GTA V is undoubtedly one of the most popular games widely available on various platforms like Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, 4, and PC. Rockstar Games launched GTA V in 2013, but users are still equally interested in playing it as before.
Rockstar Game Launcher helps you quickly and easily access the company’s all games in one place. But many users face the “the rockstar game services are unavailable right now” error while using it.
If you also face the same issue, it’ll surely ruin your game-playing experience. Don’t worry; I’ll share some of the fixes you can try to resolve the problem easily in this post.
- 1 Fix GTA 5 Rockstar Game Services Are Unavailable Right Now Online Error
It won’t be hard enough for you to fix the error, as I have shared some of the most useful methods below. You can try each one out and check which fix does the job for you.
But before you move on to the procedure, I suggest you check the server status of Rockstar Games. If the services are down from their side, you can do nothing but wait.
Fix #1: Restart GTA 5 On Your Device
Before moving on to the complicated steps, try this simple fix: restart GTA 5 on whatever device you’re playing.
It might be possible that when you were playing the game, some in-game processes didn’t complete, making the game laggy and causing the issue.
So, close the game from your device and wait a few moments before opening it again. There’s a high chance it’ll eliminate the game’s glitches and fix the “the rockstar game services are unavailable right now” issue.
Fix #2: Restart The PC or Console
If the above method doesn’t work for you, you can restart the device on which you’re playing the game.
A simple restart will stop the game from processing in the background and also clear the system memory. So, not necessarily, but your GTA V error can also be solved.
If it isn’t helpful, you can check out other fixes below.
Fix #3: Disable Antivirus/Firewall
Antivirus software helps users keep their systems safe from dangerous applications and insecure internet traffic. But, sometimes, it may also mark a safe application as unsafe and remove permission from it.
Similarly, Antivirus or Firewall can block the Internet connection to the game if you didn’t mark it as whitelisted. So, you may face the “the Rockstar game services are unavailable right now” error while accessing the game.
It’ll be better for you to disable the Antivirus or firewall, restart your device, and try launching the game again. If you don’t face the error anymore, the Antivirus is the culprit; if the issue is still there, follow other methods.
Fix #4: Configure DNS Settings
Domain Name System known as DNS helps reach users to reach servers when browsing any internet website. So, it also plays an important role for the Rockstar games to fetch the data from their servers.
So, if there’s any issue with the DNS, you’ll surely face problems, so it’s better to configure the DNS and change it to Google’s.
Follow these steps to do that without any errors:
- First, open Control Panel on your computer by simply searching for the same in your Window’s search bar and clicking on the result.
- Then, select Network and Internet.
- Now, click on Network and Sharing Center.
- On the panel, click Change Adapter Settings.
- Then, Right-click on the network type you’re connected to.
- Now, click on Properties.
- Find “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)” from the window and click twice.
- You’ll see your current DNS; it’ll be better to note it down somewhere.
- Enter the Preferred DNS Server as 126.96.36.199 and the Alternate DNS Server as 188.8.131.52.
- Then click OK for your confirmation and again click on OK to apply the changes.
- Finally, restart your computer to help it work properly with the new DNS, and try opening GTA V.
These are the steps to configure DNS settings on your PC, but you can also do the same on your console by going to the Network settings and then to Setup Internet Connection.
Fix #5: Disable Proxy Server
If you’re in an organization or working in an office, they might use proxy servers to connect to the Internet. So, it might be possible that your proxy server doesn’t allow you to browse certain applications or games.
It’ll be better to check for the proxy connection setting and turn it off to provide the game with an open connection.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select Run, or you can directly press the Windows Key + R.
- Enter “inetcpl.cpl” in the box and click OK to open the Internet Properties menu.
- Navigate to the Connections tab.
- Then click on LAN Settings.
- Now, you should check the “Automatically Detect Settings” box and uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN.”
- Finally, click on OK.
Fix #6: Reset Network Settings
If you still face the issue, you can reset your windows network settings, which might work for you.
You may find the process complicated as you have to use the Command Prompt in this method. So, these are the steps to do that without any issues:
- Type Command Prompt in your Windows search bar and click on the result.
- Then in the Command Prompt, enter the following commands one by one.
- Finally, Restart your computer to save the changes and work properly with these new settings.
Fix #7: Reinstall The Game
It’s also possible that some of the game’s files are corrupted, or some files aren’t available. It may cause the “the rockstar game services are unavailable right now” problem.
So, you should try deleting the files and reinstalling the game client along with the game.
If you haven’t done this before, you should follow the steps below:
- First, open the Settings on your Windows by pressing the Windows key and I together.
- On the left panel, select Apps & Features.
- Then search for “Rockstar Games” and “Rockstar Games social hub.”
- After finding them, click on the name to expand the menu and uninstall them.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, open the Game Launcher, and you also have to download the game again as you have deleted the files.
These are some fixes you can try to eliminate the GTA 5 Online error “the rockstar game services are unavailable right now” issue. I assume you have successfully sorted the problem. If you still have any problems, let me know in the comments.
- How to Fix CSGO Not Using Dedicated GPU or CPU
- How to Fix “Apple Pay Services are Currently Unavailable”
- 5 Ways to Fix iPad Unavailable on Lock Screen/Security Lockout
- 12 Ways to Fix Sea of Thieves Services is Temporarily Unavailable
- How to Fix A Ubisoft Service Is Currently Unavailable
- How to Fix Unauthorized or Unfamiliar Charge with Apple com/Bill