Apple Watch does not have a lot of storage to store apps, Music, and other things. Different watch series have varying storage, and one may find it disturbing not to have enough storage to download apps, files, and updates. Your Apple Watch will hint to you about low storage, and if you find Apple Watch to be running low on space, then this article will help you with it.
How to Free Up Space on Your Apple Watch
In this article, we will be discussing how you can free up space on Apple Watch.
Know What Is Consuming Storage
Firstly, you should know what is consuming much of your space on Apple Watch. Whether it is the app, Music, photos, or any other files, you should know what consumes storage on your Watch. To check the storage from your Apple Watch, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your watch.
- In Settings, head to General and then to Usage.
- Here, the storage section displays the total storage and the used storage.
- Swipe down the screen and you will know what type of file and content is consuming the storage of your Apple Watch.
In case, if you want to check the storage of the Apple Watch from the app on your phone, then head to the My Watch > General > About. This will show the total storage as well as the used storage on your Apple Watch.
Remove Unnecessary Apps
The very first thing that you should do is remove the unnecessary apps. If you want to remove the apps on your Apple Watch from your phone, then follow the steps given below-
- Open the Watch App on your phone.
- In the app, head to the My Watch screen and swipe down until you reach the Installed on Apple Watch section.
- Now, select the app you want to remove and turn off the toggle for Show App on Apple Watch.
- Head back to the previous screen and you will see that the app is now there in the Available Apps section.
If you want to remove apps from the watch directly, then follow the steps given below-
- Press the Digital Crown to go to the Home screen.
- If the home screen is in grid view, then follow the steps below-
- Hold down the app icon until all the app icon starts shaking.
- Now, tap on the X button on the app you want to remove.
- Confirm deleting the app. Now, press the Digital Crown again to stop the jiggling of the app.
- In case the home screen is in list view, then follow the steps given below to remove the app-
- Swipe the list and look out for the app you want to delete.
- Now swipe the entry of the app to the left and then tap on the Trash can.
- Tap on Delete App to delete the app.
Another way to free up space on Apple Watch is by resyncing photos. To resync photos on your Watch using your iPhone, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, and head to the My Watch section.
- Here, tap on the Photos option.
- Next, ensure the option is set to Custom and not Mirror my iPhone.
- Next, tap on the Synced Album and switch to a different album with lesser photos.
- Now, tap the Photos Limit and reduce the number of the photos to be synced.
Another troubleshooting step to follow is removing the podcast. Many people listen to the podcast on Apple Watch, and if you store podcasts on Apple Watch, then you should remove them. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Here, head to the My Watch tab.
- Now, tap the Podcasts option. You will now see two options to automatically download episodes.
- Selecting the Custom option gives you control over the podcasts synced to your watch. However, if you don’t want any of it, then you can simply turn off the toggle for the podcasts that you are no longer listening to.
Many people also listen to audiobooks from their Apple Watch. If that is the case, then you should remove audiobooks. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Watch app on your phone.
- Head to the My Watch section on the iPhone. Here, tap on the Audiobooks.
- Disable the option for Reading Now and Want to Read. If these options are enabled, then your Watch will automatically download the audiobook.
If your Watch storage is occupied by the Music you love to listen to from the Watch, then you should try removing it. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Watch app on your phone.
- Here, click on My Watch on the bottom bar and then click on Music.
- Turn off the toggle for the Recent Music.
- Once done, tap on the Edit option at the top right corner.
- Now, tap on the Delete icon right next to the playlist you want to delete. Confirm deleting, and this will remove the Music from the Watch.
Unpair Apple Watch
Lastly, if you still find your Watch to be low on storage, then unpair and repair the Apple Watch. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open the Watch app, and tap on All Watches.
- Next, tap on the Info icon next to your watch, and then tap on the option for Unpair Apple Watch. This will unpair the Apple Watch.
- Now, bring your Apple Watch close to your iPhone.
- Wait till you see pairing, and tap on Continue.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to pair your watch.
Apple Watch has lesser storage when compared to a phone, and nobody would want to run out of storage on their Apple Watch. If you are low on storage on your Apple Watch and you want to free some space, then this article will help you with it. Following the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to free up space on your Apple Watch at ease.