Sony PlayStation is one of the popular gaming consoles that every player has these days. The players love to use the console to play the game with their friends. The developers have made sure that the players can get their friends in the game that they want to play with through multiplayer support.
However, there are some players who have reported problems with the PlayStation. The users have reported that the PSN Friends List Not Loading, due to which they are not able to connect with their friends and play the game. It is a serious issue that the players are facing. However, you need not worry, as we will help you Fix PSN Friends List Not Loading issue.
Why is the PSN Friends List Not Loading?
There are a lot of users who are affected by the problem of the PSN Friends List Not Loading. A lot of reasons are there as to why the users are facing this issue on their PlayStation. We are going to list them one by one so that you can understand why you are facing the issue on your PlayStation and how you can solve it.
- Internet Problems: The users who are getting the issue of PSN Friends List Not Loading might face this if the internet speed is not stable.
- Server Maintenance: You will get the problem of PSN Friends List Not Loading if the server is not working.
- Session Problems: The problem will start occurring on the PlayStation if the session that you are logged in has expired.
- Bugs: You will keep on getting the PSN Friends List Not Loading issue if there are some bugs in the PlayStation.
- WiFi Connectivity Issues: If the WiFi is not connected to the PlayStation, then you will start getting the PSN Friends List Not Loading issue.
Ways to Fix PSN Friends List Not Loading or Showing Up
Many players have reported the PSN Friends List Not Loading issue on their PlayStation. We have already listed the reasons why you are facing the issue. Now, we are going to list the methods through which you will be able to fix the issue on your PlayStation.
Restart The Console
The users facing the issue of the PSN Friends List Not Loading should try restarting the console, as it will help you resolve the issue. This has helped a lot of users in fixing the problem. So you should also try it.
Test The Internet Connection
When the users are getting the PSN Friends List Not Loading issue, they should try testing the internet speed as it will help them know whether the internet connection they are connected with is working properly. You can check out this guide to learn the ways to test the internet connection.
Check For Maintenance
If the servers of the PlayStation are under maintenance, then the PSN Friends List Not Loading issue is likely to occur. Many users have found that the servers were not working properly when they were trying to play the game, due to which the PSN Friends List Not Loading issue started.
Log Out and Log In Again
If you are facing the issue of the PSN Friends List Not Loading, then you can also try logging out and logging in again. This will help fix the problem if it is occurring due to the session expired issue. So you should try doing this on your PlayStation and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Account Management.
- Select Sign Out.
- Now, confirm it, and you will be signed out.
- Log in to your account again and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Update The DNS Settings
Those who have not updated their DNS Settings for a long time should check whether the DNS Settings are correctly updated. Thus, we will suggest that you should check the DNS Settings of the PlayStation that you are using. You have to follow the steps which are listed below to do this.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Network and Select the Internet Connection Setup.
- Now, choose WiFi.
- Select Custom.
- After that, choose IP Address Automatic.
- Now, adjust the DHCP Name to Do Not Specify.
- Click on DNS Settings Manual.
- Now, put the below codes.
- Primary DNS:- 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS:- 18.104.22.168
Restart Your WiFi
If you are using a WiFi Router to connect the PlayStation, then we suggest that you restart it. There might be some error with the Router due to which the problem is occurring in finding the PSN Friends List, and you are getting the PSN Friends List Not Loading. So try restarting the WiFi and then check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Reconnect The PlayStation To WiFi
You can also try reconnecting the PlayStation to your WiFi. If you have any other connections, you can also connect them to check whether the issue is still there.
Look For Firmware Updates
Those who have not updated their PlayStation to the latest Firmware will likely get the problem as the software and hardware might not be working properly due to which the PlayStation is having issues in finding the PSN Friends List. You should check the latest Firmware Updates on your PlayStation to fix the problem.
- Go to Settings.
- Select System Software Updates.
- If there are some new updates available, then it will be downloaded.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
Report To Company
Those who have tried all the above methods but are still getting the same error, then they should try contacting the support team, as they will be the ones who can help you resolve the problem.
- Fix: Forza Motorsport Won’t Launch on Startup PC, PlayStation, Xbox
- Top 8 Ways to Fix PS5 CE-108255-1 Error
- Fix MW2 Status Goldflake Error on PC, PS4/PS5 and Xbox
- Is PSN Down? Steps to Verify PSN Server Status and Connectivity 2024
- How to Activate & Access PlayStation Plus 14 Day Trial Codes
- How To Install and Activate PlayStation Vue on Roku