Apple recently released the most anticipated iOS 17 and from then on new problems have been surfacing on iPhones. While iOS 17 certainly introduced tons of new features, plenty of those features are bugged or have issues. One such new feature introduced in iOS 17 is Contact Poster. While this feature was supposed to help users, it started showing trouble. As a result, iOS 17, for a lot of people, Contact Poster is not working.
If you are also seeing that the iOS 17 contact poster not working, look no further. In this guide, we will go through the reasons why contact poster is not working in iOS 17 and also try fixing it.
What is a Contact Poster?
A Contact Poster is an image of the caller or receiver, which you can see in bigger size on the screen then you earlier would. If you have ever used a Samsung Phone, you would know that this is not a unique feature and has been with Samsung since 2017 when the OneUI came. However, because this is iPhone, people are interested but for Samsung they were not. Interestingly, we didn’t see the same thing happening to Samsung for all these years. In two weeks, Apple started showing problems.
Why Contact Poster Is Not Working on iOS 17?
iOS 17 is absolutely new in the market, and some problems are bound to happen. Usually, we have also seen that whenever Apple pushes an update, that update can either make or break a device. However, later, if Apple pushes another update and fixes most of these problems. For instance, if Apple decides to fix this problem, it will release iOS 17.1, and the update will be available to all. Now, moving to the problem, here are some of the potential reasons for Contact Poster not working:
- Glitches in the Contacts App: As already said, the update is completely new and so glitches are bound to happen. However, there are certain ways to get around fixing these glitches. You will learn about this in the next section.
- Poster Sharing Disabled: If you or the other person has disabled contact or poster sharing, you won’t be able to view any contact poster and neither that person will. Enabling it is the best option here.
- Caller ID Disabled: If the Caller ID is disabled, a lot of features may stop working, and the same goes with the Contact Poster. Turning off caller ID is basically hiding every detail. If you can enable this, contact posters will start working.
These are some of the most common issues that cause contact poster not working problem in iOS. In the next section, you will learn about fixing it, whatever the reason might be.
How to Fix iOS 17 Contact Poster Not Working
If Contact Poster is not working on iOS 17, this section will help you fix it once and for all. Make sure that you go through this guide serially and don’t skip any fix.
1. Try Sending an iMessage
Because the Contact Poster is only available for your friends on iPhone, using another feature exclusive iOS feature is a good way to fix Contact Poster not working. Sending an iMessage will make sure that the data refreshes, and you will be able to see the contact poster again. Here are the steps to send an iMessage and fix contact poster not working:
- Open Messages app.
- Now, search for the person for whom the Contact Poster is not showing. Make sure that person is also using an iPhone.
- Type any message like Hi or Test and send it.
- Wait for some time for the message to go and update.
That’s it. Now, you will be able to see the contact poster. In case you are unable to see, tap on Update. Now, you will definitely be able to see the Contact Poster. If this didn’t help you, follow up with the next fix.
2. Edit and Check Contact Poster
If the above method did help somehow to retrieve the contact poster, but it is still not showing on the big screen, it might be a glitch. However, there’s an easy walkaround to this. Here are the steps to do it:
- Open the Contacts app.
- Now, find your friend whose Contact Poster is having issues.
- From the top right corner of that contact, click on Edit.
- Under the name where you want the picture to appear, click on Edit.
- Now, when the big screen showing the contact poster opens, click on Done.
That’s it. Yes, we didn’t do anything or edit the photo at all. However, this simple trick is usually a 100% working method to fix the contact poster not working. Look, contact poster not working is merely a glitch and nothing serious. So, doing simple tricks and hacks is enough to get it going again. However, if this didn’t help, follow up with the next fix.
3. Check Whether Name and Photo Sharing is Enabled
iOS has always been the preferred operating system for safety and privacy enthusiasts. And it is true. If any security feature is disabled, you might notice that a lot of things might not working. Similarly, in this case, if photo or name sharing is disabled, Contact Posters won’t work in iOS 17. If you are not aware, follow these steps to enable photo and photo sharing:
- Open the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Now, look for the person for whom you are unable to see the Contact Poster.
- Now, under the contact where the image is supposed to appear, click on Contact Photo and Poster.
- In the next page that opens, click toggle Name and Photo Sharing.
- Send an iMessage using the above method.
- Restart your iPhone.
Now, you should be able to see the contact poster of the desired person. Until this point, if the contact poster is still not working on iOS 17, it is possible that the Caller ID is disabled or your phone isn’t supported at the moment.
4. Check Whether Caller ID is Enabled or Not
Caller ID is an essential component when it comes to contacts or calling or anything closely related to that. Traditionally, Caller ID is known as the Phone Number or the name you see when the person is calling or you are calling them.
Recently, we also saw that a few network providers also allow you to hide the caller ID in case you need it. Now, in case you have turned off the Caller ID for security of privacy reasons, contact posters may not work in iOS 17. If that’s the case, here are the steps to re-enable it:
- On your iPhone, open Settings.
- In the settings window, scroll down and tap on Phone.
- On the next page, tap on Show My Caller ID.
- Now, toggle the key near Show My Caller ID.
Now, you should be able to see the Contact Poster. In case you are unable to see, follow the first fix and send the iMessage to refresh.
5. Create a New Contact Poster
If none of the above fixes have helped till now, it is probably time to create a contact poster yourself without depending on iOS to show you. However, you should keep in mind that if creating a contact poster also does not help solve the contact poster not showing on iOS, then you will have to factory reset your iPhone. With that being said, here are the steps to create a new contact poster:
- Open the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the Contact Card at the top of the Contacts app.
- Now, tap on the Contact Photo and Poster button.
- Click on Edit.
- Finally, tap on the Delete icon.
- Now go back and tap on your Contact card.
- Tap on the Contact Photo and Poster.
- Under the picture, click on Edit.
- Now, you will be shown a lot of options ranging from Avatars to Memoji and Monogram. Choose anything you desire and click on Next at the top right corner.
- When you see a Preview Poster, click on Update.
That’s it. Now, your Contact Poster is set and ready to be used from the next time someone calls you, or you call someone. No matter what, you should be able to see the contact poster. However, if this fails, you need to factory reset your iPhone. Here’s our guide to factory reset iPhones.
The Bottom Line
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix the contact poster not working on iOS 17. We hope this guide has helped you. Nevertheless, if you still have any issues or queries, make sure to comment below so that we can help you.
- Fix Streaming Services Netflix/Prime/Spotify Not Working on iOS 17
- Fix This Message Has Not Been Downloaded from Server Error iOS 17
- Fix iPhone Apps Keep Crashing After iOS 17 Update
- How to Fix iOS 17 Update Not Showing Up
- How to Fix iPhone Keyboard Not Working & Lagging on iOS 17
- Download iOS 17 Wallpapers in 4K, 2K, 1080p For FREE