Snapchat is a multimedia instant messaging software that has been originated in America? We may send messages and snaps, which are pictures and videos. In Snapchat, you can also make your own bitmoji and apply various effects to your images and videos.
In the modern day, everyone uses and loves Snapchat. Since it is used by children also, so parental controls are necessary. With the help of parental controls, parents can view and monitor their children’s activities.
This feature also includes Block Sensitive Content that helps to protect kids from viewing sensitive content. If you are looking to block sensitive content on Snapchat, this guide will help you. In this guide, we will discuss the steps you must follow to block sensitive content on Snapchat. So, continue reading the guide to know about it.
What Is Block-Sensitive Content on Snapchat?
Before we go on to the steps to Block Sensitive Content, you should first know what sensitive content is and which type of content comes under the Sensitive type. On Snapchat, you can find both Regular and Sensitive type Content. The Regular type contents can be viewed by everyone (by people of every age group). Whereas the Sensitive type contents are those that have some sensitive things in them or that can not be viewed by people of every age group.
According to Snapchat, the contents that comes under the Sensitive type are as follows:
- Videos or Images that contain Nudity or Adults content that is inappropriate to view.
- The Videos or images that contain explicit words or sentences.
- The Images or Videos that depict Terrorism, Violence, Hate, and Molestation.
How to Parental Control or Block Sensitive Content on Snapchat in 2023
The Block Sensitive Content is a newly added feature on Snapchat. You can find this option under the Parental Controls in the Family Center option. Before doing this, there are two things that you will have to do. The first thing is that you will have to become friends with your children on Snapchat. Without being friends, you will not be able to send them the invitation. And the second and most important step is that they should accept the invitation that will send by you to control their account. If any of these will not be fulfilled, then you will not be able to Block the Sensitive Content.
Now, let’s check out the steps you must follow to Block Sensitive Content on Snapchat. Also, make sure you update Snapchat as we said that the Block Sensitive Content feature is a newly added feature.
- Step 1. First, you will have to update your Snapchat App.
- Step 2. Once the update is completed, you need to open your Snapchat.
- Step 3. Now, you will see your profile picture at the top of the left corner. You will have to click on that.
- Step 4. As you will click on it, your profile page will be opened. Now, you will see the settings icon at the top of the right corner. You need to click on that to open the settings page.
- Step 5. Once the Settings page is opened, you must scroll down and search for the “Family Center” option under Privacy Control.
- Step 6. After you find the “Family Center” option, click on that.
- Step 7. Then, the Welcome to Family Center screen will be opened. Now, you will have to click on the Continue option.
- Step 8. After that, you will be asked to select your children’s Snapchat account to send the invitation.
- Step 9. Select your children’s account and then click on Send Invitation button.
- Step 10. Now, you need to ask your children to accept the invitation so that you can view their messages and friend list.
- Step 11. Finally, to Block the Sensitive Content, you will have to click on the Restrict sensitive content option to enable the toggle.
This was all for the guide on How You Can Block Sensitive Content on Snapchat. Nowadays, you can not deny to your child to give them phones. So, it is very necessary to block sensitive content. All the networking sites, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and many more have provided parental control options. With the help of this option, parents can check who they have messaged recently, what type of videos and images they are watching, etc.
If you want to Block Sensitive Content on Snapchat to avoid your children from watching sensitive content, then don’t worry it is not difficult. All you need to follow is the steps that we have mentioned above. We hope that with those steps, you were able to Block Sensitive Content on Snapchat.
- What Does The X Mean on Snapchat? How to Remove it
- How to Fix Snapchat Support Code C14A/SS07/C14B Error
- How to Block or Unblock Someone on Snapchat
- Get Rid of My AI on Snapchat Chat Feed without Snapchat Plus
- How to Get My AI On Snapchat on Android & iPhone (2023)
- How To Reactivate Your Snapchat Account
- Reset Your Snapchat Password Without Email or Phone Number
- How to Fix Snapchat Bots Adding Me