Redbox has multiple features to make your entertainment simple, affordable, and convenient. You can choose from tons of movies to buy and own that forever.
Although it provides a smooth watching experience to users, sometimes Redbox keeps buffering or freezing, and that’s surely annoying for all users.
This is a common issue many users encounter, and if you also face the same problem, this guide is for you to learn how to fix Redbox freezing issue easily.
Fix Redbox Keeps Buffering or Freezing
Sometimes the app goes under maintenance, or the server goes down. For obvious reasons, users face trouble streaming videos. In this case, waiting for some time will be the best option.
However, if you’re facing this issue continuously, you need to follow the methods I have shared below to solve that quickly.
Check Your Internet
The main reason behind the buffering is the internet speed. You need stable and good internet to stream any video without any issues.
So, the first thing you need to do is check whether your internet is sufficient.
You can do that by opening a web browser and searching for “check internet speed.” Run the speed test and check if it’s good enough.
If not, restart your router or contact your internet service provider for a better speed to stream videos seamlessly in Redbox.
Update Your Device
If you’re running on old firmware, you may face many problems, including video buffering and slow internet speed. So, it’ll be better for you to check for the latest version and upgrade it to that one.
If you don’t know how to do that on your iPhone or Android, here are the steps:
- First, open Settings on your device.
- Then, click on General.
- After that, tap on Software Update.
- Then, allow it automatic updates and download pending updates.
- After the installation is finished, don’t forget to restart your device.
- First, you need to head toward the Settings on your Android device.
- Then, scroll down till you find System.
- After that, find and click on System Update.
- Check if there’s any new update available; if anything new is there, download and install it on your device.
- After the above steps, restart your device to apply the changes.
Update Redbox App/Browser
It’s also possible that the current Redbox version that you’re using has some bugs and shows some issues, including the continuous buffering problem. So, you should update the Redbox app to the latest version to eliminate all the problems and experience some new features.
If you don’t know how to do that, follow the steps below:
- First, open the App Store on your device.
- You’ll see a profile icon on your screen; click that.
- Scroll down to see all the pending updates and locate Redbox there.
- Click the Update button and wait till it gets completed.
- First, you need to open the Play Store on your Android device.
- Then, click on your profile photo in the top right corner.
- After that, head toward the Manage apps and devices section.
- Locate the Redbox app there and click the Update button next to it.
- Wait till the update is completed and restart your device to help it work with the new version smoothly.
If you use Redbox in a web browser instead of the application, you should also update that to the latest version.
The process of updating a web browser is almost the same for all browsers, and I shared the steps below, assuming you use the Chrome browser.
- First, open Chrome and click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Then, move your cursor to Help.
- After that, click on About Google Chrome.
- It’ll automatically check for new updates, and if there’s any new version available, download that.
- After finishing the above step close the Chrome browser and restart your computer to help it run smoothly with the changes.
Clear Redbox App’s Cache
The buffering issue in the Redbox app may be cached on your device. So, clearing the cache won’t be a bad option for you.
The steps are different depending on your device; I shared steps for all you can follow depending on your needs.
- First, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and find the Redbox app.
- Then, toggle on the “Clear cache on next start” option.
- First, you need to go to Settings.
- Then, select the Apps & Notifications option.
- Locate the Redbox app there and click on it.
- Then, tap on Storage.
- After that, click on Clear Cache.
So, these were some ways to fix Redbox keeps buffering or freezing problem. Hopefully, you have eliminated the problem successfully. If you still face the same problem, it’ll be better to contact the Redbox support team.
- How To Fix JioCinema Buffering Issues While Streaming
- FuboTV Buffering? 7 Ways to Fix Live Streaming Issues
- How To Stop Buffering When Streaming Videos (7-Methods)
- 5 Best MMA Streaming Sites To Watch UFC Fights Online
- Fix FIFA 23 Stuttering, Freezing, Lagging on PS4, PS5 and Xbox
- Fix Rocket League Stuck or Freezing on Loading Screen
- Fix Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Crashing, Not Loading on Startup on PC