With regular updates, Microsoft’s flagship operating system, Windows 10, is enhanced in security, improved in performance, and is introduced with new features. KB5026361 Cumulative Update is one of those updates released on Patch Tuesday. If you want to learn more about how to download the Download KB5026361 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 22H2, 21H2, 20H2 [Patch Tuesday], here is the guide for you. So, let’s get started with the guide.
What is KB5026361 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 22H2, 21H2, 20H2 [Patch Tuesday]
Every second Tuesday of the month, Microsoft releases cumulative updates, security patches, and bug fixes as part of the Patch Tuesday program. Windows users will receive security fixes, stability enhancements, and new features as part of this routine update cycle. Several versions of Windows 10 are affected by KB5026361, including 22H2, 21H2, and 20H2.
What Are The Key Benefits You Will Get on KB5026361?
Here are some key aspects of this update:
- The KB5026361 update addresses known vulnerabilities, ensuring the stability and security of Windows 10.
- Also, to protect against cyber threats, it is imperative to update security software regularly. The cumulative update for Windows 10 strengthens its defenses against potential vulnerabilities.
Quality and Reliability Improvements:
- In previous versions, users might have experienced crashes or performance glitches due to issues associated with system stability.
- KB5026361 enhances application compatibility for users across a wide range of software environments, ensuring a smoother experience.
- The company is dedicated to resolving user-reported issues as soon as possible. KB5026361, they include fixes for a variety of issues ranging from minor inconveniences to more serious ones.
- Windows Insiders and the broader user community provide feedback on the cumulative update, showing Microsoft’s commitment to improving Windows 10.
What are the fixes applied to Windows 10 KB5026361 May Patch?
KB5026368 and KB5026372 (May patch Tuesday KBs) fix the following issues in Windows 10. Here is the list of fixes for Windows 10 22H2 and 21H2.
- An issue affecting Microsoft Edge IE mode has been addressed with May patch KB5026361. A pop-up window opens in the background instead of being displayed in the foreground.
- With the May 2023 patch Tuesday updates, Microsoft Edge IE mode Issues have been fixed. Window pop-ups open in the background instead of in the foreground in IE Mode.
- The Xbox Elite users who have the Xbox Adaptive Controller were also fixed by this Patch, as explained earlier. You should update your desktop controller remapping preferences after this update.
- With this May patch for Windows 10, the issue of flickering taskbars has also been addressed. The update resolves a problem that might impact news and interests. In some cases, File Explorer might not respond as a result of it flickering on the taskbar.
- Using Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS), a race condition was identified and fixed in this update. There is a possibility that the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) will cease to function. As a result, many local account operations are executed simultaneously by the system. This error code is 0xc0000005.
Download and Install Windows 10 KB5026361
Standalone installers and Windows Update updates are available for this update. The standalone installers are available here, enabling you to download and install the update directly on your Windows 10 version or update using Windows Update by following the guidelines below.
How to Install KB5026361
To take advantage of the latest improvements and security enhancements, users are strongly encouraged to install the KB5026361 Cumulative Update as soon as possible. To get started, follow these steps:
- Automatic Updates: Most Windows 10 users have automatic updates enabled, allowing the latest updates to be downloaded and installed automatically. Users can check for updates on your Windows 10 PC manually by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Manual Installation: You can download KB5026361 manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog if you prefer manual control. You can find the update on the Microsoft website, search for it, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Restart Your System: It is imperative to restart your system after installation to ensure that the changes are applied effectively. You should save your work before restarting and close all open applications.
For Windows 10 Version 22H2
- You can download KB5026361 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 64-Bit [752.0 MB].
- You can download KB5026361 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 32-Bit [408.6 MB].
Installing the update is as simple as running the MSU file that was downloaded, and Windows will do the rest. Please refer to the Microsoft Catalog if you wish to download any other updates.
What Are The Known Issues and Troubleshooting Them?
Although updates undergo rigorous testing, there may sometimes be new issues or conflicts introduced. Whenever Microsoft releases an update, it provides information regarding known issues as well as potential workarounds. To find out more about known issues and troubleshooting guidance for KB5026361, refer to Microsoft’s official support page.
How to Remove the LCU
The LCU will need to be removed after the combined SSU and LCU package has been installed by using the DISM/Remove-Package command line option with the name of the LCU package as the argument to the command. This command will give you the package name: DISM /online /get-packages.
As the combined package includes a standalone installer, you cannot use /uninstall with Windows Update Standalone Installer (wusa.exe) to uninstall it. It is not possible to remove the SSU once it has been installed on your system.
In shaping the development of Windows 10, the Windows Insider community provides early access to Windows 10 updates and helps test them before they are released to the general public. Updates, like KB5026361, are designed to meet the diverse needs of users, so Microsoft actively listens to feedback from Insiders.
- Fix Halo Infinite Credits Not Appearing in Windows 10/11
- Fix Instup.exe Application Error on Windows 10/11
- How to Open DAT Files in Windows 10/11
- How to Install Windows 10 on GPT Partition Without Data Loss 2024
- How to Fix Windows 10 Update Stuck and Failed
- How to Create Bootable USB In Windows 10
- How to Install RSAT Tools on Windows 10 Version 1809 and Later