Online shopping has made our lives a lot easier and more convenient. You can browse through the online catalog, look through the price, compare the products, and buy what you need to do. The product you buy online will be delivered to your Address without hassle. When shopping on Amazon, you will be asked to enter your billing and shipping address for a successful purchase; without these two, you won’t be able to place your order.
Many people are confused about what billing and shipping address is and what difference it makes if they both are the same or separate. Because of this, many people set the wrong billing address while shopping on Amazon. If you have set the wrong billing address or have shifted to a different place and want to change your Billing address in Amazon, then this article will guide you on how you can do it.
How To Change Billing Address on Amazon
The billing address is the address to which the product is billed. This can be different from your shipping address, but by default, Amazon will keep your billing address the same as your shipping address. If you want to change your billing address, then you can do so by following the steps given below-
On Amazon App
- Open the Amazon app and ensure you are signed into your account.
- Tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner.
- Here, tap on the Account option.
- In the Account section, tap on More Payment Options.
- Tap on the Edit button under your card or your wallet.
- Next, tap on your billing address.
- You will be asked to select a billing address; select the Address and tap on Use this Address.
- If you want to add a new billing address, tap Add an address.
- You will be asked to enter your billing address. Once done, tap on Use this Address.
On Amazon Website
- Head to the Amazon website by clicking on this link and signing into your account.
- Click on your account name at the top right corner.
- Now, click on Payment Options here.
- You will see your saved cards here, click on the card for which you want to change the billing address, and then click on Edit.
- Click on the Change button under the Billing address on the popup screen.
- Next, select the Address you want to keep as your billing address and click on Use this Address.
- To add a new billing address, click on Add an address.
- Now, enter your account details and click on Use this Address.
How To Change Shipping Address on Amazon
The shipping address is the address where your products are shipped. If you want to change your shipping address on Amazon, then you can follow the steps given below-
On Amazon App
- Open the Amazon app and tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner.
- Here, click on Account at the bottom.
- Now, tap on the Your Addresses option.
- Tap on the Edit button under the Address you want to edit.
- Make changes to the Address, and then tap on Save Changes.
- If you want to add a new address, then tap on Add a new address option.
- Now, enter all the address information you are asked for and tap on Save Changes.
On Amazon Website
- Open the Amazon website by clicking on this link. Ensure you are signed into you are account.
- Click on your account name at the top right corner of the Amazon home page.
- Now, click on the Your address option.
- Click on the Edit button for the Address you want to change.
- Do the edits you want to, and then click on the Save Changes button.
- To add a new shipping address, click on Add Address and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: You cannot edit your default address on Amazon. If you want to make changes to your default address, you will have to set another address as the default address, make changes to the old Address, and then set it as the default address.
This article discusses how you can change your billing and shipping address on Amazon. Shipping address and billing address are two different things, but by default, your shipping address is your billing address when shopping on Amazon. If you want to make changes to your shipping address and billing address on Amazon, then you can do it by following the steps given below-
Can Billing Address And Shipping Address Be Different On Amazon?
Yes, both these addresses can be different if you want them to be. If you want to keep them the same, you can do it that way. Even if the billing address is different from the shipping address, it won’t matter; the billing address is where your product is billed, whereas the shipping address is where your product is shipped.
Can We Change The Billing Name In Amazon?
Yes, you do have the option to change your billing name on Amazon. You can change everything about the billing address, including the email, phone number, name, and Address.
What If Billing Address Is Wrong On Amazon?
If the billing address is wrong and you haven’t placed the order, you can change it beforehand; the steps are already discussed above. However, if the order is placed and the billing address is wrong, you will have to contact Amazon customer support to update your correct Address.
- Download Amazon Prime Video on Windows 11
- How to Download Amazon Flex App for Android 2023
- How to Setup and Login to Amazon Smile Account
- How to Change Language on Amazon on PC or Mobile
- View and Download Your Amazon Order History
- What is Amazon Hub Counter? Amazon Hub Counter Near Me
- Amazon ERC Number | How Do I Contact Amazon HR?