RSAT or Remote Server Administration Tools is a Windows Server component for remote management of other computers also running that operating system. Before, RSAT tools were available as .msu files for downloads. So, to install RAST tools, users would have to download the MSU file and then install the RSAT tools. But now, you do not need to download the RSAT package, which is available as a part of Windows features. In this article, we will be discussing how you can install RSAT tools on Windows 10 Version 1809 and later.
- 1 Install RSAT Tools On Windows 10 Version 1809 And Later
- 2 How To Uninstall RSAT Tools On Windows 10 1809 And Later?
- 3 RSAT Alternatives 2022
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 FAQs
Install RSAT Tools On Windows 10 Version 1809 And Later
If you want to install RSAT tools on windows 10, then you can follow the given below some methods-
To install RSAT Tools on Windows 1809 and later using the Settings, follow the steps given below-
- Open Settings by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- Here, click on Apps and then on Apps & features.
- Under the apps and features, click on the Manage Optional Features.
- Now, click on the Add a feature option.
- From the list of features, search for RSAT.
- Now, select any RSAT features you would like to install. After selecting the feature, click on Install.
- Wait for the feature to be installed. Once done, you can close the Settings app.
- Now, the feature will be successfully installed on your computer.
If you are looking for an alternative to install RSAT apart from Settings, then you can use DISM. Given below are steps to install RSAT tools on Windows 10 1809 and later-
- Press the Windows key and search for Command Prompt. Right-click on the Command Prompt and then click on Run as administrator.
- Now execute the following command in the Command Prompt to check whether your PC has RSAT capabilities or not-
- If your PC has RSAT capabilities, execute the command below to install RSAT Group Policy Management Tools.
Note- Above command installs RSAT Group Policy Management Tools. In the same way, you can install other RSAT tools on Windows 10 1809.
How To Uninstall RSAT Tools On Windows 10 1809 And Later?
Uninstalling RSAT Tools on Windows 10 1809 and later is as easy as installing it. You can follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall RSAT tools-
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Head to Apps and then click on Apps & Features.
- Now, go to the Manage Optional Features.
- Now, select the RSAT feature currently installed on Windows 10, and you want to uninstall it. Click on Uninstall.
- Now, your RSAT feature will be successfully uninstalled on Windows 10.
RSAT Alternatives 2022
As you all know, RSAT is one of the best free Active Directory tools, but what if your PC cannot install them? If that is the case, you can choose some RSAT alternatives. Here, we have provided some of the alternatives to this tool-
- SolarWinds Access Rights Manager
- Server and application monitor
- XIA automation
- ManageEngine ADAudit Plus
- Bulk Password Control
- Quest Active Administrator
- Z-Hire and Z-Term
Above, we have explained some ways you can install and uninstall the RSAT tools on Windows 10 version 1809 or later. We have also provided some of the RSAT tool alternatives if your machine cannot install RSAT tools on yoUR pc.
How To Install RSAT Tools On Windows 10 Version 1809 Or Later?
You can install RSAT tools on Windows 10 1809 and later versions using Settings and DISM. Above, we have mentioned some of the ways which will help you to install RSAT tools.
How To Uninstall The RSAT Tools On Windows 10?
To install the RSAT tools manually, you have to add a feature. The steps of manually installing the RSAT tools on Windows 10 are mentioned above. You can follow them.
What Are RSAT Tools?
RSAT tools or Remote Server Administration Tools is a Windows Server component for remote management of other computers also running that operating system.
When Were The Features On-Demand Features Included In Windows 10?
After the update of 2018, Windows 10 was included in the feature of Features On Demand, which meant that you do not now need to download an RSAT package anymore.