A great game like Dying Light 2: Stay Human is definitely worth a try. It has engaging gameplay and an exciting story, and future patches and DLC could quickly improve the graphics and replayability, raising the game’s rating. If you are willing to invest 100 hours or more, this game is worth your time.
Besides looting, fighting zombies or humans, caring for other survivors, and running the night invasion, there are so many other things to do you may quickly lose track of the main story. But, sadly, some bugs started bothering users and stopping them from playing the game.
However, Co-Op not working is one of them. Due to this, many users find that they get stuck on connecting and try to play the Co-Op mode. Don’t worry! This will try to help you fix if the Dying Light 2 Co-Op is not working issue. So, let’s get started with the guide.
- 1 Why is Dying Light 2 Co-Op Not Working?
- 2 Fix Dying Light 2 Co-Op Not Working on PC/Xbox/PS4
Why is Dying Light 2 Co-Op Not Working?
The Dying Light 2 coop, not a working issue might be occurring just because your internet ping is high, which is causing packet loss and high latency. While there are also chances that you may face this problem just because your game servers aren’t working correctly, or you are facing an issue.
Well, in some cases, we have found that Dying Light 2 shows this kind of error due to corrupted or missing game files from your device. So, whatever will be the reason, we have some fixes that have the potential to resolve this kind of error. Hence, you should read this guide until the very end.
Fix Dying Light 2 Co-Op Not Working on PC/Xbox/PS4
So, these are some fixes that will help you fix the Dying Light 2 Co-Op not working issue. Thus, make sure to read and apply the fixes in the same manner as we have mentioned below:
Check game servers of Dying Light 2
The first step is to check Dying Light 2’s live server status. If maintenance is underway or there is an outage, this might be why the Co-Op isn’t working. To check their server status, you can visit DownDetector. In addition, the game developers will announce any issues they are aware of on their official Twitter account, so you must also follow the officials on their official Twitter handle.
Temporarily disable antivirus
There is a possibility that your antivirus program is blocking the game file from connecting to the servers, causing Dying Light 2 Co-Op to not work. You can check whether the antivirus program causes the problem by turning it off and playing the game in Co-Op mode. To fix the problem, you will need to disable the real-time protection using the steps we have mentioned below:
- Press the Windows button and tap on Settings.
- Afterward, tap on Update & Security.
- Thereafter, go to the Windows Security section.
- Now, simply tap on Virus & Threat Protection followed by Manage Settings.
- Finally, toggle the button to turn off real-time protection.
Check Your Internet Connection
You might not even be at fault for not being able to play cooperatively with others. To be able to play online and join servers, a good internet connection speed must be needed.
You can check the WiFi router speed of your internet connection on Speedtest
You might want to try restarting your modern or WiFi router next if you find your internet to be adequate. Once your internet issue gets fixed, you will find that the Dying Light 2 coop not working issue is automatically fixed.
Update network adapter drivers
You’ll have problems connecting when you play multiplayer games such as Dying Light 2 if your PC network adapter is outdated. Any updated network adapter drivers can be found in the device manager and should be installed if necessary. However, in case you don’t know how to update your network adapter drivers, make sure to perform these steps:
- Open Device Manager (open Run box and search devmgmt. MSc).
- Afterward, make sure to go to the Network adapters and expand it.
- Then, right-click on the WiFi adapter and hit the Update Driver button.
- Finally, hit the Search Automatically For Drivers.
- Then, right-click on the Ethernet adapter and hit the Update Driver. Now, tap on the Search Automatically For Drivers.
Allow on Windows Defender Firewall
Possibly, the Windows Defender firewall is blocking Dying Light 2 Co-Op servers’ incoming and outgoing connections, which is causing your connection problem. To prevent Co-Op not working issues, check your firewall settings and ensure that the game can pass through and communicate with the game server. However, if you are wondering how you can allow an application through Windows Firewall, you must perform these steps:
- Initially, in the search bar on your desktop, type Windows Firewall and click the icon that appears.
- Afterward, you will allow the app to run by selecting Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Find the game and check all the boxes.
- Then click OK.
Verify the game files of Dying Light 2
It’s common for a corrupted game file to prevent the game from connecting to the co-op. However, in many cases, users have reported that the Dying Light 2 coop not working issue gets resolved just by verifying the game files:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Click Library in your Steam launcher.
- Right-click the Dying Light 2 game, then select Properties from the menu.
- Finally, click on the Local Files tab and hit verify integrity game files.
Reinstall the game
You should consider uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it if the Dying Light 2 Co-Op issue persists after following all of the troubleshooting steps listed above. Also, by doing this, you will be able to resolve any other issues you have with the game.
- Launch Steam.
- Make your way to the library.
- Simply right-click the game, click Manage, and then uninstall it.
- Then click Uninstall.
- Right-click on the game and select install.
- To begin installing, click next.
Contact Support Team
Finally, we are in the last stage. So, if you cannot fix the Dying Light 2 coop not working, then contacting the support team will be the last option left for you. Therefore, you must contact them and ask them about why this issue occurs. Then, they will surely help you resolve this error.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how to fix the Dying Light 2 coop not working issue. We hope that you find the troubleshooting methods helpful. Therefore, if you want to ask more questions, comment below and let us know.
- How to Fix iPhone Cellular Data Not Working on iPhone iOS 15
- How To Fix Apple Carplay Not Working and Connecting
- Fix Forza Horizon 4/5 Crashing Not Working In Windows 11
- Fix Bally Sports Not Working on Roku, Firestick, Xfinity, Apple TV
- Fix CoinDCX Go App Not Working Properly Issue
- How to Fix Dying Light 2 Multiplayer Not Working on PC/PS5/Xbox