Ford is a popular company manufacturing great cars for users. The company has added a lot of new features to their car so that users can go on rides without any problem. Thousands of car owners prefer the Ford car only because of the features that it comes with. There are a lot of cars that have great features and comfort. Ford has also upgraded their cars and added the Ford Touch Screen Infotainment system that can help you show routes, pick calls, play music, and a lot more.
However, the users who have bought the Ford Car have reported that the Ford Touch Screen is Not Responding to Touch. We know that it is a serious issue for Ford Car owners. So we are here with the guide where we will list the methods to resolve the Ford Touch Screen not responding to the touch issue. With the help of this guide, you will also get to know about the reasons why you are facing the issue. So, let’s get started with this guide to learn about the solutions to fix the Ford Touch Screen Not Responding to Touch issue.
Why Does My Ford Display Not Responding to Touch?
The users having Ford cars reported that the Ford Touch Screen is not responding to touch. It is causing them issues as they cannot give instructions to the Infotainment through the Ford Touch Screen. This is not a big issue if it is not occurring due to the hardware issues. The users who have fixed the issue with their car reported the cause of the reasons why they were facing the problem. We will list them below, so you will be able to analyze the cause of the issue. Once you have analyzed the cause of the issue, you will be able to resolve the problem without any hassle.
- There is some physical damage to the touch screen.
- The cables are not connected tightly.
- You have not updated the infotainment to the latest version.
- The touch screen has become frozen.
- There are some hardware issues with the infotainment.
Fix Ford Touch Screen Not Working, Lagging 2023
The Ford Car owners are looking for ways to resolve the Ford Touch Screen not responding to touch. We have also listed the cause of the issue through which you can analyze the problem. Now, we will list the methods to resolve the problem on your Ford Car with the Ford Touch Screen. Let’s check them out.
Start Your Car Again
The users should try starting the car again, as there are chances that the Ford Touch Screen might not be working due to some software issues. We know that you might have tried this step. This is the simplest way to resolve the software bugs. However, when implementing this method, you have to ensure that you have followed the below-listed steps properly.
- First of all, turn off your vehicle.
- Now, get out of the car.
- Close the door, and lock it with your keys.
- After it, wait till the whole vehicle is shut down completely.
- Once the vehicle turns off, you must check whether the infotainment is turned off. If it is not turned off, wait for a few minutes. However, if the infotainment is turned off, follow the next step.
- Now, start your car again.
- Try using the infotainment. Check whether the issue has been resolved.
Perform Soft Reset
You can try performing a soft reset of your vehicle to fix the Ford Touch Screen not responding issue. Sometimes the infotainment might also not work properly if there is some misconfiguration of the files or some bugs. In this case, you can perform a soft reset to resolve the issue. We have listed the steps you must follow to perform a soft reset.
- First, you must press the “Seek Up” and “Radio” buttons.
- You have to press and hold the button for five seconds.
- After it, you will see that the infotainment will completely turn off.
- Now, wait for some time, then start the infotainment again.
- Check whether the Ford Touch Screen is responding to touch.
Try Hard Reset
If the soft reset does not help in resolving the problem, then you should try the hard reset option. By hard resetting the infotainment, the touch screen will start working. You have to follow the steps which are listed below to do this.
- First of all, turn off your engine.
- Remove the fuse panel from your Ford Car.
- After that, you have to unplug the power of the fuse box for 30 seconds.
- Please wait for 30 seconds, and after it, again plug in the fuse panel.
- Now, you can start the engine and check whether the infotainment is working or not.
Perform Master Reset
The users who have tried hard resetting and still getting the same issue should try performing a master reset. There are chances that the issue might be occurring due to software issues, which have not been fixed by the hard reset. You can try the Master Reset in this case to resolve the issue. To perform Master Reset, you have to follow the steps which are listed below.
- You have to start the engine and leave it in the parking mode.
- Now, turn on your Ford Sync Module.
- After it, press the Phone Button.
- You can use the arrow button on your Infotainment to choose the option on your screen.
- After it, scroll down and select the option of Master Reset.
- Now, it will ask you to Confirm.
- Press the OK Button.
- You have to wait till the process is completed.
- After it, check if the issue is resolved.
Check For Hardware Damages
If the Ford Touch Screen is still not working, there are chances that the infotainment is physically damaged or some hardware faults are there. It is hard for the owners to check for internal hardware faults, but you can easily check the physical damages. Check for physical damages on the Ford Touch Screen. If there are any physical damages, you have to visit the service center to get it fixed.
Check Wire Connections
To perform this method, you have to contact a professional car electrician. The Ford Touch Screen will not work if there is any loose wire or the connectors are not connected properly. The owners can’t check this, as they will need to have knowledge about the car parts. So it will be better to call the car electrician. They will check the wire connections of the Ford Touch Screen. If any wire is not connected properly, then they will fix it.
Check For Updates
Car owners need to ensure they are using the latest updates on their Ford Touch Screen Infotainment. If you have not updated the car infotainment for a long time, it is likely causing issues. So we suggest you check for updates to the Infotainment to avoid such issues. If any updates are available, download it, and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Visit Service Center
The users who have tried all the above methods and are still facing the same issue should visit the service center to get it fixed. There are chances that the Ford Touch Screen is not responding due to internal hardware faults or something else that you cannot fix with the above methods. The professionals at the service center will be able to analyze the cause of the issue and can resolve it without any hassle. So visit the nearest service center and get your infotainment repaired there.
Ford is always working on making their cars more comfortable and issue-free for the users who buy them. We all know that many features are being added to cars, so it’s likely that various issues will start occurring, as it is not possible to optimize the software and hardware in one go. The users who have bought the Ford Cars have reported that the Ford Touch Screen is not responding to touch.
This issue started occurring in the different cars. The users are looking for different ways to resolve the problem, so we have listed all the methods you can try to resolve the issue in this guide. We hope that the issue will be resolved after trying the above methods. That’s it for today. If you have any doubts, do let us know in the comment section below. See you in the next one.
- How to Fix Dasher Direct Card Not Working Problem
- How to Fix BMW Wireless Charging Not Working
- How to Fix Audi Bluetooth Not Working
- How to Fix Toyota Bluetooth Not Working
- How to Fix Subaru Touch Screen Not Working
- How to Fix Tesla Bluetooth Not Working 2023
- How To Fix iPhone Touch Screen Not Working Properly
- How To Fix Touchscreen Not Working in Windows 11