We are all aware of the significance of digital payments in daily life. You can use online payment services in a variety of ways, and the biggest tech company, Apple, offers a digital payment service. Along with iOS devices, Apple Pay services have been integrated into watches. With your iPhone and Apple Pay, you can send and receive money immediately. But sometimes, users who attempt to log into Apple Pay receive the message “Apple Pay Services are now unavailable.”
What causes this message to appear, and how can it be fixed? Let’s find out.
Apple Pay is a helpful service that makes it easier for you to make digital transactions. Without keeping currency in your pocket, it’s simple to make online purchases. I am aware that many of you are having issues using Apple Pay to complete transactions.
Let’s get going and find out your reasons why Apple Pay services are currently not available.
It will be a great idea if we try to get a quick understanding of this message before moving on to learning the fixes.
You see this notification when you attempt to make payments using Apple Pay. That indicates that Apple Pay services are unavailable due to factors at your end, which might be anything. Therefore, if you are an Apple customer and you are having trouble using Apple Pay Services right now, you need to be aware of the following issues:
- While Apple ID is being launched, Apple Pay services are not available.
- When looking for an Apple Card, Apple Pay services are not available.
Therefore, in all cases, Apple Pay services have been stopped, which is frustrating. Customers have reported the issue.
Why is there a Service Error with Apple Pay?
The message “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable” may appear for several various causes; the following are some of the most frequent ones:
- network or regional restrictions.
- outdated iOS version.
- VPN interference.
- You have a low battery on your iPhone.
- Issues with the servers of Apple Pay
- faulty digital payment terminals
- The network of the phone is not configured with Apple Wallet.
- Inaccurate Apple ID data
- Glitches with Apple Pay
You can attempt the below 10 methods for resolving the “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable” problem.
1. Add a Fresh Email Address to Apple Pay.
Follow these methods to resolve the Apple Pay services’ unavailability.
- Go to the app’s settings.
- Click Options.
- From the bottom of the screen, select Email.
- Click on the email address.
You can quickly change your email address by selecting Enter New Email Address or Add from Existing Contact. Finally, click Done after choosing your option.
2. Restart your Device
Your device’s minor problems can often be resolved with a simple restart, which may also fix this error. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds to restart your device. A slider will then show up on the screen; slide it from left to right to turn it off. To switch it back on, press and hold the power button once until the Apple logo pops up on your screen.
3. Change the Region
There are still some countries around the world where Apple Pay is not yet available. Changing the region can help you fix the “service unavailable” error when using Apple Pay.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and select General.
- Click on Language & Region.
- Choose a region.
- Choose a region where Apple Pay is available, such as the US or the UK, and then click Done.
Restart your iPhone now, and Apple Pay should function properly.
4. Disable VPN
The issue might occur if you are using a VPN when using Apple Pay. You should disable your VPN and check to see whether you can send money or not. If you can transfer money, VPN is the primary offender; if not, try another method.
- Choose General in the iPhone settings menu.
- Click VPN and Device Manageist as you scroll down.
- Turn off the Status slider.
Now try Apple Pay once more.
5. Log out and Log in With Apple ID
If you still don’t understand why Apple Pay services aren’t available right now, you can log out and then log back in using your Apple ID. Follow these simple methods to learn how:
- Go to iCloud by opening the iPhone settings.
- Tap Sign out.
- If you wish to keep your notes, Safari history, and other data on your phone, iCloud will ask you. Select Delete from my iPhone.
Wait a few whiles before restarting your iPhone. Once finished, try Apple Pay by logging into iCloud once more.
6. Reset Your iPhone Device
Try restoring your device’s settings to default if you accidentally made any changes that caused the issue. For that, you need to follow these steps:
- Select General from the settings menu.
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom and click Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings, the second option from the top, on the next page.
7. Update iOS
In most cases, iOS updates are incredibly useful. They update your iPhone’s stability and security overall, add new features, and so on. Some changes, however, are more harmful than useful. Though the majority of iOS updates are trouble-free, some updates could also include a few bugs that will make your life more difficult. The issue with Apple Pay may have been brought on by the most recent iOS version that you put on your iPhone.
If that is the case and you are unable to find a new solution, your only option is to wait for Apple to address the issue in one of the upcoming versions.
To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Install the new update if it’s available, then check to see if the problem still exists.
8. Verify your Identity
To send money with Apple Cash, you must verify your identity. Here’s how, if you haven’t already, to verify your Apple ID:
- Open the Wallet app, tap the three-dotted menus, and then tap your Apple Cash card.
- Select “Verify Identity.”
Continue with the on-screen instructions.
You might be asked to provide the following personal data to confirm your Apple ID:
- Entire name
- The number for social security
- The fate of birth
- Home address
- Answers to questions about your personal history
- a photo of your state ID card or active driver’s license
Remember that Apple typically won’t accept passports for verification; therefore, you’ll have to provide an additional document.
9. Use the Cellular Data for Apple Wallet
The majority of the time, if you haven’t connected your Apple Wallet to cellular data, you’ll encounter difficulty with Apple Pay services. Follow the steps below to use Apple Wallet with cellular data:
- Click on Settings.
- Choose Cellular.
- Visit the Apple Wallet application.
- Turn it on and use the cellular data for it.
10. Check the Servers’ Status
There’s a possibility that a server failure is an actual reason Apple Pay services are down. Although rare, these situations do occur occasionally. You can do nothing if the Apple Pay servers are offline other than wait for Apple to fix the problem. Fortunately, server problems don’t last very long, as Apple responds quickly to any possible issues.
I’m hoping you were able to resolve the “Apple Pay services are currently unavailable” issue with Apple Pay while sending payments. It would be best to get in touch with Apple Support if you are still experiencing trouble. Do not forget to let me know which solution worked for you in the comments if the problem doesn’t seem to be there anymore.
- Does Wendy’s take Apple Pay?
- How to Fix Apple Watch Not Syncing With iPhone
- How to Watch CODA without Apple TV+ in 2023
- Activate NFL.com Network on Roku, PS4, Xfinity, Apple TV, Fire TV
- How to Use Crash Detection on iPhone 14 and Apple Watch 8
- Fix Downloading English US/UK Update Waiting for Network Connection