Google Maps is a widely used Maps app on Android as well as iOS devices. You can navigate the route between two places. Not only this, but you can also save any location by dropping the pin on Google Maps. This can be useful when a location doesn’t have a name on Google Maps. The pinned location then can be used to get the address of the location or you can share the location with your friend. If you want to drop a pin on Google Maps, then this is the guide for you. This article will discuss how you can drop a pin on Google Maps on your mobile/tablet or your PC.
Drop A Pin On Google Maps On The Desktop
There are two ways to drop a pin on Google Maps. Given below are the two ways which you can follow to drop a pin on Google Maps-
- Open Google Maps on your browser. In the search bar, search for the location that you are looking for, and select it. Once done, a red pin will be dropped on the location.
- Another way to drop a pin on Google Maps on Desktop is by clicking on the location on the Map. When you click on the location on the Map, you will see a red pin.
Drop A Pin On Google Maps On Mobile/Tablet
Above was the complete process to drop a pin on Google Maps on a Desktop, and this part of the article discusses how you can do so on your mobile/tablet. If you want to drop the pin on Google Maps on your Android phone, Android tablet, iPhone, or iPad, then you can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open the Google Maps app on your device.
- In the Search Bar, search for the location.
- Now, select the location which you want to pin.
- Once done, you will see a red pin dropped on Google Maps.
- Now, you can tap on the information panel that you see at the bottom. This will show information like address, direction, and contact information reviews of the place.
Another way to drop the pin on Google Maps on your mobile/tablet is by tapping on the location manually. Once you tap on the location, a red pin will appear on it. This will drop the pin on the location. You can now view the location, save it, as well as get the directions. Tapping on the X icon in the search bar will remove the red pin.
Send Desktop Pin To Your Phone
If you want to send the Desktop pin to your phone, then you will be able to do so by following the steps given below-
- Firstly, ensure the account you are using on your desktop should be the same account you are using on Google Phone.
- Tap on the Red Pin you dropped on the location on Google Maps.
- Now, tap on Send to Phone.
- You will see various ways to send your location to your phone. Select the preferred method and you will be able to do so.
Remove Pin On Google Maps
You can easily remove Pin on Google Maps by following the steps given below-
- To remove the pin on the desktop, just tap anywhere else on Google Maps and it will be done.
- To remove the pin on your phone, tap on the X icon on the search bar.
If you want to drop a pin on Google Maps, then you can follow the steps in this article. We have how you can drop pins on Google Maps on your desktop as well as on your phone. We have also discussed various ways how you can use the red pin you dropped on Google Maps.