Is Android Auto Split Screen Not Working? Android Auto app is making things easier for drivers on the road. Driving cars and going on long trips is one of the common things that people love to do. There are a lot of essential things that drivers have to go through for a completely safe journey. For safe road trips, drivers must drive with complete focus and in a great mood. That’s why drivers on a long journey keep checking for the path and the correct direction on Google Maps. And to make their mind relieved, they love to hear their favorite songs.
It is only possible because of the Android Auto installed on the car’s infotainment. Yes, most of the cars which have an infotainment system are very great for car drivers. It is because of the Split Screen feature that is provided in it. The drivers can use Google Maps on one side of the screen and the other important app on the other side of the screen.
This is a very good feature for the users; however, some users have reported that the Android Auto Split Screen is not working on their cars. Due to this issue, they are facing numerous issues. Thus, we are here to help the users by resolving this problem with the help of troubleshooting methods. The users facing the issue must follow the methods properly with their car to resolve it.
Reasons for Android Auto Split Screen Not Working
The users having cars with infotainment have reported that the Android Auto Split Screen is not working. They are not aware of why the issue is occurring to them. There are many reasons why it might occur in cars and on your device, which has Android Auto. Many users were confused when using this feature, as it worked for them when they used it for the last time.
However, most users are not able to understand the problem. That’s why we are going to list the reasons which have been reported by the users who have fixed the issue. By understanding the cause of the issue, you can resolve the problem without any hassle. So, let’s get started with it.
- Outdated Version: The issue of the Split Screen might occur with the users when the Infotainment system is not updated to the latest version. It is because the Split Screen is a feature of Android Auto, and if you have not updated the software, you will likely face the problem.
- Screen Issue: The issue might also occur if there is any problem with the touch screen of the infotainment. You are trying to start the split screen, but there are chances that the touchscreen is not working, due to which you are getting the issue.
- Internal Faults: The Android Auto Split Screen feature will also not work if there are any issues with the internal hardware of the infotainment. Sometimes, internal faults start occurring with the car due to many reasons. Some of them are power supply, outdated software, no regular service, etc.
- Device Not Connected Properly: Android Auto will work once you have connected your Android device. If you have not connected it properly, the issue will start occurring. The issue might also start if there are problems with the USB cable or connecting ports.
- Hardware Issues: The issue might occur with the users if there are any hardware issues with the Infotainment or Android device port or USB cable. There are a lot of users who have reported such incidents where they have found problems with the infotainment or the device.
- Proper Steps Not Followed: Many users faced the issue of the Android Auto Split Screen not working because they were not following the correct steps to start it. This has caused a lot of issues for many users.
How To Use Android Auto Split Screen?
The users are worried about how they can use the Android Auto Split Screen on their car infotainment. The steps are not much harder for the users to follow. You must follow a simple procedure to use the Android Auto Split Screen on the Car Infotainment. We will list the procedure below; make sure to check them out.
- First of all, make sure to check whether your Android phone has the latest Android Auto version or not.
- Now, connect the USB cable to the Infotainment.
- Wait for the device to get connected.
- Now, check whether the device is connected or not.
- You will start seeing the app. Open any of them.
- Touch the multi-window option to access the Android Auto Split Screen feature. That’s it.
Ways to Fix Android Auto Split Screen Not Working
The users are confused about the problem that they are facing. It is a big issue for car owners as it is causing them a lot of problems. We will list the methods to fix the Android Auto Split Screen not working problem. Make sure to check the methods that are listed below, as they will help you in resolving the problem.
Follow The Procedure Properly
The users getting the issue should ensure that the procedure listed above should be followed properly to use the split screen on Android Auto. If you have not followed the procedure properly, you might be unable to use the Split Screen on Android Auto. We suggest the users follow the steps above to start the Android Auto Split Screen.
Turn Off Your Car And Start Again
The users getting the issue should turn off their car and start again as there are chances that the issue might be occurring due to the car problem or the infotainment not working properly due to power supply issues. When you are turning off the car, make sure to turn it off properly and wait for some time. Once you have done this, try starting the car and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Check The USB Cable
The users trying to connect the device to the infotainment and thinking of starting the Android Auto Split Screen should check the USB Cable. There are chances that the USB Cable you are using is incompatible with the infotainment or the device, which is not working properly.
Check The Software Of Infotainment
Android Auto works when the infotainment software is updated and running on the latest version. You will face the issue if the infotainment software runs on an outdated version. Thus, we suggest users check the infotainment software and ensure it runs on the latest version. If any updates are available, download them and try using Android Auto again.
Look For Touch Screen Issues
The users should also evaluate the infotainment’s touch screen to ensure the touches are working properly. There are chances that when you are trying to start the split screen through the touch screen, it might not be working properly due to the touch screen issue. Thus, we will suggest the users make sure of it and ensure that the touchscreen is working properly. You can check for scratches, physical damage, etc.
Check For Hardware Problems
The users getting the problem should check whether the infotainment is working properly. Some problems might be in the infotainment due to the software not working properly. We will suggest the users check for hardware issues with the infotainment.
If you found any on the infotainment, make sure to get it resolved. You can also appoint some professionals for this. The professional will evaluate your car for the potential issue. The professional will tell you if any issues occur due to hardware problems.
Check For Internal Faults
The Split Screen will not work if there are any internal hardware faults. We will suggest the users get their infotainment tested, as there are chances that the issue might be occurring due to some internal faults. You can get it tested with the help of some professionals. If there are any issues found, get them fixed.
Visit Service Center
If you are still facing the issue, you should visit the service center as there are chances that the issue might occur due to car problems. It will be great for you to meet the service engineer, as they will be the ones who can help you in resolving the problem.
Wrapping Up: Fix Android Auto Split Screen Not Working
Android Auto Split Screen is an impressive feature for users. It helps the users in driving. Due to the ease of using multiple windows on Android Auto, users can easily manage Maps and other important apps on their car without taking their mobile out every time. However, some users reported issues with the Android Auto Split Screen. We have listed all the ways to help fix Android Auto Split Screen not working.
- 7 Ways to Fix Spotify Lyrics Not Showing Up on iOS or Android App
- 7 Ways to Fix App Restarts When Minimized Android
- How to Fix Fast Charging Not Working On Android
- What is Com Dti Folderlauncher App? How to Fix Android
- 5 Ways to Fix Android Phone Is Stuck In Safe Mode
- 11 Ways to Fix Phone Not Registered on Network Error on Android
- How to Cancel Or Delete Alarms on Android or iPhone
- How to Enable/Disable Google Fast Pair on Android
- 4 Ways To Fix Google Pixel 3 XL Black Screen Issue
- Top 3 Ways to Unlock SIM On Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
- 5 Ways to Take Screenshot on Google Pixel 6A