Remotes for Google TV frequently have problems. The Google TV control may occasionally stop functioning. To navigate your TV, you need the Google TV remote. Although you can use your phone for the remote, that is not a solution to this problem. So what should you do if the Google Remote is not working? No need to worry; if you came to this article looking for solutions to Google Remote not working, you would undoubtedly find the solution here.
Fix Google TV Remote Not Working
If the remote is not working, check the batteries in the remote. You will likely face this error if the batteries have been drained out. To check this, remove the batteries from the remote and then insert a new pair of batteries.
Check if the remote works or not. If the remote is not working fine, then the issue was with the batteries. If you still face the problem, the batteries were fine, but something else is causing the issue.
Reset Google TV Remote
The next thing you can try doing is resetting the Google TV remote. This will revert the remote to the factory settings and fix the problem you are facing with it. To do so, follow the steps given below –
- Remove the batteries from the remote first.
- Now press and hold the Home button on the remote. Keep on holding the button and reinsert the batteries.
- Do not release the button while the LED is solid.
- As soon as the LED starts pulsing, release the button.
- This will reset the remote, and the remote should be working fine now.
Restart Your Google TV
If you find Google TV not working, then try restarting your TV. Why so? Google TV requires many apps and services to run correctly. When any of these essential services crashes unexpectedly, then may cause issues with the Google TV. Restarting your device will most probably solve the problem. To do so, follow the steps given below –
- Turn off your TV first, and then unplug the power cord.
- Wait for a minute, and then plug the power cord.
- Turn on the TV, and the issue should no longer be encountered.
Ensure Google TV Remote Is Paired To Your TV
Another thing that you must ensure is that the Google TV remote must be paired to your TV. You can encounter this error if the remote accidentally deleted from the Google TV. In that case, you must ensure that you pair your Google TV Remote to your TV again. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, you will have to install the Google TV remote app on your phone. You will find this app on Play Store, but for iOS users, this app is not available on App Store. If you are using iPhone or iPad, then you can install the Google Home app.
- Now, pair the Google TV remote/Google Home app to your Google TV. You will be using the app to navigate on the TV.
- Now, navigate to Settings on Google TV.
- Here, select the option for remote & accessories.
- Now, select the Pair remote or accessory option.
- Your TV will now scan for any available remote.
- To pair the remote, press the Home and Back buttons together.
Update Google TV
Another thing that you must try doing is updating the Google TV. Users with outdated TV firmware have reported facing this issue. You must try updating the Google TV to fix this issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your Google TV.
- Now, head to System and then select About.
- Here, select the option for Check for Updates.
- Now, update your device and check if you still face the issue or not.
Update Google TV Remote
If the Google TV remote is still not working, we recommend updating the Google TV Remote app. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings on your Google TV.
- Here, tap on Remote & accessories.
- You will see here an option to update your remote. Update the remote.
- If you are on the latest remote firmware, you will see a ‘Remote Up To Date’ message.
How Do I Get My Google TV Remote To Work?
If you have to use Google TV Remote, you must first pair the remote to the TV. You will have to use the Google TV app on your phone to navigate it and pair the Google TV remote to it.
Can I Use My Phone As A Remote For Google TV?
Yes, you can use your phone as a remote for Google TV. You can download the Google TV app on your phone, which can be used as a remote for the Google TV.
How Do I Reset My Google TV Remote?
To reset Google TV Remote, remove the batteries from the remote. Hold the Home button for a few seconds and reinsert the batteries. Once done, you will see solid light at the bottom of the remote.