With the release of the latest Apple Watch 8 Ultra, Apple has shown the world what it can do. Even a small handheld wearable device now has the capacity of a full-blown iPhone. Leaving that aside, a lot of users don’t have Apple ID passcode. Maybe they have forgotten the Apple ID passcode or purchased a preowned watch; they want to factory reset Apple Watch. This may seem like a difficult task, but it is not. Here’s our factory guide reset the Apple watch without Apple ID.
How to Factory Reset Apple Watch without Apple ID?
- Press the dial on your iWatch to open the menu.
- From the menu, go to Settings.
- After that, click on General.
- Now scroll down to the bottom, and there you will find Reset. Click on that.
- Click on Erase All Content and Settings.
- When prompted, you now have to enter the Passcode and proceed further.
- Now click on Erase All again.
Now, wait for some time until your Apple Watch processes this information, and then it factory resets. When your Apple Watch turns on, it will ask you to restore a backup.
If you want this, you can do it, but your watch will be the same as it was. Further, you can skip this step and proceed further by logging in using your Apple ID.
What If You Don’t Have a Passcode?
If you don’t have the Apple ID passcode, you can again reset your watch but by using the hardware buttons. In this method, you will be using the Digital Crown and the physical power button. Follow these steps to do the same:
- Plug your Apple Watch into the charger.
- While your Apple watch is being charged, press and hold the Side button.
- When you see the Power Off option, press and hold the Digital Crown.
- Now a new menu will pop up, and you have to tap Reset.
- Once you have done this, your watch will take several minutes and then restart, and all your data and information will be erased.
This will reset your Apple Watch without the Apple ID passcode. You will also have the option to restore the iCloud backup at a later stage but with the same Apple ID.
Additional Information About Resetting Apple Watch Without Apple ID
Even if you manage to factory reset the Apple watch without Apple ID, you cannot use a stolen watch or even sell it to someone else. Because as soon as you turn on the watch, it will start asking you for your Apple ID and password. And that Apple ID should be of the same user who was earlier using it.
So, make sure not to do any wrong thing because we aren’t promoting it. Stay safe, and let everyone do the same.
Can I Reset Apple Watch Without Apple ID?
You can reset your Apple Watch even if you don’t have your Apple ID or passcode. There is a robust security system in place to safeguard Apple devices called Apple Activation Lock.
The Activation Lock cannot be bypassed using the aforementioned methods, but all data on the watch, including media and settings, can be easily wiped. To do so, you must first disconnect it from My Devices on iCloud before resetting it.
Can I Bypass the Activation Lock on My Apple Watch?
When you have access to the original iPhone that you used to pair with your Apple Watch, you can turn off Activation Lock. Unpairing the Apple watch is as simple. You just have to open the Watch app and unpair your watch from it. The activation lock will be disabled this way.
The Bottom Line
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can factory reset your Apple Watch without Apple ID. We hope this guide has helped you. Now you know how secure Apple watches are, and even if your factory reset an Apple Watch without Apple ID, you won’t be able to use it without the previous owner’s ID. If you still have any questions, comment down below.
- How to Fix Update Apple ID Settings Issue on iPhone
- Fix There Was An Error Connecting To The Apple ID Server
- Get Rid Of Scratches on Apple Watch Screen
- Connect Apple TV to WiFi Without Remote
- How To Charge Apple Watch Without Charger?
- How To Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone
- How to Hard Reset Apple Watch in 2023