WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) is so much popular for those who love action, drama, and dialogues with some entertainment or enthusiasm. Visual Concepts and 2K Games team has recently published WWE 2K23 as a professional WWE video game under the WWE 2K series. But there are some issues with the game launching and freezing. Several reports spotted forums about the WWE 2K23 Freezing Issue.
Unfortunately, this freezing issue might occur most of the time on your Windows computer if the system isn’t compatible enough or there are some other issues present that we’ve briefed here. Maybe your system software or the hardware doesn’t meet the requirements of the game to run WWE 2K23 smoothly.
While in-game graphics settings can be crucial if your machine can’t handle higher graphics quality or settings for the WWE 2K23 title. In some cases, system-level or software-level issues might also occur freezing such as an outdated game version, corrupted game files, an outdated system version, system resource-consuming applications running in the background, Windows security or protection service-related preventions, and more.
Fix WWE 2K23 FPS Drop, Stuttering, and Freezing on Windows 11
After knowing some of the main reasons behind such an issue, it’s time to dive into the potential solutions below.
1. Check the System Requirements
You’ll need to check the system requirements of the WWE 2K23 game to simply address the issue with the freezing on your PC. If your system isn’t capable to run this game at optimal or the highest possible settings then you should run it at lower settings.
But if your system isn’t compatible with the game at all, then make sure to upgrade the required software or hardware elements to make it eligible. Minimum requirements are most suitable for all PC configurations unless you’re using a high-end gaming rig or laptop.
|MINIMUM CONFIGURATION:||RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION:|
2. Configure WWE 2K23 Graphics Settings
Usually, the default in-game graphics settings and display settings should work just fine for most Windows users irrespective of the desktop and laptop. But if your machine’s configuration isn’t that latest or high enough to run graphics-intensive games smoothly then you should try lowering the graphics options for optimal usage.
Reducing the in-game graphics not only smoothens the gameplay but also increases the FPS count. Although you might get slightly toned-down graphics or visual quality, this is the best possible thing you can do before checking other options. You can check the following graphics settings to set yours.
- Display Resolution – 1080p (Native)
- Refresh Rate – Native of your Monitor’s Refresh Rate
- Aspect Ratio – Automatic or Native
- Brightness Level – As per your choice
- Texture Quality – Standard
- Windowed Mode – No
- VSYNC – No
- ActionCamera FPS – 60
- Model Quality – Standard
- Shadows – Off
- Shader Quality – Medium
- Anti-Alias – FXAA
- Reflections – Off
- Dynamic Upscaling – Linear
- Depth of field – Off
- Motion Blur – Off
These are one of the most impactful visual settings in almost every video game that should be tweaked by the PC user before directly playing to get maximum results. Obviously, you’ll miss out on stunning details or fancy visual effects, but there shouldn’t be any compromise with the smoother gameplay experience at any cost.
3. Close System Resources-Consuming Tasks
System resources indicate RAM, CPU, Network, Graphics, and Storage consumption which can be occupied overwhelmingly by some notorious applications or background tasks. As most of the third-party applications or tasks automatically start running when the Windows system boots up, you won’t get notified of this.
So, whenever you start playing or launching a resource-heavy gaming application like WWE 2K23, the system will start limiting the usage of the program to run other tasks properly as well as running itself at the same time. That’s why you should close all the not-so-necessary background tasks manually except for the required applications to reduce the load on system resources. To do so:
Warning: DO NOT CLOSE SYSTEM PROCESSES without confirming or having any knowledge to avoid system crashes or other issues.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkeys to open Task Manager on your PC.
- Go to Processes and check which applications or tasks are consuming maximum memory under the Memory column.
- Once recognized the third-party apps or tasks, just right-click on a single task.
- Click on End Task to close that process from the system.
- Make sure to close processes by repeating the same above steps for each third-party task to free up some system memory.
Please Note: Next time when you boot the system again, some of the closed tasks will appear again. You’ll need to head over to the Task Manager and Startup apps to manually disable applications from running in the background automatically.
4. Force Run WWE 2K23 with a Dedicated Graphics Card
There are some users who reported that using the dedicated graphics card instead of the integrated iGPU or APU fixed the low performance, freezes, stutters, FPS drops, etc issues in most conditions. Although the onboard graphics with the processor might be useful to get the display or do the primary work, it’s not that powerful. Therefore, playing graphics-heavy games without dedicated graphics will be miserable. To do so:
- Just make sure you’ve connected the monitor’s display or HDMI cable to the graphics card’s display/HDMI port at the back side of the cabinet.
