Insignia is a TV brand based in the US. They have a wide range of TVs ranging from TV with HD resolution up to 4K resolution. As the name suggests, Insignia Fire TV comes with integrated Amazon Fire TV. You get features like Alexa Voice command, online content streaming, access to the internet, and others.
If you are facing issues with the Insignia Fire TV remote and it is not working correctly, then there can be several reasons behind this issue. You may encounter issues with Insignia Fire TV Remote if the batteries are weak, the remote got unpaired, bugs, and various other reasons.
Fix Insignia TV Remote Not Working
So what to do if Insignia Fire TV Remote is not working? This article will guide you through all the troubleshooting steps to fix Insignia Fire TV Remote not working issue.
Replace The Batteries
The very first thing that you can try doing is replacing the batteries on your remote. You may face this issue when the batteries have completely drained out. Remove the old batteries from your remote and replace them with new ones. Check if the issue persists or not; if the issue is still faced, then move to the next step.
Power Cycle Your TV
You may also encounter this issue due to bugs on your TV. If the issue is caused due to bugs, then power cycling your TV will fix it. To power cycle your TV, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, turn off the Insignia Fire TV.
- Remove the power cord from the power source. Let it be for a minute or two.
- Reinsert the power cord into the outlet and turn on your TV.
- That’s it, the issue should be fixed.
Pair Your Remote To Your TV
If the Remote was unpaired from your TV, you would have to pair it again. There are various ways to pair your remote to the TV, and they are discussed below-
Using Home Button
The very first way to pair your remote to your TV is by using the home button. This method only works for users having a remote with no pairing button.
- Point the remote towards the TV.
- Now, press and hold the Home button for 15-30 seconds.
- You will get a confirmation when the remote has been paired.
Using Three Buttons
If you cannot pair your remote using the home, then you can go for this method. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Point the remote directly to your TV.
- Now, press and hold Back Button, Left Button, and then Menu Button for 30 seconds, and this will pair the remote to your TV.
Using The Pair Button
If your remote has the pair button, you can pair it to your TV using that. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the battery compartment of your remote.
- You will see the pair button below the batteries.
- Press and hold this button to pair the remote to your TV.
Factory Reset Insignia TV
Many times you may face this issue due to faulty settings. In that case, you will have to reset your TV to fix the issue with your remote. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings of your TV.
- Here, select the System option.
- Now, select Reset to factory defaults, and the settings will be reset to factory defaults.
Buy A New Remote
The fault may be within the remote if you still face the issue even after trying all the above fixes. If the remote is defective, it will not work with the TV. You will have to get a new one if there are some issues with the remote before you buy a new remote, check the receiver for blockage. If the signal receiver has been blocked by dust, that may also cause the issue. If nothing is blocking the receiver and you cannot use the remote, buy a new one.
If Insignia TV Remote is not working with the TV, you can follow the steps in this article. We have listed various troubleshooting steps to help fix issues with the Insignia TV remote. You can follow the steps given above to fix the issues you face with your Insignia TV remote.
Why Is My Insignia TV Remote Not Working?
Your TV remote may not work if the batteries are completely drained of charge. You may also face this issue if your remote is not paired to your TV.
What Do I Do If My Insignia Remote Won’t Work?
We have discussed various troubleshooting steps to fix issues with the Insignia TV remote. If your Insignia TV remote is not working, then you can follow the steps in this article to fix it.