A variety of remotes are available for Roku’s various media streamers, TVs, and audio devices. There are a variety of features that can make them differ considerably, even though they all look similar. Roku Express’ remote is a simple infrared wand, as is the remote that comes with it.
In addition to having built-in microphones, the Roku Streaming Stick+ remote also has wireless connectivity. It’s possible to find remotes that include both of those features plus a headphone jack for private listening, like the one that comes with the Roku Ultra.
But syncing the remote to Roku TV without a pairing button isn’t easy. That’s the reason why we are here. This article will teach you how to Sync Roku remote without pairing button. So, let’s get started with the guide.
How Do I Manually Pair or Sync My Roku Remote Without Pairing Button?
It is important to try pairing your remote manually if it isn’t pairing automatically. In order to do this, you will have to take a few steps. To begin, insert the batteries into the remote control.
Then, press the Pairing button. So, once you have pressed the pairing button for about five seconds, release it. It is recommended that the remote flash green. If the pairing button has not been released after this time, press it again. You can expect the remote to try to pair with your Roku device automatically, but it may not be able to do so.
You might want to contact the manufacturer of your Roku if you are still unable to connect. Using your phone to operate the remote is still possible if you cannot locate the pairing button. To ensure that the remote is within reach when someone else needs it, make sure it is within reach.
If you wish to pair your remote with your Roku TV, you will first need to unpair it. To begin with, make sure fresh batteries power your Roku remote. If the battery compartment is empty, then the remote can’t pair. If you open the battery compartment on the remote, you will usually find the pairing button located on the back.
For at least one minute, hold the remote against the Roku device. You will be able to pair the remote when it flashes green. You should check the batteries to see if it’s a rechargeable remotes. If you want your TV to sync automatically, you can power cycle it.
How to Setup Your Roku Using the Pairing Button
- Once your Roku device is turned off, please wait for ten seconds and then reactivate it.
- Whenever you use a Voice-Enabled Remote, you have to press and hold the pair button for 20 seconds after removing the batteries. This will restart your remote.
- You will sync your remote to your Roku device after holding the pair button for 5 seconds.
- You will be able to control Roku TV with your remote.
Sync the Remote Using the Mobile App
It acts as a remote for your Roku smart TV. You can use it just like a regular remote, controlling it and pairing it with the actual remote. However, you can use this method to pair your devices if the pairing button isn’t working properly. You can pair the app with your device by following these steps:
- Visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download the official Roku app.
- Then, ensure that your smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that your Roku device is connected to.
- Go to the Remote option in the Roku app.
- In the app, click on Settings.
- Navigate to the Remotes and Devices page.
- Then select Set up a New Device.
You can search for available remotes on your Roku TV by pressing the search button. Once the remote is detected and selected, it will be paired if it is functioning properly. If the pairing process does not work, try again and see if it works.
Some Frequently Asked Questions — FAQs
Why isn’t my Roku remote paired?
You must pair the Roku remote during the first setup process, which cannot be done without a paired remote. It usually comes paired right out of the box, or you will pair it during the first setup process. Roku devices typically remember Bluetooth remote controls when paired for the first time.
There are times, however, when things go wrong. It is possible that your remote may have been forgotten if you updated or reset your Roku. You will have to re-pair it. Getting your new remote to work requires pairing the new remote with your old one if your old remote was replaced.
How To Pair Roku Remote Using The TV Control Buttons
If your TV has physical buttons, it is possible to access the pairing settings menu without using the remote control. Here’s what you need to do in order to Sync Roku remote without pairing button:
- Navigate to your Roku’s Home screen
- Click on Settings.
- On the Settings screen, click on Remotes.
- Click on Pair Remote.
It should automatically pair with your remote after this step. It may be that your remote is damaged or malfunctioning if it can’t be paired.
You might have an issue with the device if the Roku remote cannot be paired, which could be an issue with the device. It might be a good idea to restart the device if that’s the case.
Roku Remote Becoming Hot: What Do You Do?
You may have to replace your remote if you keep using it for an extended period of time. If this is the case, you need to stop using it immediately and take the following steps.
- If possible, place the remote on a wood table.
- Allow 15 – 20 minutes for the process to complete.
- Make sure the batteries are removed from the battery compartment.
- Make sure the batteries are in good condition and replace them if they are damaged.
Is There A Way To Reset My Roku Remote Without The Reset Button?
It is not possible to reset a Roku remote if it doesn’t have a reset button. So, as you already know how to Sync Roku remote without pairing button; therefore, here are some options you might want to consider:
- To reset the remote, use the pairing button on the back. To get this to work, hold down the pairing button for at least five seconds for this to work. It may be necessary to reset your remote so that it can sync with your Roku device again.
- Make sure the batteries are inserted correctly into the remote before reinstalling them. By doing so, the remote may be reset and synced again with your Roku device.
- You can reset a universal remote by removing and reinserting its batteries if you are using one.
- To get further assistance, you may need to contact Roku customer service.
So, that’s how to Sync Roku remote without pairing button. We hope that this guide has helped you. Furthermore, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.