Nothing can be more heartbreaking than scratches on your brand-new Apple Watch. That’s why, a lot of people, after purchasing an Apple watch, put on a screen guard or a screen protector. On the other hand, some users who are lured by the fact that these watches come with Gorilla Glass protection overlook the need for a screen guard. And that’s when their Apple Watches get scratched.
If you are one of those users who has his Apple watch scratched, don’t worry because here’s a guide to effectively eliminating scratches on the Apple watch.
How to Remove Scratches From Apple Watch
Look, before beginning this guide, we would like to tell you that everything is possible in this world. And so as remove scratches on Apple Watch. However, the main roadblock users face is with their patience. Since the Apple Watch is made with tough sapphire glass, removing scratches take time. So, when you are all set to give your hard time removing scratches, read this guide.
Method 1: Apply the Screen Protector
If your Apple Watch is already scratched a little bit and you don’t have a lot of time to do some out-of-your-league gigs, your best bet would be to apply a screen protector.
Applying a screen protector right now will benefit you from further scratching your watch even more and even hide the previous scratches by providing a film on top of the glass. Moreover, if your protector gets scratched again, you can easily replace it at a fraction of the cost.
If you have time and are looking for ways to get rid of scratches on Apple Watch glass, follow the next method.
Method 2: Remove Scratches Using Toothpaste
Toothpaste acts as a rubbing compound and a good scratch remover. If the scratches on your Apple Watch are not too deep, you can use this method. You will need 2-3 things at hand, including toothpaste, isopropyl alcohol, and water.
Start by spraying some isopropyl alcohol to remove dust and debris off the screen. This will also ensure that the scratches are also dust free.
Now, put a pea-sized amount of toothpaste, take a small microfibre cloth, and start rubbing gently. After one minute of rubbing, put a drop of water. Repeat this process for 5 minutes. After that, take isopropyl alcohol and wash the surface and check whether the scratch is gone.
When the scratch is gone, put a screen protector to prevent any future scratches. If the scratches are pretty deep, read the next method.
Method 3: Remove Scratches Using a Rubbing Compound
In some cases, the scratches are deep and hard to go. However, these scratches are mostly found in order watches, but some newer watches also have dashed against something strong or pointed.
Removing these scratches is tough, but there’s a simple process to do. Nevertheless, you have to take proper care while removing these scratches otherwise, your screen may get damaged. Follow these steps to get rid of stubborn scratches:
- Buy an Epoxy Rubbing Compound and a long microfibre cloth. You can find Epoxy compounds in any car care store.
- Spray a few drops of isopropyl alcohol on the glass and rub it for 1 minute with a microfibre cloth.
- Once done, start rubbing the epoxy compound with a new strip of microfibre cloth. Be careful that you don’t apply too much pressure otherwise, the glass will get more scratched.
- After every 1 minute of rubbing, add a few drops of alcohol and keep rubbing until the scratches start disappearing.
Now all your scratches must be gone once and for all. Put on a screen protector to not get your Apple Watch scratched again.
Method 3: Use Glaz Liquid 2.0
A new method has recently come into the market that claims to remove scratches on every Apple product, including Apple Watch. Interestingly, this Glaz Liquid 2.0, when applied, not only removes scratches but also forms a layer of screen protectors. Here are the steps you need to follow if you want to use Glaz.
- Purchase Glaz Liquid 2.0 from any online store.
- Damp a cloth with isopropyl alcohol and lightly wipe your watch to ensure there’s no dust.
- The liquid comes with some kind of cloth. Put the liquid into the cloth and start wiping it.
- Wipe for 30 seconds and leave the watch untouched for 2 hours.
The substance is sticky, so wash it off if you have anything on hand. Now when the liquid has hardened, you will see that your Apple Watch is good as new and all scratches are removed.
The Bottom Line | Apple Watch Scratch Repair
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can remove scratches from your Apple Watch. We hope this guide has helped you. However, if you think the Apple watch is not deeply scratched, we recommend that you get a screen protector and keep using it.
Any day, Apple will launch a new watch, and your watch will get old. Your desire to purchase a new watch will drastically increase when your watch gets old. So now you know what we mean by apple watch scratch repair. If you have any doubts, make sure to comment down below.
- How To Turn off Apple TV and Apple Watch Keyboard Notifications
- How to Fix Apple Watch Battery Draining Too Fast
- Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone
- How to Fix Apple Watch Not Syncing With iPhone
- Charge Apple Watch Without Charger
- How to Hard Reset Apple Watch in 2023
- How To Unzoom or Zoom Out Apple Watch