With AppleCare+, you will have access to an extended warranty and support service for your iPhone or Mac. While AppleCare+ offers additional coverage and peace of mind, you may decide to cancel the service at some point. It’s easy to cancel AppleCare+ directly from Apple, whether your circumstances have changed or there is an alternative coverage option. So, in this guide, you are going to learn the needy steps to cancel AppleCare+ for your iPhone or Mac. Therefore, let’s get started with the guide.
What is AppleCare+?
AppleCare+ provides extended warranties and support for iPhones, Macs, iPads, Apple Watches, and other compatible Apple products. Apple products are covered by an extended limited warranty in addition to their standard limited warranty.
With AppleCare+, your device is protected against hardware failure, software malfunction, and other issues. In addition to providing peace of mind and additional protection for Apple devices, it provides peace of mind to customers. In order to receive AppleCare+, customers need to purchase the service within a defined period after purchasing their Apple device. It depends on the device and the coverage type that is selected as to how much AppleCare+ costs.
What Are The Reasons to Consider Canceling AppleCare+ Subscription?
Even though AppleCare+ offers valuable benefits and extended coverage for Apple devices, a cancellation may be a good idea for several reasons. Some common scenarios are as follows:
- Change in Device Ownership: You do not need to continue paying for AppleCare+ if you no longer own the Apple device covered by it. You can avoid unnecessary costs by canceling AppleCare+ if you’ve sold or transferred the device.
- Alternative Coverage Options: AppleCare+ may have been an option at the time of purchase, but you may have found that alternatives are better suited to your needs. You can avoid overlapping or redundant coverage by canceling AppleCare+ if your third-party insurance or warranty plan offers similar coverage.
- Cost Considerations: AppleCare+ comes at a price, and if it does not fit your budget or if it is difficult to justify the ongoing expense, canceling it can save you money. If you choose to purchase an extended warranty, you must weigh the potential cost of repairs against its value.
- Limited Device Usage or Lifespan: You may not want to continue the AppleCare+ subscription if your Apple device is nearing its end of life or will only be used sparingly. If you are planning to upgrade your device in the near future or no longer use the device as extensively, canceling can be a practical choice.
- Dissatisfaction with Service or Support: Although AppleCare+ is generally reliable, it is possible to experience unsatisfactory service or customer support in some cases. To explore alternative support options, canceling the subscription may be the logical decision.
Can I Cancel my AppleCare Plan for iPhone or Mac?
No matter if you’re paying via a monthly/annual subscription or upfront, you can cancel AppleCare+. You have to visit Apple Support if you pay for AppleCare regularly, such as monthly or annually. In addition, you may be able to use the settings on your iOS device.
If you purchase AppleCare upfront, you will pay a one-time fee. There is a specific duration for the plan. If your plan expires, it won’t automatically renew. It is recommended that you contact AppleCare if you wish to receive a refund or if you wish to cancel an advance purchase. Refunds can be obtained if your case is eligible.
AppleCare+ Refund Policy
- Refund policies differ depending on the country, region, province, or state. You can get a refund from your wireless network provider if you purchase an AppleCare+ plan from them.
- Within 30 days of signing up, you can cancel AppleCare+ Subscriptions and get a full refund minus the amount of service you used.
- Upon canceling, you will receive a refund based on the percentage of your unexpired AppleCare Plan you cancel after 30 days of purchase, minus how much you used during that period.
What You Need To Know About Cancelling An iPhone Or iPad Subscription?
Are you willing to cancel AppleCare if you own an iPhone or iPad? Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to the Settings app.
- From the top, tap on Apple ID Profile.
- Next, select Subscriptions. Click Subscription.
- You will see all the active subscriptions, select one, then cancel it.
However, you must scroll through the entire screen to find Cancel Subscription. Also, in case no such option is available or if your subscription has expired. In other words, it’s already expired. You should review your local Apple terms and conditions if there is no cancel button on the subscription.
How To Cancel AppleCare+ Subscription On Mac
AppleCare subscriptions can be canceled when preparing your Mac for sale or just because you wish to cancel them. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to the App Store.
