There are few brands that are known for their devices’ built quality, and Samsung is one of them. Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is the latest version of the Smartwatch series, which is Samsung’s fourth model in the series. Also, it’s the first brand to put its own WearOS on the market in a long time.
There’s a difference between this watch and the Watch 3 model. The product was jointly developed by Samsung and Google and is totally different from anything else available. But unfortunately, just a few months after the release, it starts facing a lot of criticism.
Yes, some users are facing the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 battery drain issue. However, luckily we have some fixes to this problem that we have mentioned in this guide. So, let’s check out the fixes to increase the Galaxy Watch 4 battery life.
Fix Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Battery Draining Fast Issue
Your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 might be experiencing battery drain issues when you notice its battery draining rapidly. With a single charge, a battery should last about two days. Here are some ways to fix the galaxy watch 4 battery life issue:
If you want to ensure that your Galaxy Watch 4 has the latest software update, you should first check its firmware. There are several performance tweaks in the latest software version that will enhance the galaxy 4 battery life and fix several bugs. It is recommended that you install the Galaxy Wearable app on your Android or iOS device before connecting your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4.
You will need a full charge on the watch before you start the updating process. If you don’t have a charge of at least 30%, you may not be able to update.
- Locate and open the Galaxy Wearable application. It is possible to do this using a phone or tablet that is connected to the Internet.
- Click on Watch settings.
- Then, select Watch software update.
- Finally, Download and install.
Close Background Apps
Several factors contribute to battery drain, including background running apps. Since this watch can access the Google Play Store, it is likely that you already have several apps installed.
However, if you leave these apps running continuously on your watch, they may drain the battery over time. You should try closing these apps if you are having trouble closing them to increase the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 battery life.
- Access recent apps by swiping up from the bottom of your watch face.
- Swipe from least to most.
- To close all running apps, tap X (Close all).
Turn off Unused Health Trackers
Your health is monitored by several sensors on the Samsung Health Monitor. If you aren’t interested in the data collected by these sensors, it’s best to turn them off. They consume battery power. When you need it again, simply turn it back on.
- Sleep: Select the Settings from the bottom of the menu, turn it off, and then tap OK to confirm.
- Heart rate: Select the Auto HR Settings at the bottom of the menu, and hit Never.
- Stress: Choose Auto stress settings at the bottom of the menu, and switch it off.
You can test the device’s battery life by turning off the health trackers when not needed.
Restart the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
There are times when the watch will suffer from battery drain issues due to a software glitch. The best thing you can do to fix this is to restart your computer.
- For approximately 7 seconds or until the watch power cycles, press and hold the Power and Back buttons simultaneously.
- You should now see your Samsung watch rebooting.
- Upon completion of the reboot, your Samsung watch should begin to operate normally.
Turn Off Network Connections
The GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, or even mobile data services on your watch should be turned off if you are not using them. It is possible to turn them back on when you need them.
- Press the Home key on your watch, then tap Settings.
- Then tap Connections and turn Bluetooth and WiFi off. Make sure that mobile networks are off for LTE and 3G watches.
Bluetooth will disconnect your watch from your phone when you turn it off. Now, you must check the galaxy watch 4’s battery life to see if it has become more durable.
Turn Off Always On Display
The constant on/off of your watch’s display contributes to the battery drain issue. It might be a good idea to disable this setting.
- To access Settings, press the Home key (Power key) on your watch.
- To turn off the Always On display, tap Display, then turn it off.
Turn Off Voice Wake-Up in Bixby
You can use your Galaxy Watch 4 to access Bixby’s personal assistant. Although this feature is useful, it can drain your watch’s battery. It may be a good idea to disable this feature in order to increase your galaxy watch 4 battery life. However, to do so,
- Initially, press the Home button on your watch 4 and swipe up.
- Click on Bixby.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Voice wake-up.
- Disable Voice Wake-up.
Customize the Notifications
Your Samsung Galaxy watch 4’s battery life can be affected if you keep receiving notifications. If you don’t need notifications from certain apps, try turning them off.
- You will need to open the Samsung Wearable app on the device that is connected.
- Go to the Watch settings.
- Click Notifications.
- You can turn off notifications for selected apps.
Turn On Power Saving Mode
You can activate the watch’s power-saving mode to extend its battery life. When you turn on the power saving mode, your watch’s Home screen will display in grayscale. It will also turn off all functions but calls, messages, and notifications. However, performance will also be limited due to the loss of WiFi and mobile data.
- Open Settings from the watch Apps screen
- Select Battery.
- You can turn it on or off by tapping the Power saving slider.
- To extend battery life even further, tap Watch only.
When the power-saving mode is enabled, your watch should perform better when it comes to galaxy watch 4 battery life.
Do Not Expose
The battery of your watch will be negatively affected by exposure to very hot temperatures. However, it could also result in a shortened galaxy watch 4 battery life, or worse, it could result in damage to the battery.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how to fix if the Samsung Watch 4 battery drains fast issue. However, we hope that now you are able to increase the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 battery life. But, in case you need any help, comment below.
- How to Turn Off Android Phone Without Power Button (2022)
- Fix Camera Failed Error On Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Fix: Apps Keeps Crashing on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e
- How To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra/S22 Plus
- How to Soft/Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
- How to Fix Moisture Detected On Samsung Note 20 Ultra