By calling this game FIFA for the last time, the argument for a live-service game with seasonal updates is strengthened. FIFA is unquestionably one of the most popular football simulation games. Electronic Arts have released a new release of the FIFA franchise.
With FIFA 23, you can experience the most realistic virtual football experience yet with multiple additions and tweaks. On PC, it seems that the game isn’t working properly. Yes, recently, many users started reporting that the FIFA 23 is not launching on their Windows 10/11 PC.
However, although the reason behind this kind of issue is still unknown, but we have gathered some information regarding this problem. So, if FIFA 23 is not launching on your PC, check out these fixes once.
- 1 Why Won’t FIFA 23 PC Launch?
- 2 Fix FIFA 23 PC Not Launching Issue
- 2.1 Check System Requirements
- 2.2 Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 2.3 Update GPU Drivers
- 2.4 Run The Game as An Administrator
- 2.5 Reboot Your Device
- 2.6 Disable The Game Mode
- 2.7 Adjust the Power Option
- 2.8 Close Background Processes
- 2.9 Set High Priority
- 2.10 Reinstall The FIFA 23
- 2.11 From Author’s Desk
Why Won’t FIFA 23 PC Launch?
You may encounter problems launching FIFA 23 due to outdated game patches, graphics driver versions, and Windows builds, corrupt or missing game files, issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, or unnecessary background services.
On the other hand, some players experience problems launching the game due to incompatible hardware, unnecessary background tasks, overlay apps, etc.
Fix FIFA 23 PC Not Launching Issue
There are different fixes available that you can try to resolve this annoying error. Still, the fixes that we have mentioned further in this guide have the potential to resolve if the FIFA 23 PC not launching error occurs, as we have also tried these fixes. So, let’s check them out:
Check System Requirements
Firstly, you should examine your PC configuration to see if it meets the game’s requirements. A PC’s incompatible hardware can sometimes cause a series of problems starting the game.
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k or similar
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or similar
- RAM: 8 GB
- DISK SPACE: 100 GB
- VRAM: 4096 MB
- P-SHADER: 5.1
- V-SHADER: 5.1
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 or similar
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 or similar
- RAM: 12 GB
- P-SHADER: 5.1
- V-SHADER: 5.1
- DISK SPACE: 100 GB
- VRAM: 6144 MB
Verify Integrity of Game Files
In situations where your game files are corrupted or missing for unexpected reasons, using the game launcher can be very helpful if your game files are corrupted or missing for unexpected reasons. In the meantime, we have seen in many cases that the FIFA 23 not launching error occurs due to corrupted game files. So, you must verify the game files and do this:
For Steam Client:
- Launch Steam and click on Library.
- Select FIFA 23 from the list of installed games.
- Click on Properties > Local Files.
- To verify game file integrity, click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- Then, it will take some time for the process to complete.
- After you have done this, restart your computer.
For Origin Client:
- On your PC, launch the Origin client.
- Go to My Game Library and locate FIFA 23.
- On the left of the screen, click on Settings (Gear icon) and then on Repair.
- Thereafter, the process will take some time to complete.
- Lastly, reboot the PC to make the changes effective.
Update GPU Drivers
There seem to be a number of affected players who have reported the outdated graphics driver. Here is how to check for updates if you are also using an outdated graphics driver
- Open the Quick Link Menu by pressing Windows + X.
- From the list, select Device Manager > Double-click Display adapters.
- Simply right-click the dedicated graphics card you want to use.
- Next, click Update driver > Search for the driver automatically.
- Whenever an update is available, the system will download and install it automatically.
- To apply the changes, restart the computer.
The FIFA 23 PC not launching issue should be resolved by following this method.
Run The Game as An Administrator
You might have trouble launching a video game or even crashing the startup of the game if you’re not running it using administrator privileges. In order to verify that the error has been fixed, run the executable game file on your Windows computer as an administrator. To do so:
- On your PC, right-click on the FIFA 23 exe shortcut file.
- Go to the Properties tab and select the Compatibility tab.
- You need to checkmark the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- To save the changes, click Apply and select OK.
Reboot Your Device
Since many users have reported that it has helped them resolve this issue in the past, it is a valuable fix. Therefore, you should also try this and check if FIFA 23 not launching issue get disappears.
Disable The Game Mode
You should disable Windows’ inbuilt game mode whenever the above solution fails. Possibly, you can fix the problem by disabling the game mode. Whenever you encounter such issues, it’s best to disable the game mode for a short period of time since the game mode may disable many crucial processes that could adversely affect your gaming. Following are the steps you need to follow in order to disable your game mode:
- Using your keyboard, press Windows+I to open the Windows settings window.
- On the Gaming tab, click Game Mode. Switch it off by toggling it.
- It is necessary to reboot your PC in order for the new settings to take effect immediately. See if the FIFA 23 PC not launching issue gets resolved.
Adjust the Power Option
When you change your computer’s power plan, you can sometimes get the best performance. However, the performance option in power mode has also been reported to resolve the FIFA 23 PC not launching issue. So, in case you don’t know how to do it, here are the steps:
- Initially, open the Windows Settings.
- Navigate to Power & Battery.
- Tap on Power Mode.
- Select Performance.
Close Background Processes
For those who are not able to solve the FIFA 23 PC not launching issue, it is recommended that you close the background processes of the game. You need to perform the following steps on your PC in order to fix this issue:
- Start by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Locate the FIFA 23-related processes in the Processes tab.
- After that, hit the End Task button.
Set High Priority
Users of Windows PCs may also be able to resolve the FIFA 23 PC does not launch issue by setting the application to high priority. The following steps will guide you through setting high priority:
- Right-click on Start menu.
- Then, select Task Manager.
- Right-click on your game and click Details.
- Select Set Priority, then high.
Reinstall The FIFA 23
Did you try all the fixes, only to find that the FIFA 23 PC not launching? No worries! It is the last option you can apply, so you should try reinstalling the game. Hence, you should reinstall FIFA 23 on your PC to see if that helps.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how to fix if the FIFA 23 PC is not launching. We hope that the fixes mentioned earlier in this article have helped you. But still, feel free to comment below if you have any doubts or questions.
- How to Fix FIFA 23 FPS Drop Stuttering Issue and How to Increase it
- How to Fix iPhone 14 Flashlight Not Working on iOS 16
- Windows 11 Won’t Boot? Ways To to Get PC Boot Again
- Fix Blizzard Battle.net Not Working/Launching On Windows 11
- How to Elden Ring Won’t Launch or Not Loading
- How To Fix MLB The Show 21 Server Down Issue 2023