Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been released in various countries and there is a lot of hype about this game amongst gamers. Everyone wants to play this game, and why shouldn’t one be excited about this game? But, many users have reported the problem while installing the game. Users have reported that Modern Warfare 2 was stuck on Installing. This issue was especially encountered by users trying to install the game on PS5. This article will guide you through the troubleshooting steps to help fix Modern Warfare 2 Stuck on Installing on PS5.
Fix Modern Warfare 2 Stuck On Installing PS5
The issue was officially addressed by Infinity Ward, and they have released a patch update for the same. Infinity Ward has tweeted on their official Twitter channel that the issue was resolved with the latest update and you just have to restart the game client. After restarting the game client, you can then install the game.
This issue has been resolved with an update. Please restart your game client.
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) October 27, 2022
Before the patch update was released, Infinity Ward tweeted another workaround for the same issue; the workaround suggested heading to the Quick Settings Menu and then backing out. Here’s how you can do that-
- On the installation screen, select the Cancel button.
- Now, press the Start/Options button and head to Quick Settings.
- Now press the Back button and you will be headed to the Campaign Mission Screen.
The above fix will surely help you install Modern Warfare 2 on your PS5. Some users were still facing the issue with installing Modern Warfare 2 even after the patch update, so we have come up with some other workarounds to fix this issue. Below are some other ways to fix this issue that have worked for users facing issues even after the patch update.
Restart The Game In Offline Mode
If Modern Warfare 2 is stuck on installation, you can start the game offline. All you have to do is, go back from the installation screen and then start the game in offline mode. Once you start the game offline, try the installation process again, and that should probably bypass the installation error that you were facing with Modern Warfare 2 on your PS5.
Delete Campaign Pack
Deleting the Campaign Pack of the game also proved to be a workaround for this issue. You will have to delete Campaign Pack 1 and Campaign Pack 2 of the game and redownload them. Once you do this, you will be able to install the game. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- In the game library, highlight Modern Warfare 2.
- Now, press the Options button on your PS5 controller and then select Manage Game Content.
- Delete Campaign Pack 1 and Campaign Pack 2.
- Once they have been deleted, download them again.
- Once you do so, you will be able to install the game without facing any issues.
Restart Your Console
The issue is encountered due to technical glitches. If you are stuck on the installation, then you can try restarting your PS5, and then you will be able to install the game on your device. To restart PS5, follow the steps given below-
- Press the PS button on your PS5 controller. This will take you to the Control Center Menu.
- Here, select the Power button at the bottom right corner, and then select Restart PS5.
- This will restart your PS5.
- After restarting the console, try installing the game again and check if the issue is still encountered or not.
Another thing that you can try doing is updating the firmware. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings on your PS5.
- Here, head to System and then select System Software.
- Under Console Information you will know whether your firmware is updated or not. If the firmware is not updated, then you will have the option to download the latest update.
- Download and install any update if available.
- Once done, try installing the game again; it should be installed without any issues.
These were some troubleshooting steps to help fix Modern Warfare 2 stuck on installation. The issue is faced by many users, and if you are facing it then you are not alone. The issue was soon addressed by Infinity Ward, and they released a workaround for it along with the patch update; we have already mentioned this in the article above. However, the update didn’t help fix the issue for most users, and if you are still facing the issue, then you can try following the other workarounds we have listed above.
Well, the issue is still being faced by the majority of the users even after the update, and we expect Infinity Ward to release another patch update to fix the issue. All we can do is wait until another update is released by Infinity Ward.