Unpairing Apple Watch clears all its data and restores Settings to factory default. Whether you want to sell your Watch or face any issues, unpairing the Watch will help you out. When you unpair Apple Watch, all the data in the Watch will be deleted, and you won’t be able to restore it. So how can you unpair an Apple Watch?
- 1 How To Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone 2022
- 2 FAQs
How To Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone 2022
In this article, we will be discussing the steps to unpair Apple Watch without iPhone and with it.
Unpair Apple Watch
You can unpair Apple Watch without iPhone as well as with it; this article will cover both methods. However, before continuing with the process to unpair Apple Watch, there are a few things that you must know-
- Take a backup of the data on your Watch. Unpairing the Watch will clear your data, so ensure you have a backup.
- Activation lock status will depend on how you are unpairing the Watch. If you are unpairing the Watch through iPhone, it will be removed, and if you are unpair Apple Watch without iPhone, it will be active.
- In case you have a transit card in the Wallet Card, then you must first remove the transit card from your Watch and then unpair it.
Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone
To unpair, Apple Watch without iPhone, follow the steps given below-
- Tap on the Settings option on your Apple Watch.
- In the Settings, head to the General section.
- Here, tap on Reset and Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you are asked to enter your passcode, then do so to continue ahead.
- If you have the GPS + Cellular model of the Apple Watch, then you will be asked whether you want to keep your cellular plan or remove it.
- Keep your plan if you will be pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone again.
- You can remove the cellular plan if you do not pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone again. To do so, you will have to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.
- Once done, tap on Erase All. This will unpair your Apple Watch without iPhone.
Unpair Apple Watch With iPhone
If you have your iPhone with you and want to unpair your Apple Watch, then you will be able to do so by following the steps given below-
- Firstly, keep your iPhone and your Apple Watch close to each other.
- Now open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Head to the My Watch tab and tap on All Watches.
- Now tap on the info icon next to the Watch you are looking forward to unpairing.
- On the next screen, tap on the Unpair Apple Watch option.
- If you are using a GPS + Cellular watch, you will be asked to keep or remove your cellular plan.
- If you will pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone again after unpairing it, then you can choose to keep your plan.
- If you will not pair the Apple Watch to iPhone again, you can remove the plan, but you will have to contact your carrier.
- Confirm unpairing your Apple Watch. You will have to enter the Apple ID password to disable the Activation lock.
Note- Backup will be created while you unpair your Watch through your iPhone. You can later restore your Watch data from this backup.
- Once done, you will see a message on your screen saying ‘Start Pairing,’ and you can then set up your Watch.
This is how you can unpair Apple Watch without iPhone and with it. Whether you have your iPhone with you or not, you can unpair your Apple Watch easily. We hope this article helps you with what you are looking for. If it did help you, then do let us know in the comments section.
How Do I Unpair My Apple Watch If I Lost My iPhone?
You can unpair Apple Watch with your iPhone from the Watch itself. This will be helpful if you have lost your iPhone or no longer have access to it.
How Do I Reset A Stolen Apple Watch?
Apple Watch can be reset from the iPhone or from the Watch itself. If you have lost the Apple Watch, you can use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone to reset your Watch. We have discussed the complete process in the article above so that you can follow that.
What To Do My Watch Is Lost?
You can lock your Watch and put it in Lost Mode. This can be done from iCloud or the paired iPhone. You will now be able to send custom messages to the Watch, which will be helpful if anyone finds it. However, if you have lost hope of finding your Apple Watch, then you can unpair the Watch.
Can Apple Watch Be Tracked After Reset?
Once you have reset your Apple Watch, you will no longer be able to track it. Resetting your Apple Watch will remove all your data, and you won’t be able to track your Watch now.