Many people prefer using Ethernet to connecting to a wired network. People consider Ethernet to be much more stable and faster than the wireless internet. However, many users have reported facing Windows 11 Ethernet not working issue. This is a common problem with Windows PC that you may face due to driver issues. If you are facing this issue, then this article will help you fix that.
Fix Ethernet Not Working in Windows 11
We have discussed some troubleshooting methods to help fix Windows 11 Ethernet not working.
Restart Your PC
You may face this issue due to temporary bugs on your system, which may be solved by restarting your system. If you are facing this issue, then you should try restarting your PC.
After restarting your PC, check whether the Ethernet works fine or not. If Ethernet is still not working on Windows 11, then move to the next troubleshooting methods.
Try Changing The Ethernet Port
Many times the issue maybe because of the faulty Ethernet port on the router. You should try changing the port on your router and then check if you still face the issue or not. You can even try changing the Ethernet cable and then check if you still face this error or not.
Reinstall The Ethernet Drivers
You may face this issue due to faulty internet drivers. You may try reinstalling Ethernet drivers and then check if you still face this issue or not. To reinstall Ethernet drivers, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for Device Manager and open it.
- In the Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters by double-clicking on them.
- Now select the driver, right-click on it, and then click on uninstall device. Once done, restart your PC, and the driver will be reinstalled on your PC.
- You can check whether the driver is reinstalled or not from the network adapters section in the Device Manager.
- If the driver is not there, then head to the action tab in the device manager, and click on scan for hardware changes. This will install the driver on your PC.
Run The Network Troubleshooter
If you still face the issue, then you should try running the network troubleshooter. The network troubleshooter identifies the issue with the network adapter and the internet, and it will fix it. Follow the steps given below to run the network troubleshooter.
- Head to the Settings app on your PC by pressing the Windows + I key combo on your keyboard. You can either search for and open Settings in the Start menu.
- By default, you will be headed to the System section in the Settings. If you are not on the System section, click on the system in the left sidebar in the Settings.
- Now in the System section, search for troubleshoot and click on it. In the troubleshoot section, click on other troubleshooter.
- Here click on the run option next to the network adapter.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter and get the issue fixed.
This will fix the Windows 11 Ethernet not working issue on your PC. If this also didn’t fix the issue for you, you should head to the next step.
Try Resetting The Network Settings
Many times resetting the network settings can fix the issue for you. This will delete all the current network settings and will revert them to the default option. To reset the network settings, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app on your PC.
- Head to the Network & Internet section from the left sidebar in the settings.
- Here click on advanced network settings, and then click on network reset.
- Click on reset now and then follow the on-screen instructions to reset the network settings.
Update The Driver
If Ethernet is still not working Windows 11, then you should try updating your network driver. To update the network driver, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start menu, search for device manager and open it.
- In the device manager, double-click on the network adapters option to open it.
- Now select your network driver, right-click on it, and then click on update driver. This will update the network driver.
If you don’t want to use the device manager to update the driver, you can use third-party apps to update the driver. You can use third-party apps like Driver Booster or DriverPack Solution to update the driver.
Performing A Netsh Winsock Reset
This method can help solve certain network issues that you may encounter. This method isn’t directly related to the Ethernet not working in Windows 11, but many users have reported that their issue was fixed after following this step. To perform a Netsh Winsock Reset, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start menu, search for CMD and open it. This will open Command Prompt on your PC.
- In the command prompt, type the command netsh winsock reset and hit Enter to execute the command.
This should most probably fix the issue for you.
RELATED WINDOWS 11 GUIDES:
- How To Change Or Adjust Screen Resolution
- “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” – How to Fix?
- How To Speed Up Windows 11 and Optimize Performance
If Ethernet is not working in Windows 11, you should follow the steps given in this article. We have discussed some efficient troubleshooting steps to help fix Windows 11 Ethernet not working. Following the above steps, you will be able to fix the issue you were facing. We hope this article helps solve the Ethernet issue you faced.