If you are an AirPods owner, then somehow you might face an issue with the battery. Also, it becomes tough for someone who doesn’t have any alternatives. So, if you always forget to check the battery percent, then you must have to read this article.
This guide will explain how you can easily check the Airpods battery without a case. Well, if you are excited to know this, then let’s start with the guide and see the other details.
What Is The Actual Battery Backup of New Airpods?
When listening to music and talking over the phone, first- and second-generation AirPods usually last 5 hours on a single charge. An AirPods Pro charge gives you 3.5 hours of talking time and 4.5 hours of listening time. With AirPods, you can listen and talk for up to three hours after charging for 15 minutes.
Within 5 minutes of charging the AirPods Pro, you’ll have an additional hour of talking or listening time. When you charge your AirPods or AirPods Pro throughout the day, you’ll be able to use them for 24 hours of listening and 18 hours of talking.
What Are The Different Methods to Check AirPods Battery Without Case?
When it comes to AirPods battery life, it is important to know how long they will last, whether you are about to go for a run or are working. Your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer can quickly tell you how much power your AirPods have left.
You will now see your AirPods’ battery level on your iPhone’s home screen widget. If you don’t have the charging case, you can check the level of the battery in your AirPods without the charging case by following these steps. So, let’s check out the steps:
1. Via Battery Widgets
Using your iPhone or iPad’s home screen, tap and hold any blank space until the apps start jiggling to check the AirPods battery level. To do so, tap the plus sign in the top-left corner. Finally, tap Add Widget and select Batteries.
- Initially, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your device.
- Next, tap and hold any empty space on your iPhone or iPad’s home screen.
- In the top-left corner of your screen, tap the plus sign.
- Select Batteries from the list.
- Tap Add Widget.
- After that, rearrange the widgets on your home page. Stacking widgets on your home screen is possible if they’re the same size. Drag them and stack them together. The widget can also be placed elsewhere on your home screen.
- After that, tap Done. You’ll find this small button on your screen in the top-right corner.
- With the AirPods case off, you can check the battery level of your AirPods. When you connect your AirPods to your other device, the Batteries widget will also display the battery level for those.
2. Check Using Macbook
If you have a Macbook with you, let me tell you that you can now use your Mac to check the battery percentage of your Airpods without a case. So, let’s check out the needy steps to do so:
- Close the case with your AirPods inside.
- On your screen, click the Bluetooth logo in the upper right corner.
- From the list, select your AirPods. You can hold down your case’s setup button until the light begins blinking on the front or inside of your case if you can’t see your AirPods in the list. Additionally, remove any other devices from which you use your AirPods.
- Once your AirPods case is open, remove the lid.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to check the battery level of your AirPods by clicking on their name.
3. Check Via iPhone or iPad
To check your AirPods battery level, make sure your iPhone or iPad is enabled for Bluetooth before checking your AirPods battery level. When the AirPods have been placed in the case, close it, and move it near your device. When you open your case, you will see the battery level of your AirPods.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, close the lid of the case and insert your AirPods.
- After that, place the case near your iPhone or iPad. Your AirPods case should be placed as close as possible to your device in order to get the best results. Also, make sure your iPhone or iPad is awake and turned on.
- Once the case is open, please wait a minute or two before closing it.
- Last but not least, you can check the battery level on your AirPods by looking at your screen. Your AirPods and charging case’s battery level will be displayed here. When you remove an AirPod from the case, wait a few seconds to check the battery level of each one.
You may need to close the case and open it again after a few seconds to see your AirPod’s battery level. If you don’t see your battery level displayed in certain apps, you might want to try again from the home screen.
Some Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What to do if you want to test your AirPod battery without connecting to any device?
You can begin to understand your AirPods’ battery condition by checking the status light on their case, even though the above methods can give you a precise measurement.
This is located between the AirPods inside the case or at the front, depending on the model. To understand the status light on your AirPods, follow these steps:
- When the case and/or AirPods themselves are fully charged (or nearly fully charged), they are solid green. If you’re just listening for a few minutes, you won’t need to worry about how much charge they have.
- When the battery is solid amber/orange, it indicates that the charging process has been successful.
- When you see no light, that means your AirPods don’t have any battery power.
How can I improve the battery life of my AirPods?
You can try many things to improve your AirPods battery life, such as do not use it for longer, keeping it at normal temperature, do not overcharge it, etc.
What If I Charge my AirPods Too Frequently?
It depends on the situation. Lithium-ion battery cells have a sweet spot where the charge falls between 20-40%. If your battery level reaches that range, you should try to recharge them. In the event that it falls too low, you might damage the cells.
Furthermore, lithium-ion batteries can be damaged by charging continuously over 80%, and your AirPods’ charging case will be at most this threshold just before they start playing music.
There is a way to prolong the battery life of your AirPods if you are not sure when you will use them again. Make sure the buds are fully charged before removing them from the case. Store the buds safely in a cool, dry place once they are charged to 50%.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how to check the Airpods battery without a case. We hope that this guide has helped you. But, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.
- How to Fix AirPods Not Working and Connecting to iPhone/iPad
- Find Your Lost AirPods or AirPod Case | I Lost My AirPods!
- How To Fix AirPods Case Not Charging Issue
- How To Connect and Pair Airpods To Windows 11 PC Laptop
- How To Make Your AirPods Louder
- 5 Ways to Fix iPad Unavailable on Lock Screen/Security Lockout