Apple has an ecosystem that is limited to assisting Apple users. Part of this ecosystem is the Airpods, which are wireless earbuds from Apple. These are a premium pair of headphones that works fine with Apple devices. However, you will have to use Apple devices for it to work properly and maintain optimum connectivity. But what if your Airpods sounds not so loud? There can be various issues if your AirPods are not sounding much louder. Well, there are ways to make your AirPods louder.
How To Make Your AirPods Louder
If you want to make it louder than it is before, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can make your AirPods louder.
Increase The Volume The Default Way
If your AirPods aren’t much louder then maybe their volume is down. You can simply control the volume of your AirPods by using the volume control buttons. You can do this if your iPhone is near you. However, if you don’t have your iPhone or Mac with you, then you can simply ask Siri to do the work for you.
Siri is a smart assistant that is paired with Apple devices to enhance their functionality. It is quite efficient in performing basic tasks like controlling the volume, finding information on the internet, and such. You will have to wake up Siri and then ask it to increase the volume. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Double-tap either of the AirPods to wake up Siri, and then tell it increase volume. This way Siri will increase the volume of your AirPods. Do note that this will only work for the first generation of the AirPods.
- If you are using the second-generation AirPods, then simply say Hey Siri and this will wake up Siri. Now simply say increase volume and the volume will be increased.
Asking Siri to increase the volume will only increase the volume by 12%. However, if you want to do more than that, then you can use a command like ‘Hey Siri, increase volume by 20%,’ or ‘Hey Siri, increase the volume by 100%.’ Similarly, you can ask Siri to decrease the volume as well.
This is the only way of how you can increase the volume of the AirPods and make them louder. However, if the volume isn’t loud now, then maybe the AirPods need recalibration.
Recalibrating The AirPods
If the volume isn’t increased by the above step, then you can try recalibrating the AirPods with your iPhone. To recalibrate your AirPods, follow the steps given below-
- Wear the AirPods in your ear and then play some Audio.
- Now turn down the volume of your iPhone with the help of the Volume Down button.
- Now swipe down from the top right of your iPhone. This will open the Control Center on your phone.
- Here tap the Bluetooth icon to disable Bluetooth.
- Play the audio again after turning off Bluetooth. Now decrease the volume to the lowest.
- After doing so, head back to the Control Center by swiping from the top right of your iPhone and then tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it on.
- Tap on AirPods to reconnect them.
- Now play the audio and increase the volume as per your preference.
Check The Volume Settings Of The Music App
If the volume Settings of the music app on the iPhone or misconfigured then also you may find the AirPods to be not much louder. You can check the volume settings of the music app, and check what the problem is. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Here tap on Music.
- Now ensure that the EQ is turned off. If it is not, then turn it off.
- Ensure the Volum Limit is off. If not, then slide the volume to the right to turn it off.
Ensure Both The AirPods Have Equal Volume
If one AirPod is louder or another one is not much louder, then this may also be the reason behind the issue. Ensure both are at equal volume. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Here, head to the General section and then tap on Accessibility.
- Now, under the hearing section, ensure the slider is right between the left and right.
Clean The AirPods
If your AirPods are dirty, then also you may find it to be not much louder. You can try cleaning the AirPods to make them much louder. Prefer using a dry cotton swab or a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean the AirPods of any wax or dirt on the mesh. Do not use a wet cloth or anything sharp like a toothpick to clean them.
- How To Fix Apple Carplay Not Working and Connecting
- How To Fix AirPods Mic Not Working Problem
- How To Connect Airpods To Windows 11 PC Laptop
This will help make your AirPods louder. Follow the steps given in this article to make your AirPods louder like they previously were.