People often share their Netflix accounts with their friends or sign into their accounts on the TV at the hotel. Nobody would want to leave their Netflix account unattended, especially on a hotel TV; thus, a better option will be to log out of your Netflix account whenever such a situation arises. The process to log out of Netflix is as easy as the sign-in process.
There are multiple ways to do it if you are searching for how to log out of Netflix. You can log out of the device even if you don’t have access to the device your account is signed into. This article will discuss how you can log out of Netflix on any TV or streaming device.
How To Log Out Of Netflix On A Smart TV
If you have signed into Netflix on a smart TV and now want to sign out of it, then you can follow the steps given below to do so-
- Open the Netflix app on your TV. Ensure you are on the Home screen of the app.
- Now, open the Menu of Netflix.
- Here, select the Get Help option and continue.
- You will see Sign out option here; select it.
- You will be asked to confirm signing out of your account. Select Yes to log out of your Netflix account.
How To Sign Out Of Netflix On The PC
Signed into Netflix app on your PC? Given below are the steps to sign out of Netflix on your PC-
- Firstly, open the Netflix app on your PC.
- Click on the three dots (three ellipses) at the top right corner and then on the Sign Out option.
- Confirm signing out of your account.
How To Logout of Netflix on Phone or Tablet
Many prefer streaming Netflix on their phone or tablet instead of TV. If you have logged in to your Netflix account on the phone (iPhone or Android phone) or tablet (iPad or Android tablet) and want to log out of it, then follow the steps given below-
- Tap on the Netflix app icon on your device to open it.
- You will now have to select the user (only if multiple users are there for the same account). If there are no other users, you will not get this option.
- Now, tap on your Profile icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on the Sign out option and then on Yes.
- This will log you out of your account on the Netflix app.
The process to sign out of Netflix on a phone and tablet is the same. No matter what phone or tablet you use (iOS or Android), you can log out of the Netflix app by following the steps given above.
Sign Out Of Netflix On Browser
If you stream Netflix through their website on your browser, then you can sign out of your account by following the steps given below-
- Head to the Netflix website on your browser. You can do so by clicking on this link.
- Select the user if multiple users are associated with the same account. You will not see this option if you are the only account user.
- Click on the Profile icon at the top right corner.
- From the menu that opens up, click on Sign Out Of Netflix.
Logout of Netflix Remotely
You can also log out of the Netflix account from the device you don’t have access. For instance, if you checked out of the hotel in haste and forgot to sign out of Netflix, you can remotely log out of your account. Netflix allows you to sign out of all the devices that have your account, and you can do this remotely with your current device. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the browser on your device (PC, tablet, or phone), and visit the Netflix website by clicking on this link.
- To continue with this step, you must be signed into the Netflix account on the browser you are currently using. If you are already signed in, then move to the next step; else, sign in to your account first.
- Now, click on the Profile icon at the top right corner of the home screen.
- Click on the Account option to open the Account settings.
- Here, you will see Sign out of all devices option; click on it.
- Confirm signing out of all the devices by clicking on Sign Out.
Change Your Netflix Password
If you have given your Netflix password to some, and you don’t want them to log into your account again, then you can change your Netflix password. Changing your Netflix password will also log you out of the Netflix account on all the devices that have your account. To change your Netflix account password, follow the steps given below-
- Click on this link to head to the Login Page of Netflix.
- You will see two options now-
- Email- This option will send you the instructions to change your password on your email.
- Text Message (SMS)- You will have to enter the number associated with your account. You will get a verification code that you can use to reset the password.’
- Choose one option to continue ahead.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
- Once done, you will be signed out of all the devices. You will have to log in on the devices you use with the new password.
This is how you can log out of your Netflix account on TV and any streaming device. The process is quite easy, plus Netflix gives you the option to log out of Netflix on devices that you have and on devices that you don’t have access to. You can follow the steps given above for the device you want to sign out of, and you will be able to log out of your Netflix account. We hope you find this article helpful, and if you do, then let us know in the comments section below.