Trying to play League of Legends but stuck with Unable to Connect to Server issues? Read this guide till the end to know about it.
There are a lot of users who are reporting the “League Of Legends Unable To Connect To Server Error.” This error is causing them a lot of issues in playing the game. Due to the error message, they are getting while trying to play the game, they cannot play it. The error occurs because the game is not able to connect with the server for the responses. Obviously, this is going to create a lot of issues for you.
However, this can be solved easily if you are going to use the solutions that we are going to list in this guide. We will explain the solutions so that you can easily perform them and solve the problem you are facing. With this intro, let’s get started with the guide.
Why do I Keep Getting League of Legends Unable to Connect to Server Error?
There are a lot of users who are stuck with the League Of Legends Unable To Connect To Server. The users cannot understand why they are facing such issues when trying to play the game. We all know that League of Legends is an online multiplayer game, so it is necessary that it has to get connected to the server to give the player access to the other users who are playing the game.
But when the users open the game to play it, they get the Unable to Connect To Server Issues. There are various reasons available for the cause of the issue. We are going to list the reasons for the cause of the issues so that you will be able to understand why you are facing the problem.
- Network Connectivity: Those who don’t know, but network connectivity might be one of the reasons you might be facing problems. You will face the issue if your system is connected with a slow-speed internet connection.
- Server Problem: The servers of the game can also be the reason for the cause of the issue. If there is any server outage, maintenance, or upgrades going on, you will face the problem.
- System Settings or Third-Party Apps: Your system settings of the Windows Firewall and the third-party apps installed on the system can also cause issues in the game’s running.
- Network Driver Problems: Users who have not updated their network drivers for a long time will likely face these problems.
- Minor Bugs: There might be some minor bugs with the game or system, so you are facing the same issue.
- Update Issues: If the game is not updated for a long time, it can also result in many issues.
- Other Problems: There are some other reasons why you might face a problem with the game. Some of them are antivirus, proper permission, game settings, etc.
Fix League of Legends Unable to Connect to Server
We are here with some of the common solutions that you can try to fix the League of Legends Unable to Connect to Server issues. The solutions we listed below are simple and common, and they can help you resolve the problem. Make sure to check them.
- Check The Internet Connection: The users facing the issue should check the internet speed, whether your internet is stable or not. If the internet connection is not working properly, you will face the issue. You will have to fix and increase the internet connection speed to solve the issue with Leagues of Legend.
- Disable The Windows Firewall: Many times, the Windows Firewall also causes a lot of issues in the running of the game. We suggest the users check whether the Windows Firewall is causing any issues. You can easily do this by disabling the Windows Firewall.
- Check For Network Driver Updates: The Network Driver plays a major role in the connectivity of the game with their server. The Network driver is responsible for the connections made on your system using the internet. Try to update your network drivers and see if that fixes the issue.
- Start The Game in Administrator Mode: Many times, the permissions that are granted to the system also causes a lot of issues in the running of the game. If the game is not given with the admin permissions, it’s likely that the users are going to face various issues. We will suggest you follow the steps to start the game in administrator mode. Steps: Right-click on the game exe file -> Select the option of Run as Administrator -> Give confirmation and wait for the game to start.
- Restart The System: You can also try restarting your system to resolve the issue. There are chances that the game might not be running due to some minor bugs occurring due to the not properly starting of the services. It will be good for the users to restart the system and check whether the game starts running after it. You can do this by Press ALT + F4 on the Home Screen -> Select Restart -> Press OK.
Ways to Fix Unable to Connect to Server in League of Legends
If you have tried the common solutions that are listed above and still facing the same issue, don’t worry. We are going to list some other solutions through which the game error is likely to get resolved. Let’s check them out.
Check Server Status
The users facing the issue should check whether the servers of the game are working fine or not. There are chances that the game is not working and showing the error as some maintenance is going on or the server is facing outages. This happens mostly with the game servers as they keep seeing high traffics.
Thus, we will suggest that users check the service status of League of Legends to make sure that the servers are working properly. If there is any report of outages or maintenance, wait for the time it gets fixed. This is because there is no benefit of using any methods to fix the problems as it is not going to help you.
Disable Proxy Server Connections
The issue of not connecting to the server might also arise if you are using Proxy Server Connections. For those who don’t know, proxy server connections are used for better security and privacy. But it can cause many instability issues, so the game might be unable to make the proper connection. Thus, we will suggest the users disable the proxy server connections and then check whether the issue has been resolved or not. You can follow the steps which are listed below to disable the proxy server connections.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search Internet Options.
- Now, open the most relevant search result.
- Go to the Connection Tab.
- Click on LAN Settings.
- Uncheck the option of Proxy Servers.
- Apply the changes.
- We suggest you restart the system and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Sometimes the settings of the network connections also cause a lot of issues. The best way to resolve it is to flush DNS. There are a lot of users who have tried this, and they were able to resolve the problem in no time. You can do this by following the steps which are listed below.
- Open the Command Prompt in the Run as Administrator option.
- Now type the command one by one, which are listed below.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns
- After executing all the above commands successfully, close the CMD Prompt.
- Now, restart your system and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Clear the Cache
The issue of the server error with the game might also start if the cache files are not working properly. There are a lot of users who have reported this. We will suggest the users delete the cache files of the game to resolve the issue that they are getting. This solution will likely help you if the game is not working because of the cache files problem. We have listed the steps below, so make sure to check them.
- Open Run.
- Paste the command, which is listed below.
%ProgramData%/League of Legends
- Now, delete all the files except LocalContent and Disclaimer.
- After it, delete the League of Legends after going to the listed folder in Run again.
%AppData% -> Delete the League of Legends Folder
- Restart the system and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Verify the Game Files
There are chances that you are facing the issue due to some problem occurring with the game files. Yes, several issues will occur with your game if the installed file is not working properly, corrupted, or missing. We suggest all users use the Verify Integrity of Game Files feature. We have listed the steps; make sure to follow them properly to repair the game files.
- First of all, you have to download Riot Repair Tool. You can download it from the link.
- When you are downloading the tool, make sure to do this for your own region.
- Once the Repair Tool is downloaded, run it in administrator mode.
- After it, select the game for which you are going to scan and repair the game files.
- Once you have selected the game, then check the Force Repatch option.
- Click Start and wait until the process is completed.
- After the process is completed, restart the system and check whether the issue has been resolved.
- If the issue is not resolved, then collect the logs reported by the Repair Tool.
- Now, send the reported logs to customer support. They will help you after this in resolving the issue.
Check for Newer Updates
It is important for the users to make sure that they are using the latest version of the League of Legends game. If you are in doubt, we will suggest the users go to the game store and check whether there are any updates for the game available or not. If you see any updates available for the game, download it. Sometimes the outdated version of the game does not work properly.
Check for Windows Updates
It is good for the users to ensure they are using the latest Windows version on their system. If they are not using the latest Windows, it’s likely that several issues will start occurring with the apps and games which are installed on your system.
We will suggest all the users check for the Windows update on the system to avoid such issues from occurring. You can check the steps which are listed below to learn about the latest updates of the Windows that you are using.
- Open Settings on your PC.
- Now, go to the Windows Update on the left sidebar.
- Click on Check For Updates.
- If there are any updates available, make sure to download them.
- Once the update is downloaded and installed, restart your system.
- Check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Users were frustrated because of the server problems they were getting on the League of Legends game. In this guide, we have added all the essential information through which the users will be able to resolve the problems that they are facing with the game. We hope that this guide will help you a lot in fixing the problem of League Of Legends Unable To Connect To Server.