iPhone users always have a complaint because many features are missing that is needed. But that’s not right. Yes, a screen recorder is available on your iPhone’s settings page.
However, recently, many users started reporting that they can’t use record the screen as the iPhone screen recording is not working for them. That’s why we are here. In this article, we will explain how you can record your iPhone’s screen, especially when it is not working. So, let’s get started with the guide.
- 1 Why Is My Screen Recording Not Working?
- 2 Fix iPhone Screen Recording Not Working Issue 2023
- 3 Some Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Why Is My Screen Recording Not Working?
The reason why screen recording is not working on iPhones is due to a number of factors. There are usually a few steps involved in repairing it, but it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. If you encounter this problem again, you may need more precise assistance. There is also a solution for that. For now, here are some common reasons why it may be difficult to access the screen record so you can better understand what to do first.
- Your iPhone is unable to record screen content due to internal restrictions.
- It may be that your drive is full or that your battery is low on charge.
- There might be another screen recording application on your device that conflicts with yours.
- Copyright-protected information may not be able to be recorded.
Fix iPhone Screen Recording Not Working Issue 2023
Some fixes will help you resolve the iPhone screen recording not working issue. And you know what? All the fixes we have mentioned below in this article. So, let’s check them out:
If your iPhone screen recording is not working, rebooting is the best way to resolve this issue. As a result, the entire system of the phone is rebooted and refreshed, and all its functions are restored. This method works several times and is simple to use; the steps are listed below.
- On your phone, there is a side button. Hold it for a few seconds.
- You will see the power-offer slide.
- You can drag the slider.
- Give it a few seconds; it will automatically restart your device.
Check the Microphone
Did you check the Microphone on your iPhone? In many cases, this is the main reason why the iPhone screen recording is not working properly. However, it’s most likely that you don’t have audio when recording a screen because the Microphone isn’t turned on. Here is an easy-to-follow solution:
- Initially, go to Control Center and tap on the Screen Recorder.
- You can display the settings by long-pressing the Screen Recorder icon.
- Select Microphone On.
Check The Compatibility
Several apps do not allow the recording of screens. It’s one of the most typical reasons for not being able to record screens on iOS 14. To ensure that the screen recorder is compatible with the application, you must ensure that the application you want to use the recorder with is compatible. To fix this problem, we need to follow these steps.
- On the app’s information page, click the record button.
- Check to see if the application supports screen recording. You will not be able to record any screen on that app if it does not support screen recording.
Using or wanting to screen record on an app that doesn’t have the permissions might also prevent the screen recording from working on iPhone. There are a variety of restrictions on the applications. Sometimes, we don’t enable the permissions or the application itself for a specific feature on the app. So, here’s how to fix it.
- Firstly, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Choose Screen Time.
- Click on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Go to Content & Privacy Restrictions and tap Content Restrictions.
- Finally, make sure the app you want to use allows screen recording.
Make Sure The Low Mode Is Disabled
You might sometimes switch to Low Power Mode on your phone, which prevents the screen recording feature from working. The common mistake people make is overlooking this aspect. I always check for this feature when my screen recording does not work. Nevertheless, the following steps will assist you in resolving this issue.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Battery. You can disable Low Power Mode from there, which allows you to record the screen.
Check Your Phone’s Storage
You should also consider the amount of storage space you have on your phone as another crucial factor. When your phone does not have enough storage space, screen recording might not work.
To use the screen recording feature of your phone, you must free enough storage space. So, you must ensure that your iPhone has enough storage so the recording can be successfully stored on your internal storage.
Update Your iOS Version
If your iPhone does not have the necessary iOS version, it may not be capable of recording screens. There may be a problem with the current version, and it requires an update to enable the screen recording feature. For those who want to use the screen recording feature on iOS, here are the steps to update their version.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- On the Settings menu, select General.
- Select Software Update.
- You should update your software if it is available.
Reset All Settings
As a last resort, you can rest all of your phone’s settings if none of the other methods work. There might be a problem that is deeply rooted in your phone settings, so it’s best to rest it. Meanwhile, once that is done, follow the steps mentioned.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- On the Settings menu, select General.
- Choose Transfer > Reset iPhone.
- Select Reset > Reset All Settings.
Some Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Can you not Screen Record on iPhones anymore?
In iOS 11 and higher, every iPhone has a built-in screen recording feature. If the screen recording button doesn’t appear in your Control Center, add it; if not, you’ll need to learn how to screen record on an iPhone.
Is there a Screen Recorder built into an iPhone?
It is true that the iPhone has a built-in screen recorder, but it is fairly limited in terms of capabilities. You can record videos up to an unlimited length, but you cannot schedule or record 4K videos.
So, that’s how you can easily fix if the iPhone Screen Recording is not working. We hope the fixes discussed above in this article have helped you. But feel free to comment below if you need more help or have any suggestions.
- How To Fix Touchscreen Not Working in Windows 11
- How To Delete Frequently Visited Sites On iPhone Safari App
- How to Enable Read On-Screen Text on Google Assistant
- How To Get Back to iPhone Setup Screen | iOS Setup Assistant
- 5 Ways to Fix iPad Unavailable on Lock Screen/Security Lockout
- How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 14, Pro, Pro Max