SmartCast Home Not Available refers to an error message or notification displayed on Vizio SmartCast TVs or devices when the SmartCast Home interface or feature is inaccessible or not functioning as expected. SmartCast Home is the user interface that allows users to access and stream content from various apps and sources on their Vizio SmartCast devices. So, if you are facing the SmartCast home not available issue, then make sure to read the guide until the end.
Ways to Fix Vizio SmartCast TV Not Available
Here are some fixes that will help you fix the SmartCast home not available:
Fix 1: Restart Your TV
Whenever you are having a problem with your TV, restarting it is the first thing that comes to mind, provided it is a software problem, not a hardware problem (especially if there are damages).
If you are experiencing the ‘SmartCast Home not available’ error on your Vizio TV, try restarting it and seeing if it is cleared. It’s great if restarting your TV fixes the problem. If not, let’s proceed to the next step.
Fix 2: Check TV Internet Connection
When SmartCast Home isn’t available (with a black screen), it’s usually due to poor network connections. No matter how good your internet connection is, SmartCast will not work without an internet connection.
Consequently, We will show you how to fix the problem if the issue arises from the network connection on your Vizio SmartCast TV.
We’ll move on to a tip that has helped many users who have experienced a similar problem in the past if your network connection is good from the test. To connect your TV, follow these steps:
- To begin, press the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote control.
- Scroll down the Menu and select Network.
- Lastly, click on Test Connection.
You will be able to see the results of the test once the connection test is complete.
Vizio smart TVs do not work with SmartCast if the connection speed is zero or low or the Network is unreachable (Network unavailable/no network detected).
Fix 3: Connect to a Different Network
Generally, restarting your network router should fix SmatCast is Not Available issue. It may be necessary to connect to a different network in other cases.
Ideally, connect to a dual-band router using the 5.0GHz frequency instead of the commonly used 2.4GHz. For help in setting up the 5.0GHz on your router, contact your network provider (if it supports it).
Fix 4: Turn on DHCP
It is a network management protocol that assigns IP addresses to devices connected to a network automatically using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
In your Vizio smart TV, DHCP is enabled by default. If your TV’s configuration has changed, you will need to enable it again under Network settings.
Your TV remote should have a menu button. You need to select Network> Manual Setup. Enable DHCP. In case it is already on, shut it off and turn it back on again as soon as possible.
Fix 5: Reload the SmartCast Home Screen
If the network issue has been resolved, this method can be used. However, if this does not work, you need to find a way to fix the SmartCast Home Not Available issue.
Once the network issue has been resolved, you should try reloading the SmartCast home screen. You can do that by following these steps:
- Press the menu button on your remote control.
- Select System.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to change the language on the Menu. After this, SmartCast will reload behind the Menu.
You should be able to clear the ‘SmartCast home not available’ issue after switching back to English. If SmartCast still doesn’t work, that means it isn’t the Network. When that happens, you will have to power cycle your Vizio SmartCast TV in order to make SmartCast work.
Fix 6: Power Cycle Your TV
When SmartCast isn’t working on users’ TVs, a quick power cycle can often fix the problem, especially after it has been determined that the problem isn’t associated with the network connection or the router.
Your Vizio smart TV’s power cycle, also called a soft reset, basically cleans cache files that have built up over time.
However, when it comes to Vizio SmartCast smart TVs, there are two levels of power cycle. You can either power cycle the TV via the Menu, or you can power cycle all electronic devices by using the native method.
- On your Vizio remote controller, click on the menu button and select System > Reset & Admin > Soft Power Cycle.
- SmartCast should begin working as soon as this is done.
It may be necessary to power cycle your TV again without using the menu option from the power source if that doesn’t work. To do this:
- Firstly, turn off your TV.
- Then, unplug it.
- Afterward, for about 60 seconds, press the power button on the TV while it is unplugged
- Finally, turn on the TV again
You should now be able to use Vizio TV SmartCast without the black screen error ‘SmartCast Home not available.’
Fix 7: Update TV Software
Your Vizio SmartCast TV may not be able to access SmartCast Home if it runs an older software version. However, you can update the software on your Vizio SmartCast TV by following these steps:
- On your Vizio TV remote, click the Menu button.
- Select ‘System‘ under TV settings.
- Click ‘Check for Updates‘ in the system settings menu.
- If you choose to check for updates, you will see a prompt. You can highlight ‘Yes‘ and click the enter key.
- Whenever there is new software available, the TV will download it and install it (provided an internet connection is available).
After this is done, SmartCast Home should not be available.
- ESPN App Chromecast Button Not Showing? Here’s How to Fix
- How To Fix Podcasts App Crashing On iPhone
- How to Fix Comcast Email Not Working
- Top 3 Ways To Setup Miracast For Windows 11
- Peacock on Vizio Smart TV at peacocktv.com tv/vizio Premium Login
- How To Fix Vizio Sound Bar Keeps Turning Off
- Vizio Sound Bar Manual and Tips – Old and New