Millions of players have downloaded the Kerbal Space Program 2 on their systems. Kerbal Space Program 2 is a space flight simulation video game developed by Intercept Games and published by Private Division. The game’s developers have tried every system that meets the minimum requirements and should run the game without any issues on their system.
However, many users have reported issues with the game. The players have reported facing Kerbal Space Program 2 won’t load, freezing, and black screen issues with Kerbal Space Program 2 on the PC. If you are also facing the same issue on the PC, follow the ways we will list in the guide to resolve the issue.
Fix Kerbal Space Program 2 Crashing, Freezing, Black Screen on PC
Many players are searching for a guide through which they can fix the freezing, black screen, and crashing issues with the game on their system. There are a lot of reasons available for the cause of the issue. It might occur if there are some software issues or even if there are issues with the hardware. We have listed the ways through which you will be able to fix the issue easily on your PC. So do check them below to fix the issue from happening.
Check System Requirements
It is recommended that the users check the system requirements of the game and compare it with their PC to ensure whether their PC will be able to handle such a heavy game.
If your system does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game, then we will not be able to fix the crashing, freezing, and other issues with the game on your PC. So check the system requirements to run the game, and if your system can run such a heavy game on your system, then try the ways which are listed below to fix the issue.
Minimum System Requirements
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Graphics: nVidia RTX 2060 (6GB VRAM), Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti (8GB), AMD Radeon 5600XT
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: AMD Athlon X4 845 or Intel Core i5 6400
- Storage: 45 GB available space
Recommended System Requirements
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
- OS: Windows 11 64-bit
- Processor: Intel i5-11500 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Storage: 60 GB available space
Update The Outdated Drivers
One of the major reasons you might be facing freezing, crashing, and black screen issues on your system is the outdated drivers. The graphics and network drivers are required to run the game without any issues on the system. If any of them is outdated, then you will start facing issues with the game.
The graphics driver helps make the game compatible with its graphics settings on the PC. Similarly, the network driver helps build the game’s connection with the server. If you are using the outdated driver of any of them, you will face the issue on your system.
We suggest the players check for driver updates on their system to avoid issues with the game. You can check for the updates with the help of the steps which are listed below.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Select and Expand the Display Adapters.
- Right-click on any of the drivers.
- Select Update Driver.
- Follow the instruction which is being displayed on the screen.
- Wait for the process to get completed. That’s it.
Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus
Windows Firewall and Antivirus on your system might also cause the issue. The Windows Firewall and Antivirus protect the computer from the threats received from the internet. If any of the apps receive suspicious responses, it will block that app.
There are chances that the same might be happening with the game, due to which it is not running properly. We suggest you disable the Windows Firewall and Antivirus on your system. If the game starts running after doing this, then unblock the game from both apps. You can check this guide to disable Windows Firewall / Antivirus on your system.
Reset The Game
There are many players who have made changes to the game’s settings, and due to the wrong game setting, they are facing freezing, crashing, and black screen issues with the game. However, you can easily fix this issue by resetting the game. There is a Reset Feature that is available in Windows. You can use this feature to reset the game. Follow the steps which are listed below to do this.
- Open Settings (Press Windows + I Keys).
- Select Apps, and click on Installed Apps.
- Now, search for the game.
- After it, click on the three dots.
- A menu will appear. Select “Modify Option.“
- Now, scroll down, and select the Reset option. That’s it.
Close Unnecessary Processes
More than thousands of processes keep on running in the background. Those processes consume some resources, so the game might not be getting the proper resources to run the game, and you are facing issues with the game. We suggest you check the task manager and evaluate the resources the processes have used.
If there are not enough resources available for the game to run. Then it would be best if you ended them from the task manager. To end the task, right-click on the process and select “End Task.” Do this for all the unnecessarily running tasks.
Update The Game
Those who have not updated the game for a long time might also face issues with the game. The developers have released a new patch version of the game to fix minor bugs. There are chances that the issue might be occurring due to minor bugs. As you have not updated the game for a long time, then it’s likely that you will face the issue on your system. Open the game launcher on your system, and go to the Library to check for the game updates. If there is any update available for the game, download it.
Reinstall The Game
After trying the above ways to fix the issue, if the issue is not resolved, there are chances that it might be occurring due to some file that might not be installed properly or missing in the game’s directory. We suggest you uninstall the game and delete all its temporary files. Once you have done this, restart your system, and install the game again. After doing this, check whether the game works properly or not.
Check For Windows Update
Thousands of users do not check for Windows updates on their systems. They also pause the automatic updates for their system, due to which the windows are not updated, and they start facing different issues with the apps and games. Thus, we suggest you check for Windows updates on your system to avoid the different issues.
Report The Issue
Those who are still facing the issue with the game on their PC should report it to the developers. There are chances that there might be some bugs due to which you are facing the issue, and even the developers do not know about it. Thus, report this issue to the developer, and they will surely come up with a solution to resolve the issue.
Some Other Ways To Fix The Issue
Restart The Device: The crashing and black screen issue might occur due to minor bugs in the system. You can easily fix those minor bugs with the help of Restarting the device.
Check The Internet Connection: The black screen might occur while playing the game if you are not connected with a stable internet connection. To ensure that whether you are connected with a high-speed internet connection or not, you can use the Internet Speed Tester. Test the speed, and check whether the internet is working properly or not.
- Check Server Outages: If there are any server problems with the game, you will likely face a black screen and crashing issues. Server outages might occur in the game due to a lot of reasons. You can quickly check the game’s server status by visiting their website or social media pages. So if there are any issues with the game’s server, you have to wait until it is fixed.
- Upgrade Your RAM: To run the game smoothly without any issues, upgrade your RAM with 8GB or more. The RAM also plays a major role in the running of the game. And if the apps are using too much RAM on the system, then the game will not be able to get enough RAM resources. Thus, we suggest that you should upgrade your RAM with more to avoid the issue.
Kerbal Space Program 2 is a space simulation game that millions of users have downloaded. The users have started to play the game, but some users are reporting different issues with the game. In this guide, we have listed why the players face different issues with the game. Along with it, we have also listed how you will be able to fix them. We hope this guide will help you resolve the issue on your system. Ensure you follow the right steps to resolve the issue on your system.
- How to Fix IXION Keep Crashing on Startup on PC
- Fix Sons Of The Forest Crashing, Won’t Launch or Black Screen
- Fix Company of Heroes 3 Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, Black Screen on PC
- How to Fix Like a Dragon Ishin Crashing on Launch Startup
- Fix Atomic Heart Crashing, Lagging, Stuttering & Stuck on Loading
- How to Fix Wild Hearts Crashing on Launch or Startup
- Fix Overwatch 2 Crashing, Freezing, Stuttering PC, Xbox, PS4, PS5