TCL is one of the most popular brands that manufacture TV at a reasonable price. Roku is a popular streaming service that many people prefer using to stream content on their TV. Many people prefer using Roku with TCL TV for a better viewing experience. However, sometimes you may encounter a black screen issue on TCL Roku TV, which may stop you from streaming the content you want. If you face a TCL Roku TV black screen, this article will help you solve that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix the TCL Roku TV black screen.
What May Be Causing TCL Roku TV Black Screen?
There can be various reasons as to why you may face this issue. Many times, this can be due to the display cable being loose. If you are using an HDMI cable to connect Roku to the TCL TV, then check if the cable is working fine or not. Also, check if the cable is loose on the ends or not. If it is loose, then also you may face the TCL Roku TV black screen issue.
Sometimes, you may also face this issue due to some software bug. The issue can often be due to the hardware issues like the backlight of the TV failing. Most of the TVs available nowadays need a backlight to present the image on the TV, and if the backlight fails to work properly, you are most likely to face this issue.
Fixing TCL Roku TV Black Screen
Now that you know the expected reason behind this issue, it will be much easier for you to fix the issue. Knowing the cause of the issue or the problem is the first and foremost step to fixing the problem, and now that you know what can be the reason behind it, you can start with the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Restart Your TV
You may face this problem due to temporary bugs on your TV, which may easily be fixed by just restarting your Roku TCL TV. You can try restarting your TV and then check if you still face the issue or not.
- Turn off your TV and unplug it.
- Leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds, and then plug it in the power source again.
- Now turn on your TV and check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Update Your TCL Roku TV
If you are still facing the issue after restarting the TV, then you should try restarting the TV and then check if you still get the same error or not. To update your TV, follow the steps given below-
- On your TV remote, press the Settings button. You will be headed to the Menu of your TV.
- Here search for System Update Menu and select it.
- Now select Update and then update your TV. Ensure you are connected to a stable internet connection to download them and install the Update with any interruption.
- After you have updated your TV, restart it, and then check if the issue is solved or not.
Reset Your TCL TV
Even if the issue is not solved after trying restarting the TV and updating the TV, you should try resetting your TV. To reset your TV, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Home button on your remote five times quickly.
- After doing so, press the Up arrow button once.
- Now press the Rewind button two times, and then press the Forward button once.
- After you do so, your TV will restart.
Now the issue should be fixed. However, if the issue is still not fixed, then you should move to the next step.
Contact Custom TCL Support
If the issue is still not fixed, then you should try contacting customer support. Maybe the problem is within the hardware, which the service center or customer support can only fix. Contact customer support and ask for the technician visit. A technician will visit you, and they will solve the issue for you. You can either visit the service center and ask them to fix it for you.
Customer Support Number: 1-877-300-8837
- How to Install and Watch Peacock TV on Roku
- How To Turn Off Roku and Roku Player Voice
- How to Fix HBO Max on Roku Not Working
This is how you can fix the TCL Roku TV black screen issue. If you are also facing this issue, you can follow the steps mentioned in this article to help fix it. Following the above steps, you will be able to solve the issue that you are facing.