Leagues of Legends is a popular Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game by Riot Games. This game is played team-based, where two teams of five powerful champions face off to destroy each other’s place. Recently, users have reported facing the ‘Reconnect’ Error on League Of Legends. This error prevents users from joining a match or launching the game. The issue is caused due to poor internet connection, issues with the server, or problematic game files.
How To Fix League Of Legends Reconnect Error
Worry not; here are some troubleshooting steps to help you fix the League Of Legends Reconnect Error.
Repair League Of Legends Files
The very first thing that you should try doing is repairing the game files. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the LoL Game Launcher on your PC.
- Now, click on the Settings icon at the top right corner.
- Under the General tab, click on Initiate Full Repair and then click on Yes to confirm Full Repair.
- This will fix the League Of Legends files, and you will no longer face this issue.
Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
If you are facing the League Of Legends Reconnect error, it may be because of compatibility issues. You should try running the compatibility troubleshooter to fix the issue you have been facing. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + E key to open Windows Explorer on your PC. Here, head to the following location-
- C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game
- Here, right-click on League Of Legends.exe and then click on Properties.
- In the Properties window, head to the Compatibility tab. Check the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode, and select any older version of Windows.
- Now, click on Run Compatibility troubleshooter.
- Click o Try Recommended Settings and then on Test the program.
- Once done, restart your game, and you should now no longer face the issue.
You can also try updating your Windows if you are facing this issue. You may encounter performance issues with outdated Windows, which might cause Reconnect error on League Of Legends. To update your Windows, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- Here, on the left sidebar, click on Windows Update.
- Now, click on Check for Updates button.
- Download and install all the updates here and restart your PC.
Update Network Adapter Driver
If you are facing the League Of Legends Reconnect error, it may be due to an outdated or faulty network adapter driver. When the network driver is outdated or faulty, you will face issues with your internet, which can lead to such errors. In that case, we would recommend you update your Network Adapter Driver and then check if the issue is fixed or not. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + X key combo and then click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, expand the Network Adapters section by double-clicking on it.
- Right-click on your network adapter driver here, then click on Update Driver.
- Now, click on Check Automatically for Drivers to search the internet for drivers.
- Once the update has been installed, restart your PC.
Change Your DNS Server
Lastly, we would recommend you change your DNS Server. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard. Here, search for Control Panel and open it.
- Now, click on Network And Internet and Network And Sharing Center.
- On the left sidebar, click on Adapter Settings.
- Now, right-click on the network you are connected to, and then click on Properties.
- In the Properties window, click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties.
- Next, click on Use The Following DNS Server Addresses option. Set 188.8.131.52 as your Prefered DNS Server, and then 184.108.40.206 as your Alternate DNS server.
- Check the checkbox for Validate Settings Upon Exit and then click on OK to confirm the changes.
- Once done, restart your game and check if you still face this issue or not.
These were some troubleshooting steps to help fix the League Of Legends Reconnect Error. Most probably, these troubleshooting steps should fix the issue for you. However, if the issue is still not fixed, we recommend you wait some time. The issue might be due to server downtime, which generally gets fixed on its own.
- How Much Money Have I Spent On League Of Legends
- How To Fix ‘Unexpected Error With Login Session’ in League Of Legends
- How to Fix Revocation Information for the Security Certificate for this Site Error
- How To Fix Omegle Error Connecting To Server
- How To Fix LG Smart TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off Automatically