Titanfall 2 is an incredible game! Besides the fantastic graphics, this game has several interesting characters to choose from and excellent voice acting. There has never been a battle royale game like this before. It’s possible that the backstory of each character might be more attractive to you if the game doesn’t appeal to you.
The game is impressive; there’s no doubt about that. You can play it regardless of your play style, and it has a movement that is straight out of your dreams. The reason users are not satisfied with the game is the small dedication they put into this game. In addition, there are constant server hacking attempts, which makes multi-player unplayable.
Recently, error 429 occurred in the Titanfall 2 in Xbox Series X. This appeared due to a Titanfall 2 server issue. Nevertheless, there are some methods using which you can know about the Titanfall 2 server status. So, let’s get started with the guide.
Why Does the TitanFall Error 429 Occur in Xbox Series X?
Several issues may cause the Titanfall 2 error 429 in Xbox Series X Xbox, but the most genuine reason we find has the potential to cause this kind of error while playing the Titanfall 2 is the servers.
Yes, possibilities are there that the error 429 occurs just because the game servers are down. So, to fix this, you have to know about the Titanfall 2 server status. Meanwhile, in case you don’t know how to do so, read this guide until the end to fix the error.
Fix The Titanfall 2 Error 429 in Xbox Series X
So, here are the best fixes that will help you fix the Titanfall error 429 and know about the Titanfall 2 server status. Therefore, let’s get started with the fixes:
Check The Titanfall 2 Server Status
There are possible chances that the game servers may be down, due to which you are getting the error 429 while playing Titanfall 2. Previously, many users are there have found that the servers are not working for the game, and when the servers start working, this error gets resolved automatically.
So, in case you don’t know how to check Titanfall 2 server status, you must go to the DownDetector or Ea official website. It is necessary to wait for the server to be resolved if its status is red. Moreover, any game-related issues can also be checked via Xbox Live.
Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure that your PC’s internet connection is working correctly. Sometimes, your internet connection might not be fast enough to communicate with the server or retrieve data if it is unstable or slow.
Connect an ethernet cable and run the Titanfall 2 server to see if it is active. Titanfall 2 may experience error 429 if your internet connection is slow. Run a speed test on Speedtest.net to determine your internet speed. You can also use Google DNS to prevent this problem.
If you aren’t getting the right speed in your area, you should contact your ISP. Once the connection issue is fixed, Titanfall 2 error 429 will be automatically fixed.
Check Software Updates
Prior to coming to any conclusions, you should check for Xbox console software updates. Several problems can be caused by outdated, or buggy software builds. So, you must check if your Xbox Series X is updated to the latest version of the OS, and to do so:
- Open the Settings menu on your Xbox.
- Go to System> Updates and Downloads.
- Click Update Console > Select the checkbox for Keep my console up-to-date & Keep my games and apps up-to-date.
- You must reboot your Xbox Series X console in order for the changes to be applied immediately. Moreover, software updates will be automatically checked.
- Whenever an update is available, the console system will install it automatically.
Clear Cache Data
Your Xbox console may likely encounter several problems when it launches or plays games if you have saved a lot of cache data from installed games. You should clear your console’s cache data in order to refresh it. This can be done by:
- Navigate to Settings > Devices and Streaming > Blu-ray.
- Go to Persistent Storage and choose Clear Persistent Storage.
You can follow the steps below if your Xbox doesn’t have the Blu-Ray option under Device & Streaming:
- Initially, make sure the console is turned off, and the power cord is unplugged.
- Wait around 5 minutes before plugging it back in.
- Once it’s turned on, you’ll see the Xbox logo.
- This will clear the cached data.
Delete Saved Game Data
So, if you have checked the Titanfall 2 server status and it is working, then there are chances that some of your game data is damaged, due to which you are facing this problem. However, you will find it handy to delete the saved game data if there is a problem with gameplay on the Xbox console. Here’s how to do it:
- The first step is to quit the Titanfall 2 game. Next, select My games and apps.
- Choose to See all > Highlight Titanfall 2.
- Then go to Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
- After clicking the Delete All button, you must wait for it to be completed.
- In order to verify that the error 429 issue has been resolved, you must relaunch Titanfall 2.
Xbox Insider Hub
With the Xbox Insider Hub, users can obtain features and updates that are still in development. To protect your Xbox console from unwanted bugs or glitches, make sure you exit that access. In addition, many users have reported that the Titanfall 2 servers status gets fixed when they leave the Xbox Insider Hub program. So, how do you do it? Let’s find out:
- Initially, go to the Xbox Insider Hub > tap on the Xbox Update Preview > Hit the Manage.
- You can now select Xbox Update Preview Alpha Skip-Ahead.
Despite the warning stating that users may encounter bugs, follow these instructions and ignore them. You’ll eventually be able to play your Titanfall 2 game without any error 429.
Hard Reset Xbox Console
You can resolve multiple problems or system glitches by hard resetting your Xbox console. You can use this method without any second thoughts since it does not delete any data from the console. Here is how to do it:
- Firstly, hold down the Power button to turn off the Xbox console.
- Release the Power button once the console has turned off.
- Next, remove the power cable from the socket and unplug it from the console.
- After about 5 minutes, plug the Power cable back in to refresh the System.
- Turn on the console and launch Titanfall 2 to check for the error code 429.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how to fix Titanfall 2 error code 429. After performing the fixes mentioned earlier in this guide, we hope you can check and fix the Titanfall 2 server status. If you have any questions about this guide, comment below and let us know.