Microsoft is providing seamless updates to make Windows better. They have added many features to make the apps run smoother on it. The users have been trying to do different things with their systems. As per the requirements, Microsoft is also adding features to its apps. In the newer Windows updates, the developers have added the Video editing feature in the Photos App. However, users get the Windows Video Editor Error Code 0x80070497 when exporting the video on their system. We have added ways to resolve the problem you are looking for.
Fix Windows Video Editor Error Code 0x80070497 | Couldn’t Export Video
Here are the ways through which you will be able to resolve the problem. The Windows Video Editor Error Code is not a big issue you must worry about. You can fix it very quickly by following the steps listed below.
Force Restart The App
The first thing that we suggest you do is to Force Restart The App. This has helped many users fix the issue, as the error occurred on their system due to minor bugs. The minor bugs cause problems in the running of the app. If the startup files of the game have not been appropriately started, you will be facing the issue. We have listed the steps by Force Restart of The App to resolve the issue.
- Open the Task Manager.
- After it, go to the Process Tab.
- Select the Photos app.
- Right-click on the app and select End Task.
- After it, again start the app and check whether the issue still occurs while exporting.
Restart Your System
If the first method does not work for you, we suggest you try restarting your system. There are chances that the issue might be occurring due to the system startup files issues, and the app cannot export the video. In this case, you can try restarting the system that you are using. You have to head to the Start Menu and, after it, tap the Power options for the Restart option. That’s it.
Download The Necessary Packages
The issue might also occur with you if you have not downloaded all the required packages for the Photos App. The necessary package is K-Lite Codecs. With the help of this package, you will be extending the media format, which can be used for playing the videos on the app.
To install the package, you must type the K-Lite Codecs on the internet and download it from the official website. Once you have downloaded the package, then install it. When you are installing the app, then make sure to choose the preferred media player as Windows Media Player. Once you have done this, then restart the system and again try exporting the video on your system.
Reset The App
There are chances that the issue of not exporting the video is occurring due to the wrong or misconfiguration of the app. It might happen if you have mistakenly set the wrong settings on the video editor. Also, there is a chance that the files of the app are affected by the virus, which is not working correctly. We suggest that you try resetting the app, in this case, to fix if the issue is occurring due to the misconfiguration of the files. You have to follow some simple steps listed below to do this.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to App and Head to Installed Apps.
- Search for the app and select the three dots.
- After it, select Modify option.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- After it, tap the Reset option.
- Wait for the process to get completed. That’s it.
Close Background Processes
The app cannot export the video due to insufficient resources on the system. If you don’t know, the app requires many resources to complete the procedure correctly when exporting any video. You will likely face the issue if the system does not have sufficient resources for the app. We suggest you close background processes and export the video on your system. Thousands of background processes keep on running in the background. You can close them to resolve the problem on the system. We have listed the steps below to do this.
- Open Task Manager on your system.
- Select the Process Tab.
- Now, evaluate the apps which are running for no reason.
- Select and Right-click on the app.
- After it, select the End Task option.
- Do this for all the apps which are running unnecessarily. That’s it.
Update The Graphics Drivers
We suggest you update the graphics drivers on your system to avoid such issues. Many users have reported that the issue occurred due to the outdated driver. Once they updated, the issue was resolved. To update the driver, follow the steps in this guide.
Check For Windows Update
The system must run on the latest version to ensure all the apps are compatible. The developers are adding new features to the apps. However, the apps can only run properly if the Windows that you are using is updated. If you are still using outdated windows on your system, the issue of not exporting will likely occur.
We suggest you check for Windows Updates on your system and ensure no pending updates are available. If there is any update available, you should download them. To check for Windows Updates, you have to follow the steps which are given below.
- Open Settings on your system.
- After it, go to the Windows Update.
- Select Check For Updates.
- If there is any update available, then it will be shown on the screen.
- Download the update and wait for its installation. After the completion of the installation, try starting the app again.
Thousands of users who were trying to export the video were getting errors. In this guide, we have added ways to resolve the problem of Windows Video Editor Error Code 0x80070497. We hope this guide has helped you in resolving the problem. If you have any doubts, do let us know in the comment section below.
- Top 12 Best Video Downloaders for Windows 11
- Best Free Video Editing Software For Windows 11
- How to Fix NBA 2K23 Error Code 56d85bb8
- How to Speed Up a Video on iPhone and iPad
- How to See YouTube Dislike Count on Any Video
- Fix Warzone Error Code 2004 Mobile Matchmaking Lobby
- How to Fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998) in 8 Easy Ways