Usually, when you delete files, they are stored in Recycle Bin and can be restored later. However, if you press Shift + Delete, then it will be permanently deleted. Deleted files are stored in Recycle Bin, but if you have permanently deleted a file, you cannot recover it from the Recycle bin. If you have permanently deleted a file in Windows 11, then how can you recover it? There are certain ways using which you can recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11.
How To Recover Deleted Files From Windows 11
If you are looking for a way to recover permanently deleted files on your PC, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11.
There is an undo feature on Windows 11, which allows one to undo your action of file deletion and recover it. However, you will have to do this step immediately after you have accidentally deleted a file. To undo Delete, follow the steps given below-
- Right-click on the screen where you have deleted the file.
- You will see a context menu here. In the Context menu, click on the Undo Click option, or you can press the Ctrl + Z key combo at the same time.
- This will undo the deletion, and the file will be restored.
Recovering Permanently Deleted Files Using CMD
Another way to recover permanently deleted files is by using CMD. To recovery permanently deleted files using CMD, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key. In the Start Menu, search for CMD. Right-click on the Command Prompt, and then click on Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, paste the following code attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*” and execute it. Ensure you replace the drive letter with the actual drive letter of the disk partition from which the file has been permanently deleted.
Recovery Files From The Previous Version
There is a feature called the previous version in Windows, which helps you restore files that have been deleted on your PC. This feature uses a system restore point which has been previously created to restore the permanently deleted files. To recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11 from the previous version, follow the steps given below-
- Open the File Explorer on your PC by pressing the Windows + E key combo.
- Head to the location from where the file has been deleted. Right-click on the folder from where the file has been deleted, and click on Show more options.
- Now in the Context menu, click on Restore previous versions.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to restore the permanently deleted files.
Recover Files With File History
Another method that you can follow to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11 is using File History. To recover files with the File History, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu. In the Start menu, search for Restore Files and open it.
- Now select the folder the contains the address of the deleted files.
- Here, you will see all the files that have been deleted.
- To restore the files, click on the Restore buttons to recover the files that have been deleted from the PC.
Restoring Files From The Windows Backup
You can also restore the files using Windows Backup. However, this method will only work if you have previously created a backup of the files. To restore the deleted files using the Windows Backup, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start menu, search for Control Panel and open it.
- Here click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7) under the System and Security section.
- You will see here the Restore my files button under the Restore section.
- Click on this option, and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the file.
If you have not created a backup before, then you cannot restore it. To restore the file, you will need to have a backup.
Recovering Using Third-Party Softwares
There are various third-party software like 7-Data Recovery, EaseUS, Recoverit, and various others using which you can recover the deleted files. These third-party apps make it easier for one to recover the deleted files on the PC.
- How To Check Graphics Card In Windows 11
- How To Forget A Wi-Fi Network In Windows 11
- How To Create Full System Backup in Windows 11
These are some ways to recover the permanently deleted files in Windows 11. If you have accidentally deleted the files permanently, then this article will help you recover them. Follow the steps given in this article to recover the files you have deleted permanently in Windows 11.