Apex Legends is a battle-royale game that is available for different platforms like Windows, PS4, Xbox One and much more. After the release of Apex Legends, millions of users downloaded the game and played it to complete the missions. The game is very addictive due to the gameplay that it brings to the table for the players. Apex Legends has been published by Electronic Arts and developed by Respawn Entertainment and Panic Button Games.
Everything was going well for the players until they started to face an issue with the game. Whenever the player tried to start the game, they were prompted with the “SSL Connect Error.” This is one of the most frustrating issues for the players, as there are no official fixes available for it. The EA Games have also tweeted about the same, and they have also said that they are working on fixing the problem.
But many players have reported that they were able to fix the issue by trying some fixes methods. We are here with a guide to help the users out with this frustrating issue. In this guide, we will list the methods through which you can fix the issue. Keep on reading this guide till the end to know more about it.
What is an SSL Connect Error in Apex Legends?
We will list out the methods through which you will be able to resolve the issue. But before starting with the fixes method, we are here with the reason through which you will be able to understand why are you facing this issue. A lot of players are reporting the “SSL Connect Error” in Apex Legends and it is coming due to some issues with the server side of the game.
The EA Games have also tweeted about it through their official Twitter handle. So, through it, we can understand that the issue is not caused by our side but it is from the game’s end. However, you can still try to fix the issue by following the fixes methods which are listed below.
Fix SSL Connect Error in Apex Legends on PS5, PS4
We know that the players are searching for ways to fix the “SSL Connect Error” in Apex Legends. So we are here with some of the methods which you can try to fix the issue. Below we have listed some of the ways through which you can try to resolve the issue. So, let’s get started with it.
1. Sign into the EA Account
A lot of players have reported that they are able to fix the issue by signing into their EA Accounts. Follow the steps which are given below to do this.
- Visit the official website of EA.
- Once the website is loaded, then log in to the account.
- After it, accept the terms & conditions of the game.
- You can sign in to the account using a PC, Mobile, or whatever gaming console you use.
- Now, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
2. Disable Two Factor Authentication
A lot of players have reported that they were able to fix the issue by disabling the Two Factor Authentication of the game. Below we have listed the steps, so make sure to check it properly.
- Visit the official website of the EA games.
- After it, click on Profile Icon.
- Now, Sign in to the account.
- After it, select the platform on which you are trying to play the game.
- Click on the Account Settings.
- Go to Security and click on Login Verification.
- After it, click on Disable and save the changes.
- Now, restart the game and check whether the issue is resolved.
3. Wait For The Official Update
The EA Developers have already tweeted about this issue, so it clearly indicates that they have started working on fixing it. As the issue is from the game’s server end, so it will take some time to get fixed. But, we expect that the users will receive the update as soon as the EA Developers fix it.
Those players who are facing this issue should keep on checking for updates regularly so that they can update it whenever the developers release the update.
To check the update on the gaming console or device, you must follow the steps given below.
- Open the Game Store from where you have downloaded the game.
- After it, go to the downloads or select the Apex Legends game.
- Now, check for updates. If there is any update available, then you will be notified about it.
- That’s it, download if there are any updates available.
4. Restart The Router
A lot of users have reported that the game was not working properly due to some issues with their Router. After fixing the issue with Router, the game started to work properly. Thus, we will suggest the other players do these steps and check their routers.
We suggest that you try restarting the router and running an internet speed tester to check whether the router is working properly. If there are some issues with the router, then try to fix it first as it might be also a reason why the game might be not running properly.
5. Restart The Gaming Console
Many players have reported that they were able to fix the issue by restarting the gaming console. It is because some startup files do not get loaded properly at the time of startup due to which games do not work properly.
You can easily fix this issue by restarting your gaming console. It will be a simple restart. However, we will suggest that you should first shut down the gaming console and wait for one minute. After one minute, you can again turn on the gaming console. Check if the issue gets resolved by this or not.
Thousands of users are facing the issue of SSL Connect Error in Apex Legends. Many of them have fixed the issue with the help of the above methods, however, many are still facing some issues.
If you are one of them, try the above methods properly and check whether the issue gets resolved. If the issue gets resolved, then again start playing the game. Otherwise, you might have to wait for the official update to get them resolved. That’s it for today, see you in the next one.
- How to Fix SSL Connect Error 0X00000023 in Madden 23
- How to Fix gws_rd=ssl Error on Google
- Fix Liquid Detected In Lightning Connector Error on iPhone
- How to Fix PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR (SSL) in Firefox
- How To Fix ‘SSL_error_handshake_failure_alert’ in Browsers
- How to Fix NHL 23 Something Went Wrong PS5 or PS4, PC