One of the most well-written games of the modern age, Red Dead Redemption 2 features an amazing open-world and character development. In Red Dead, you may sometimes receive an error message saying, “This game isn’t ready for Offline mode.” Well, that’s the reason why we are here. In this article, we have mentioned some of the crucial fixes that will surely help you resolve the Red Dead Offline Mode not working issue. Therefore, let’s get started with the guide.
Why is the Red Dead Offline Mod Not Working?
- It is possible that server issues have caused your Red Dead offline mode to not work. Occasionally, the Red Dead servers are down, causing offline mode to not work and issues loading the game.
- It’s very easy to overlook the fact that your Red Dead app’s limited storage can fill up quickly. On the app, Red Dead hardware stores cache files of downloaded games. Too much cache affects the application’s performance. It could be that Red Dead offline mode does not work due to that reason.
- It is also possible that your Red Dead offline mode is not working because of bugs and glitches. An offline mode glitch or bug may be responsible for causing this issue.
- There are a variety of ways to organize and manage your game library in the Red Dead app, including hiding games. In contrast, hidden games won’t appear in your library. It is sometimes impossible to use offline mode with a game that is hidden from your library. Make sure none of the games are hidden and that they can be seen.
- There are some games that cannot be played offline. In offline mode, Red Dead games that use external launchers will not work. Also, if you use an external launcher, you will not be able to use it offline.
Here’s How to Fix Red Dead Offline Mode Not Working
So, here are some fixes that have and will allow you to resolve the Red Dead Mode not working issue:
Enable Online Mode
- Whenever you want, you can play Red Dead offline without being connected to the Internet.
- The Red Dead menu allows you to access the online Red Dead collection when you’re ready.
- On your computer, launch the Red Dead app. Click “Go online.”
- To enter online mode, click “Okay” when asked to restart Red Dead. Once Red Dead restarts, it goes online and exits offline mode.
Unhide Hidden Games
Here are the steps that you need to perform in order to unhide the Red Dead to resolve offline mode not working issue:
- All games should be visible, and none should be hidden.
- In Red Dead, open the app and click “View.” Next, select “Hidden Games.”
- You will be able to see your hidden games. To unhide one, right-click it. Go to the context menu and select “Manage.”
- Next, click “Remove from Hidden.” The games will no longer be hidden. To view all of your games, click “Show All Collections.”
Update your Rockstar Games Launcher
It is possible that some bugs related to the game’s offline mode not working issues have been fixed by Rockstar’s launcher updates. It is therefore recommended that you update the Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Make sure all Rockstar games and the launcher are closed. In the Windows Taskbar, right-click the Rockstar Games Launcher icon.
- Make sure you restart your launcher so any updates can take effect.
When your launcher has been updated, and you can still not launch the game, try the next fix.
Check Server Status
- If the servers are down, wait for a few minutes or hours for them to come back up. It may take some time for the servers to return, so please be patient.
- Occasionally, there may be maintenance or temporary issues with the Red Dead servers.
- To find out if Red Dead’s servers are down, visit the official website. You can tell if the servers are down if you aren’t able to access the website.
- If you want to stay updated on the status of Red Dead servers, you can follow their social media accounts.
- Whenever the servers go down, stay patient and wait for the Red Dead Offline Mode not working problem to be resolved.
Add the game folder to the list of scan exclusions
There is a possibility that Windows Defender will prevent your game from launching. If this is the case for you, try to exclude it from scans.
- Type Windows Security into the Search box and click Windows Security.
- To manage Virus & threat protection settings, click on the tab Virus & threat protection.
- In the Exclusions section, click Add or Remove exclusions.
- Then click on and select File.
- Go to Windows (C:) and click on Program Files.
- Click on the Rockstar Games folder.
- Select the folder Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Select RDR2.exe from the list.
- You can now run your game.
Clear your launcher profile details
In some cases, the profile details in your profile are corrupt, which makes the game not allow you to launch. Therefore, deleting them may be helpful.
- Select Settings from your Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Under Account information, select Delete local profile and click Delete.
- Then click the Confirm button.
- Log in to the launcher and launch Red Dead Redemption 2, then check if the Red Dead Offline mod not working issue gets resolved.
Check for Windows Updates
In order to take advantage of some new features, you should update to the latest Windows version before troubleshooting. In order to do so, follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and click on Settings.
- Click Check for updates under Windows Update.
You’ll be prompted to install updates if they are available. Once the process is complete, restart your computer.
Run your game as an administrator
It is possible to unlock permissions by running in administrator mode. In some cases, it may be helpful to grant administrator rights to your game in order for it to work correctly. By granting administrator rights, an application can perform any activity on the computer it needs to.
- Go to the Settings menu in the Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Select Red Dead Redemption 2 under My installed games.
- Click Open under View Installation Folder.
- Right-click RDR2 and select properties.
- Ensure that the Run as an administrator and Disable fullScreen optimization options are checked under the tab Compatibility. Click Apply > OK.
Alternatives When Red Dead Offline Mod Is Not Working
- Switch to Online Mode Temporarily: If offline mode is not functioning, consider switching to online mode briefly. This can sometimes reset the game’s internal state, allowing you to revert back to offline mode successfully.
- Explore Other Games in the Genre: While waiting for a fix, explore other games that offer a similar Wild West experience. Titles like ‘Call of Juarez’ or ‘Gun’ can provide a similar thrill and adventure.
- Revisit the Classics: Sometimes, revisiting classic games in your library can be a refreshing change. Games like ‘Red Dead Revolver’ or other classics from the same developers might reignite the joy of gaming while you wait for a solution.
- Engage in Related Activities: Delve into the rich lore of Red Dead Redemption through other media. Reading books or watching movies set in the same era can keep your interest piqued and offer a different perspective on the game’s setting.