Google Pixel 7 series was recently launched in many countries. There are some countries in which Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro haven’t been launched yet. If Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro haven’t been launched in your country and you are planning to import either of these two, you might get a device with carrier locked. Your device may be carrier locked depending on where you bought it. For instance, if you bought your Pixel 7 or 7 Pro from a mobile service provider, you will be given a contract, after which your carrier will be unlocked. Until then, you will have to use the SIM from that particular service provider.
You will have to contact your seller to unlock SIM or the carrier. You may discuss it with them to unlock the carrier before the contract ends. But what if the seller cannot unlock the carrier before the contract? If you want to unlock your SIM on Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro, this article will guide you through the process. This article will show various ways to unlock SIM on your Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro.
Unlock SIM On Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
The process to unlock SIM on Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro is quite lengthy. You must reset your phone and then use ADB and fastboot to unlock the SIM. The process is quite easy; follow the steps we will be mentioned ahead. We will divide the complete process into three steps to make it easier for you to follow this guide.
Reset Your Phone
First, you will have to reset your phone. Performing a factory reset will restore your device to the factory settings, which is important before we continue unlocking the SIM. Before you reset your phone, take a backup of your data, as resetting your phone will delete all the files. Given below are the steps to factory reset your phone-
- Remove SIM from your device and turn off Wi-Fi.
- Open the app drawer on your phone by swiping it on the app screen.
- In the app drawer, tap on the Settings icon to open the Settings app.
- Head to the System section here, and tap on Reset options.
- Now, tap on Erase all data(factory reset) and then on Erase all data.
- You will be asked to enter your device’s PIN. Once you have entered the device PIN, tap on Erase all data.
- The phone will start resetting. The complete process may take some time.
- Once the process is completed, your phone will restart.
- Skip the initial setup process, do not insert the SIM in your phone, and do not connect to a Wi-Fi network before the carrier is unlocked.
Preparing Your Device For ADB and Fastboot
Now, you must prepare your device for ADB and Fastboot to continue ahead.
- Ensure you have a PC connected to a stable internet connection.
- Download and install Android USB Driver on your PC. You can download the Google Pixel USB driver from this link.
- Download and extract ADB and Fastboot tools (SDK Platform-Tools) on your PC. You can download it from this link. You will find the download links under the Downloads section on this page.
- Also, enable the USB debugging on your Pixel. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Here, head to the About Phone section.
- Tap on Build Number 5-6 times. You will see a message at the bottom of your screen saying, ‘You are now a developer.’ If you see this message, you have turned on developer mode on your device.
- Now, go back to the Settings menu and tap on Developer Options.
- Turn on the toggle for Developer Options at the top.
- Next, turn on the toggle for USB Debugging. If asked to Allow USB Debugging, tap on OK.
- This will enable USB debugging on your device.
Once done, you can move to the next step in this guide.
Unlock SIM On Google Pixel 7 And 7 Pro
Now that everything is ready, you can continue unlocking SIM on Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro using ADB and Fastboot. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Ensure you have extracted the ADB and fastboot tools on your PC. oPen the extracted Platform tools (ADB and fastboot tools) folder.
- Click on the address bar at the top, type cmd, and hit Enter to open Command Prompt.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Pixel 7/7 Pro to your PC.
- After connecting your device, type and execute the following command in the Command Prompt-
- adb devices
- You will be asked to allow USB debugging. Allow it from the prompt you get on your phone’s screen.
- You will now get the device ID for your phone on the Command Prompt.
Note- If you get the device ID, then that means your device is properly connected to your PC, and USB drivers have also been installed properly. If you do not see the device ID, then you will have properly connect your phone to your PC and reinstall the USB drivers.
- Now, type the following command and press Enter–
- adb shell
- Lastly, type and execute the following command in the Command Prompt-
- pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
- Once done, close the Command Prompt, disconnect your phone from the PC and restart your phone.
- The carrier will be unlocked on your phone. You can now use SIM from any carrier on your device.
The above guide will help you unlock SIM on your Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro. Ensure you follow the above steps correctly and do not miss out on any step. The above steps will help you unlock the carrier on your Pixel 7 series device. If you face any problem with the above guide, then do let us know in the comments section.
- Top 5 Best Game Controllers For Pixel 3XL Gaming
- How To Fix Google Pixel 3 XL Black Screen Issue
- How to Take Screenshot on Google Pixel 6A
- How to Fix Google TV Remote Not Working
- How to Fix Apple TV App Not Working in Sky Q/Sky+ HD
- How to Reset and Remove Devil Fruit in Pixel Piece
- Destiny Card Activate (Log-In Required) at destinycard.com/activate 2023