- From the top, choose your name. To sign in, click Sign-In if the name is not found.
- Then select Account Settings, swipe to Subscriptions, and click the Manage button.
- Click the Edit button.
- Finally, click on the Cancel Plan button. It is likely that the plan has already expired if there is no subscription button.
Can I cancel AppleCare with a monthly or annual subscription?
In the settings of your iPhone or iPad, you can cancel the AppleCare monthly subscription.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Tap on your Apple ID profile in iPhone Settings.
- Click on Subscriptions.
- You can find your AppleCare subscription under the subscriptions section and tap it.
- Click Cancel Plan.
- To proceed, click Confirm.
Refunds will not be automatically processed if you cancel your AppleCare monthly subscription. If you are eligible for a refund, you should contact Apple Support. There will be no renewal fee for the subscription as long as the current payment cycle remains active. If you cancel it, Apple will not renew it once the cancellation process is complete.
How to Cancel AppleCare+ Fixed Term Plan
You can cancel your AppleCare subscription if you have subscribed to the two-year fixed-term plan outlined below.
- On a PC, go to the Apple Support Website.
- Log in with your Apple ID name and password.
- Under Hardware Coverage, click Other Hardware Coverage Topics.
- Then, click Cancel or request a refund for an AppleCare plan and follow the on-screen instructions.
Can You Get a Full Refund?
Yes, in certain situations. For customers interested in purchasing AppleCare, there are two payment options available: upfront payment or monthly installments. However, if you opt for the latter, refunds will not be provided. Additionally, your coverage plan will be terminated at the end of the subsequent billing cycle.
If you cancel within 30 days after purchasing your AppleCare Plan, you will receive a full refund (minus any repairs). In this case, you will only be able to get a partial (prorated) refund if you cancel 30 days after purchase.
If you have already received a refund, then you will receive a partial refund based on a percentage of your remaining plan minus a cancellation fee.
How to Request a Refund on AppleCare+ (2023)
You may be eligible for a refund on Apple Care Plus if you meet the refund conditions listed below.
- Within 30 days of purchasing the plan, you can cancel it without penalty or extra charge, and you will receive a full refund.
- It is only possible to claim a partial refund if you cancel the fixed-term plan after 30 days.
It is assumed that you have read all of the above terms and conditions. Here are the steps you need to follow to request a refund for AppleCare.
- Visit Apple’s refund report website for more information.
- Log in to your Apple ID.
- Thereafter, choose Request a Refund from the Drop-down menu and select the reason and click Next.
- Whenever you are eligible for a refund, the AppleCare option will appear.
- Once you have selected the AppleCare option, follow the on-screen instructions to receive your refund.
What is the refund process after canceling AppleCare?
Depending on the terms of your AppleCare plan, you may need to wait a certain amount of time for a refund. In addition, it depends on when the purchase was made. When a refund is processed, it typically takes 7-10 business days.
Is it possible to change my AppleCare plan?
If you have purchased your AppleCare plan in full, it is feasible to transfer your warranty to another person. The following steps should be taken:
- Make sure you are familiar with your AppleCare agreement number, your Apple device’s serial number, and any evidence of your AppleCare coverage.
- Find out what the new owner’s name, address, e-mail address, and phone number are.
- You should contact Apple Support and request a plan transfer.
In general, you should be fine, but you might experience some issues based on where you live and the terms of your insurance policy.
We hope this guide on canceling AppleCare+ for your iPhone or Mac has been helpful. If you require additional information about AppleCare+, please leave a comment below.
- How To Charge Apple Watch Without Charger?
- How to Activate Apple at activate.apple.com TV Enter Code
- Fix Apple CarPlay Not Working in iOS 16.5 iPhone
- How to Fix “Apple Pay Services are Currently Unavailable”
- How to Fix Apple Watch Stuck on Apple Logo
- How to Fix Unauthorized or Unfamiliar Charge with Apple com/Bill
- Fix MacBook Random Shut Down Issues on macOS 13 Ventura Big Sur