game and change your system, your PC is stable and no need to change anything. Only EA can mank end user disappoint in every single game