Overwatch 2 has gained a lot of hype since its launch. Though there are some random bugs within the game, Blizzard has added various features to it, making it quite interesting. There are new characters unlocked in the games, as well as new modes to play in. Apart from that, you now have the option to change your server region in the game.
Changing servers was impossible in Overwatch, due to which players were often placed in a server of a different region. The disadvantage of this was many times, the team had players from different regions speaking different languages, due to which they were not able to talk to each other. Also, the undesired server region caused high ping issues for many users.
In Overwatch 2, users can choose server regions by themselves, thus overcoming such issues. But the question is how you can do so. This article will discuss how you can change the server region of Overwatch 2.
Changing Server Region In Overwatch 2 On PC
Given below are the steps to change the server region on Overwatch 2 on your PC-
- Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Click on All Games and then from the list of games, click on Overwatch 2.
- You will see a Play button at the bottom left corner; click on the Globe icon next to it. You will now see a list of servers; select any one server in which you want to play.
- Once done, click on Play and you will be able to play on that server.
Switch Server Regions On Overwatch 2 On Consoles (PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch)
If you are playing Overwatch 2 on consoles like PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch, you won’t be able to switch servers. You need to have Battle.net to change servers. Battle.net is only available for PC and not on consoles, so there is no way you can change servers when playing the game on a console.
Regions Available In Overwatch 2
Users can switch between 3 different regions on Overwatch 2. Given below is the list of regions that are available in Overwatch 2-
- Americas- For North America, South America, Latin America, New Zealand, and Australia players.
- Asia- For players of Eastern Europe, the European Union, Russia, Africa, and the Middle East.
- Europe- For players from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
Unlike Overwatch, you can switch between server regions on Overwatch 2. This gives you the benefit of switching between server regions in case you feel lag on your current server. Also, this prevents the player from getting into the wrong servers with players speaking in different languages. If you want to change your server region in Overwatch 2, then you can follow the steps given in this article. Following the above steps will help you change your server region in Overwatch 2.
How To Change Region In Overwatch 2 Servers On PS4?
Overwatch 2 doesn’t allow users to change server regions on the console. You need to have Blizzard.net if you want to change your region in Overwatch 2, which is not available on consoles like PS4. If you are playing Overwatch 2 on PS4, then you won’t be able to change the region of the server on Overwatch 2.
Is There Region Lock For Overwatch?
Well, Overwatch doesn’t allow you to select the region. The game will place you into the best match depending on your ping by itself. You won’t be able to switch between servers on Overwatch. However, Overwatch 2, which is the successor of Overwatch, allows you to switch between server regions.
How To Change Server In Overwatch 2?
You can click on the Globe icon in the game and then select between the three servers- America, Europe, and Asia. The detailed steps have been mentioned in the article above. You can follow the above article to change the server region in Overwatch 2.
- How to Use Mouse and Keyboard in Overwatch 2 on Xbox
- How to Fix Overwatch 2 High Ping Issue
- How to Fix Overwatch 2 Crashing or Freezing on PC, Xbox, PS4, PS5
- Is Overwatch Cross-Platform? Play on PC, Xbox, Switch & PlayStation
- How To Fix Omegle Error Connecting To Server
- How to Check Destiny 2 Server Maintenance Status and Downtime