Recently, Google Pixel 3 XL Black Screen issue has been reported by many users on the internet. Users have reported that they encounter a black screen on their Pixel 3 XL, and their device has become unresponsive. This issue is not to be worried about if this is caused due to software-related reasons, but if there is some hardware issue, then this issue can be major. If you encounter this error, you shouldn’t be worried about it, as we have discussed some troubleshooting steps to help fix the Google Pixel 3 XL Black Screen issue.
Reasons Behind Facing Google Pixel 3 XL Black Screen Issue
Before continuing with the fixes, it is essential to know why you may encounter the black screen issue on Pixel 3 XL. Given below are some reasons behind facing Google Pixel 3 XL black screen-
- You may face this issue due to no power. You may face a black screen when the phone is dead or when it doesn’t power back on. This mostly occurs when the device has been damaged or when there is some issue with the screen.
- Another reason behind facing this issue can be random bugs. Many times bugs may cause your phone to become unresponsive, and you may encounter Google Pixel 3 XL black screen issue.
- If your Google Pixel 3 XL has been damaged, that may be the reason for facing this issue. For instance, if it fell down and the display has broken down, or you dropped it in water, then you are likely to face this issue.
Fix Google Pixel 3 XL Black Screen Issue
If you have been facing Google Pixel 3 XL black screen issue, then you should follow the troubleshooting steps we have listed below-
Charge The Device
If your device runs out of battery, you will likely face this issue. You should try charging the device and then try turning on your device. Wait for 15 minutes before you turn on your device. Ensure you are using an original/certified charger to charge your device. If that doesn’t fix the issue or your device is already charged, you should move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Force Restart Pixel 3 XL
If you have been facing a Google Pixel 3 XL black screen issue, you should try force restarting your Pixel 3 XL. Many times the issue may be caused due to random system crashes, which can easily be fixed by force restarting Pixel 3 XL. To do so, press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds or more until the logo appears on the screen.
This will force restart the app, and you should no longer face the issue. However, if you still encounter a black screen on Pixel 3 XL, you should move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Boot Pixel 3 XL To Safe Mode
You may often face the issue due to certain apps you installed on your phone. If the apps installed on your phone are causing the issue, then you will have to boot your phone into safe mode. You will have to boot your Pixel device into boot mode to check which app is causing the Pixel 3 XL black screen issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Turn off your Pixel 3 XL first.
- Now, press and hold the Power button and when the boot animation starts, press and hold the Volume Down button.
- The phone will now start in Safe mode. You will see Safe Mode at the bottom of your screen.
- Now start uninstalling apps manually. Uninstall the apps which you think may be causing the issue.
You will have to manually check for the apps which you think may cause the issue. Manually check and uninstall the app to fix the issue. If you started facing this issue after installing a particular app, then uninstall it to fix the issue.
Get To Service Center
If the issue is still not fixed, then you should get to the service center and get your phone repaired. If your phone fell and you started facing this issue after this, it was probably due to hardware damage. In case, if your phone has cracks, your display is damaged, or there are visible dents on your device that might be causing the issue. You should get your phone repaired, if you are facing a black screen issue due to such reasons.
These were probable steps to help fix the Google Pixel 3 XL black screen issue. You might face this issue due to hardware or software-related reasons. If the issue is caused due to software-related reasons, then the fixes mentioned in this article will help fix it. However, if the issue is encountered due to hardware damages, you will have to take your phone to the service center to fix it.