Amazon is an American-based multinational e-commerce company that offers many products and services like cloud computing, online streaming, etc. One of its services is Prime which provides you with multiple benefits for shopping by charging a monthly or annual subscription.
But, many users have noticed an “Amazon Prime PMTS” charge in their bank statement even though they didn’t take any subscription. So, for obvious reasons, they wonder what the amount is about.
You’re at the right place if you also face the same problem. Here, I’ll help you know “What is Amazon Prime PMTS?” and how to prevent it in the future.
What Is Amazon Prime PMTS?
The term “PMTS” defines “Payments,” When you’re charged for Amazon Prime Membership, it shows up as Amazon Prime PMTS in the statement. Amazon charges you for all of its products and services as it’s Amazon’s revenue model, and when you see “Prime” in the bank statement, it’s because of the Prime Membership you have taken.
You must agree to the terms & conditions about the recurring payments when you take an Amazon Prime subscription, even if it’s a free trial. After the period is over, and you don’t cancel the subscription before the date, it’ll charge you the determined amount for that month or that year as you selected. This charge appears on the statement in your account as “Amazon Prime PMTS.“
Last year in 2022, Amazon was charging $12.99 monthly and $119 yearly for Amazon Prime, but now, in 2023, it has increased the price. So, if you take its subscription, you’ll have to pay more.
If you don’t know about its latest plans, then the below chart will help you.
|Government assistance recipients||$6.99||N/A|
You should also know that the final amount will differ according to the tax applied, but the base will be shown in the above chart.
Amazon keeps charging you whether you use the service, and it will be debited from your credit or debit card monthly or annually on your selected payment method.
Apart from Amazon Prime, you may also be charged for its other subscriptions like Audible, Amazon Music, Kindle, etc. So, if you haven’t taken Amazon Prime and are still being charged, you should check if you have accepted those subscriptions, and if you don’t want that canceling, that will be a better option.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership?
Now, you know what Amazon Prime PMTS is, and if you don’t want to continue the service, you should immediately cancel it.
After doing that, you’ll still be able to use the service until the billing cycle ends; after that, it’ll be a regular account.
It’s easy to connect to Amazon customer service and tell them you no longer want to use that service. They’ll ask you for your few account details to verify your identity and process your request.
In the same way, you can contact your bank and verify your identity by providing your details. Then tell them to block the payment for that particular service.
You can also cancel the Amazon Prime Membership from both the app and website, and to help you, We have provided steps for both below.
If you use the Amazon app to access all of its services and want to cancel your Amazon Prime Membership through it, these are the steps that you need to follow:
- First, open the Amazon app on your Android or iOS device and ensure you’re logged in to your account.
- Then, you’ll see three lines at the bottom right side of your screen; click that.
- After that, you need to tap on Accounts, located at the bottom right.
- It’ll open your Amazon account; you must open the “Account Settings” menu and click “Manage Prime Membership.“
- Then, click on the “Manage Membership” drop-down menu.
- After that, you’ll see different options on your screen where you need to click on “Update, cancel, and more.”
- Finally, click “End Membership” and confirm your request to terminate your Amazon Prime subscription.
Canceling the Amazon Prime Membership through its website is slightly different and as follows:
- First, on any browser, navigate to https://www.amazon.com and sign in to your account using your credentials.
- After logging in, go to the “Account & Lists” drop-down menu at the top-right corner.
- Now, you’ll see the “Prime Membership” option below the “Memberships & Subscriptions” menu; click that.
- On the next screen, click the “Update, Cancel, and More” option under the “Manage Membership” option.
- Now, click “End Membership,” and it may ask you for confirmation; click that to end your Amazon Prime Membership officially.
Will Amazon charge me if I cancel the Prime Membership?
Amazon’s terms say that if you cancel the Prime Membership within three days of signing up for the account or convert from a free trial, it’ll refund you the whole amount.
Do Amazon Prime and Prime Video have two different charges?
You don’t get Prime Video Channels with the Amazon Prime subscription as their charge is separate to add premium content from third-party networks.
Why am I getting charged twice for Amazon Prime?
It can be because you have taken Amazon Prime in two accounts or somebody who has full access to your account has done this. In this case, you can also contact Amazon Customer Service to resolve the issue.
Hopefully, this article has helped you learn “What is Amazon Prime PMTS?” I have explained it simply with the method to stop it in the future. If you still have any questions, please drop your queries in the comments below.
- How to Download Amazon Prime Video on Windows 11
- How To Get Amazon Prime Video Accounts for Free
- How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 2063
- Register Device at amazon com/mytv Enter Code Login Amazon MyTV
- How to Fix Amazon Cart Not Working Error
- How to Change Country on Amazon Shopping App and Website
- How to Change Language on Amazon in PC or Mobile