Getting the error ‘Player Playing Different Version’ on Overwatch 2? This error generally occurs when the player you are trying to play with has the latest version while you are playing the outdated version of the game. Updates for Overwatch 2 are released frequently to make it stable and add more features to it. Some players update the game as soon as the update is released, while some update it after some time. If your friend has updated the game after the update was released, but you haven’t, then you will get this error message every time you try to play with them.
The fix for this issue is quite simple; you must update the game, and you will no longer face the issue. Not to worry about if you don’t know how to get through. This article will discuss how you can fix the ‘Player Playing Different Version’ error on Overwatch 2.
Fix Player Playing Different Version Error On Overwatch 2
As we discussed, the only fix is updating the game to the latest. The error is encountered when you are on the outdated version of the game while the player you are trying to play with has the latest version. The steps to update the game can vary for different consoles you use; let’s discuss the steps for the same ahead.
Update On PC
If you are playing the game on PC, then you can update it by following the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key, search for the Battle.net client and open it.
- Here, search for the Overwatch 2 game and open it.
- Click on the Gear icon next to the Play button on the game and then on Check for Updates.
- Wait for the game to be updated. Once done, you can play the game with your friend.
Update On Nintendo Switch
To update Overwatch 2 on Nintendo Switch, follow the steps given below-
- On the game client screen, select the + button.
- Now, select the Software Update option.
- The game will now start to update.
- After the game has been updated, try adding your friend and check if you are still facing the issue.
Update On Xbox
If you are playing Overwatch 2 on Xbox, then follow the steps given below to update the game-
- Head to the My games and apps menu on the Xbox.
- Here, select the Update option.
- This will update the game to the latest version.
Update On PlayStation
Given below are the steps to update Overwatch 2 on PlayStation-
- Select the Options button on the game client screen.
- Here, select the option for Check for updates.
- The update will start to install on the game.
- After the game is updated, you can invite your friend to play with you.
We have discussed how you can update Overwatch 2 to the latest version to fix the ‘Player Playing DIfferent Version’ error on the game. Once the game has been updated, you should no longer get this error. However, if you still encounter it, we recommend you restart your game and check again.
Why Do I Get ‘Player Playing Different Version’ Error?
You will get this error when you and your friend have different versions of Overwatch 2. If your friend has updated to the latest version while you have not, and you try to add them to play with you, you will get this error.
How Do I Fix Players Playing Different Version Issues?
You can try updating the game to the latest version. The error is encountered when the game versions are not the same. Updating the game will fix the issue for you.
- How to Change Server Region in Overwatch 2
- How to Change Field of View (FOV) in Overwatch 2
- Use Mouse and Keyboard in Overwatch 2 on Xbox
- How to Fix Overwatch 2 High Ping Issue
- How to Fix Overwatch 2 Crashing or Freezing on PC, Xbox, PS4, PS5
- Is Overwatch Cross-Platform? Play on PC, Xbox, Switch & PlayStation