If you have been using Amazon, you might have been tempted to order something that is not available in your country. In that case, it is a better option to change the country on the Amazon shopping app or website, whichever you use. As a result, more and more people want to change country on Amazon to see which products are available in other counties and whether they can order them at lower prices. Whatever the reason might be, here’s our guide to changing your country on Amazon with additional details.
Why Do You Want to Change Your Country on Amazon?
There can be plenty of reasons why someone would want to change their country on Amazon. While some move out of their respective countries, others just try to change country to know whether they can order some products that are not available in their country. Others, however, try to change the country in the hope that they will be able to stream content on Prime videos that are not accessible otherwise in their respective countries.
Now, it totally depends on you why you want to change your country on Amazon. We, on the other hand are here to guide you to do this on the Amazon app and Amazon website. So, make sure that you follow this guide carefully. In the end, we will also explain how you can watch videos that are not available in your country.
How to Change Country on Amazon Shopping App?
Changing country on the Amazon Shopping app is a bit difficult compared to the browser one because you will be redirected to a website, but you will be switched to the app again once the country is changed.
It doesn’t matter whether you are using an iPhone or an Android. The steps are almost identical. You just have to follow these steps, and you are good to go.
- Open the Amazon shopping app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu from the bottom.
- In the next page, scroll down a bit until you see Settings.
- Tap on Settings.
- Once you tap on settings, a drop-down menu will open.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on Country & Language.
- Once you tap on it, you will list of countries where Amazon is available.
- Select your desired country and it will be saved.
However, after changing your country, you will be logged out. Moreover, if you are a prime customer, your prime benefits will also be gone. So, make sure before you perform the such step. On the brighter side, when you follow these same steps to switch back to your original country, everything will be restored to as it was before.
How to Change Country on Amazon Website
As already said, changing the country on the Amazon website is a lot more easier when compared to the app version. Further, if you don’t use mobile a lot to shop on Amazon, you might find changing country on the Amazon website convenient. Follow these steps to do the same:
- Open Google Chrome or any other browser installed on your PC.
- Go to Amazon.com.
- If you aren’t logged in, log in.
- Beside the search bar, you will see your Country Flag.
- Hover your mouse on that flag to open the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Change Country / Region.
- In the next window, select your desired country and click on Save.
Well, that’s it. This is how you can change your default country on Amazon. Further, these methods are applicable to both smartphones and PCs.
What if the Above Methods Don’t Work?
If the above methods aren’t working for you, you can change your country by creating a new account. As already said, if you are a Prime Customer, changing country will take away your Prime benefits. Therefore, it is important that you read the rest of the guide.
So, if the above methods aren’t working out for you, you can use a VPN. Some of the best VPNs can help you change the Amazon shopping country on the app and the website.
Can I Watch Prime Video After Changing Country?
A lot of people want to change their Amazon shopping country in the hope that they will be able to stream movies and shows that are currently unavailable to them in their country. As a result, users change their country and see that nothing is happening.
Keep in mind when you change country, Amazon Prime benefits are taken away. As a matter of fact, Amazon Prime is meant to be used only in the country it was purchased earlier. Therefore, until you purchase Amazon Prime again after changing your country, you won’t be able to stream any Prime shows and movies.
But there’s a way to go around it. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the Best VPN.
- Log out of Amazon from everywhere, including your PC and Mobile. If possible, clear the cache.
- Now, start your VPN and choose the country where your favorite show or movie is accessible.
- Log into Amazon.
- You will receive a verification code to validate the login. Accept that.
- Open Prime Video, and you will see that the movie is now accessible that wasn’t otherwise.
The Bottom Line
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can change the country on Amazon Shopping App and Website. We hope this guide has helped you. If you are still facing issues with changing your country, make sure to comment below.
- How to Pay with Apple Pay on Amazon
- How to Use PayPal On Amazon
- Change Language on Amazon in PC or Mobile
- How to Activate WE TV on Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV
- How to Change Billing Address on Amazon
- What is Amazon Hub Counter? Amazon Hub Counter Near Me
- How to Setup and Login to Amazon Smile Account
- How to Download Amazon Prime Video on Windows 11
- How to View and Download Your Amazon Order History