Having a bigger screen means you can efficiently multitask on your tablet. The tablet already supports multi-active windows, also known as Multi-window features, which allow users to multitask by running two to three applications at the same time. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 tablet or S8 Ultra, then you will have the option to use the Split Screen and divide your screen into two halves for using two applications at the same time.
How to Split Screen on Samsung Galaxy Tab S8/S8 Ultra
You can Use the Split-screen feature on the following Samsung Tablets running on One UI 4 or above:
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S8 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S7 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S7+
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite (2022)
Use Split Screen On Samsung Galaxy S8 Tablet
If you want to use the Split screen on the Samsung Galaxy S8 tablet, then you can follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Recent apps on your Galaxy Tab S8.
- Now tap and hold the app you want to open on the split-screen and drag that app to the center of your screen until you see Drop here for a pop-up view and drop the app.
- Now, head to the drawer and open the other app you want to view on the split-screen.
- After doing so, click on the Blue line on the top of the app in the pop-up view and click on the split-screen icon.
- This will separate both the apps in the split-screen mode.
Split Screen Apps In Dex Mode
If you are using Dex mode, then the steps to use split-screen won’t be similar. Instead, you will have to manually resize the apps to use in split-screen or multiview, or either you will have to use the keyboard shortcuts.
When you open the app, you can click on the resize icon on the top right corner of the app window. Now you will have to manually resize the apps by dragging the sides of the app window. You can do the same for other apps and use them in split-screen mode.
An easy way to do this will be using keyboard shortcuts. If you have keyboard book co er and you are using it currently, then simply press the CMD + (Left or Right Arrow) keys to use the app on the split-screen.
- Left Arrow- This key will arrange the app on the left side of the screen.
- Right Arrow- This key will arrange the app on the right side of the screen.
- Up Arrow- This key will maximize the app.
- Down Arrow- This key will minimize the app.
This is how you can use the split-screen on your Samsung Galaxy S8 tablet. if you are new to Samsung’s One UI and you don’t know how to use the Split screen on your tablet, then following the above steps you will be able to use the split-screen on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Tablet.