Do you have an Apple device and recently updated it to iOS 16? Then, most probably after the update, you are getting the Update Apple ID settings error. Well, this is something that started occurring after the recent patch update. Luckily you can fix this problem using some easy tricks, and fortunately, we know all possible fixes for updating Apple ID Settings get stuck on iPhone.
So, if you notice that the updated Apple ID settings get stuck on your iPhone screen, follow the fixes we describe further down the page. Therefore, let’s get started with the guide.
What is the Reason behind updating Apple ID Settings Issue error?
The update Apple ID settings stuck error can be caused by various reasons, depending on your device model. But, the most common reason that potentially is the reason behind this error is mentioned below:
- Wrong Apple ID Credentials.
- Apple Servers Are Down.
- Outdated iOS Version.
- Poor or Bad Network Issue.
So, these are some of the reasons why you are getting this issue. Now, let’s check out the methods using which you can easily fix this problem.
Fix Update Apple ID Settings Stuck Issue on iPhone
So, let’s check out the fixes that will help you resolve the update Apple ID settings stuck issue on iPhone:
Restart Your iPhone
As a first step, restart your device since it helps solve most device issues resulting from software glitches. In most cases, it’s a safe and effective method.
Your current tasks will be forced to be cleared from the memory when you force reboot and will begin again once the device is restarted.
- Hold the Volume Up key and release it.
- Hold down Volume Down and release it.
- To turn the screen off, continue pressing the Side button. You may have to wait a while for the screen to turn off.
- After the screen turns, simply press the Side Button continuously until you see the Apple logo.
- Once the Apple logo appears, you can stop pressing the button.
- Now, you just have to open your phone and check if the updated apple ID settings issue on your iPhone gets resolved.
Change Apple ID Password
You can also consider this method in order to resolve these problems. It is possible to stop the update Apple ID settings stuck on the update screen once the Apple ID password is changed and then start them again once the password is changed. So, try changing your Apple ID password and see if that helps.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on your profile.
- Choose Password and Security from the menu.
- Then click on Change Password.
- Afterward, you will need to enter your iPhone passcode.
- You can now change your password by filling in the new one and clicking the Change button.
- Once you’ve selected your preferences, choose Sign out other devices or Don’t sign out.
Re-Verify Your Payment Details
You may get this notification if your payment or shipping details are incorrect. Therefore, it is advised that these details be checked and updated right away.
- On your Apple device, go to Settings.
- At the top, click on your avatar.
- Check out the Payment Method section under Payment and Shipping.
- If it contains an error, then it should be corrected/updated.
- Additionally, you can add a payment method here.
- You can now verify your address by clicking on the Add Shipping Address button.
- Now that you’re here, we suggest you check the Name, Phone Number, and Email section to ensure all the information is accurate.
- Check if these steps resolve the Update Apple ID Settings notification.
Change the Network Connection
It is also possible to have such a problem if your internet connection is unstable. You must have a stable internet connection to update the Apple ID settings. The connection might become weak and give you this kind of error if you have a weak internet connection.
You can use cellular data instead of your network connection to accomplish this. If the internet is not working, you can simply toggle on and off your router’s WiFi and your device’s WiFi.
It might also be a good idea to try another app under the same network to see how it works. You may have a problem with your connection if other apps are also struggling. If it works well for other apps, force close the settings app and check whether it has been updated.
Re-Sign Into Your Apple ID
Several users confirmed that the updated Apple ID settings stuck on updating screen problem were resolved after re-signing into their account. Even though it may sound like an easy fix, many users found the fix in re-signing in. It would be best if you logged out of your iCloud and then logged back in. Let’s get started:
- Go to your device’s Settings page.
- After that, tap the Sign out button. You’ll find it right at the end.
- Enter the credentials for your Apple account now if you have not already done so.
- Once you have done this, you will be logged out of your account.
- Re-sign in and verify that the Update Apple ID Settings stuck prompt has been fixed.
Perform a Software Update
You can resolve such an issue by updating your device to the latest version. Many bugs can be resolved when you update your device, and your device will work more efficiently. It is possible that while updating Apple ID, Settings stuck on updating screen will disappear once you update the iPhone. Consequently, you should consider updating to the latest version if it is available. So, in case you don’t know how to do this, check out these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to the General tab.
- Select Software Update.
- Click on Download and Install.
- Please enter the passcode.
- Finally, depending on your internet connection, you may have to wait a while for the process to complete on your iPhone. Once done, you will see that the update Apple ID settings stuck on the update screen issue gets resolved.
You should reset your device if none of the above methods work for you. Even though the reset process takes a while, it’s worth it if you’re trying to fix if the update Apple ID settings are stuck on the update screen.
Resetting the device will clear all data and files. Hence, before you reset, ensure you have backed up your important files. Once you have done this, perform these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the General option, and scroll down to find the option to Transfer or Reset iPhone. After that, tap on it.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Now, proceed by clicking Continue.
- When prompted, enter your iPhone passcode and Apple ID password.
- After entering the password. Select Turn Off.
- To confirm, tap the Erase iPhone button.
- That’s it. It may take a while for your iPhone to reset once it is confirmed.
In conclusion, we have provided you with instructions on how to fix the Update Apple ID Settings stuck screen prompts on your iPhone. It has already been mentioned that these are workarounds and not official measures. Even so, many users have reported that this issue has been resolved. I would appreciate it if you could let us know which one gave you the desired results in the comments below.
- iOS 16 Home Screen Ideas Aesthetic 2023 | iPhone Home Screen Layouts
- Fix Update is Required to Use Cellular Data on iPhone in iOS 15, 16
- How to Fix Apple TV App Not Working in Sky Q/Sky+ HD
- Stores that Accept Apple Pay – Gas Stations, Best Buy, Grocery
- How to Fix Apple Pencil 1st & 2nd Gen Not Charging
- How to Find Apple Music Replay 2023