- Next, press the Windows + X hotkeys then select Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Display adapters and right-click on the dedicated graphics card. (such as NVIDIA or AMD or Intel)
- Now, select Update driver, and choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If any update is available for the display driver, it’ll be installed.
In case, your PC doesn’t have the required graphics card driver version or no updates are available then make sure to visit the official website of the GPU card manufacturer and download the latest drivers for the particular model. After grabbing the driver installer, you can install the driver by running the setup wizard.
- Once done, you can right-click on the integrated graphics unit from the Display Adapters section.
- Click on Disable device to turn off the integrated graphics of the processor.
5. Update the WWE 2K23 Game
We’ll highly recommend you manually check the game update because sometimes an outdated patch version can trigger multiple issues with the game performance on the PC.
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on WWE 2K23 from the list of installed games.
- It’ll check for available updates and if any then click on Update.
- Now, you should wait for a while to complete the update.
- Once done, you can reboot the PC to apply changes.
- It might fix the WWE 2K23 Freezing issue on the PC.
6. Verify the Game on Steam
Mostly corrupted or missing game files on the PC can also occur several issues with the WWE 2K23 game running or stuttering. You can follow the steps below to repair game files to fix corrupted game files on the Windows system.
- Launch Steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on WWE 2K23 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties then go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for a while to complete this process.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
7. Install the Latest Windows Version/Build
Another possible thing you can do is check the Windows update on the PC and install the latest Windows version/build manually as follows. It’ll eventually fix several system-related issues and program-launching issues too.
- Press the Windows + I hotkeys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Windows Update from the lower left side.
- Now, click on the Check for updates button.
- It’ll check for available updates and starts downloading the same.
- You can also manually Download and Install the available update.
- Wait for the update to complete and then restart the system.
- It should resolve the WWE 2K23 Freezing issue on your PC.
8. Allow WWE 2K23 on Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is a top security application provided by Microsoft to deal with potential ongoing connections to the PC via the connected network. If Firewall is blocking the Apex Legends game file, it won’t run properly or won’t connect to the servers. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Start Menu and search for Windows Settings.
- Go to the Update & Security tab then select Windows Security.
- Now, open the Firewall & Network Protection tab.
- Click on Allow an App Through Firewall.
- Select Apex Legends to allow both Private and Public Networks.
- If the WWE 2K23 game isn’t listed, click on the Allow another app button.
- Locate and select the WWE2K23.exe application file then click on Add.
- Make sure to save changes and you’re good to go.
9. Try Disabling Antivirus Program
Whether you’re using the official Windows Defender Antivirus out of the box or any third-party antivirus program on the PC, it’s highly recommended to temporarily disable the antivirus protection to check if the WWE 2K23 game still has performance issues or not. To do this:
- Press the Windows + I hotkeys together to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Privacy & Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Next, click on Virus & threat protection.
- Select Manage Settings.
- Turn Off the Real-time protection option there.
- If prompted by User Account Control permission, click on Yes to allow.
Please Note: If you’re using third-party antivirus software then manually launch the antivirus program and head over to the settings menu. Next, you can easily turn off the real-time protection option temporarily.
In case, the antivirus software is blocking the WWE 2K23 game files to run properly & your WWE 2K23 is Freezing, you can then whitelist the game application or the game installation folder manually in the Defender or third-party antivirus program.
This is it for now. If you’ve any other questions about the same issue, feel free to comment below.
- How To Fix Redbox Keeps Buffering or Freezing
- How to Fix FIFA 23 Stuttering, Freezing, Lagging on PS4, PS5 and Xbox
- Fix Kerbal Space Program 2 Crashing, Freezing, Black Screen on PC
- Fix Company of Heroes 3 Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, Black Screen on PC
- Fix Overwatch 2 Crashing, Freezing, Stuttering PC, Xbox, PS4, PS5
- Fix Your Profile Was Signed Out Error COD MW2 Warzone 2.0
- Fix EA Server Down (Unable to Connect) or FIFA 23 Not Working
- Fix Like a Dragon Ishin FPS Drops, Stuttering, or Freezing
- Fix Modern Warfare 2 SAE Killstreak Not Working or Freezing