iTunes is an important app for you if you are an iPhone or iPad user. This app helps you connect your iPhone or your iPad to your PC, using which you can easily reset it or update it in case anything goes wrong. However, sometimes, when trying to connect your iPhone to iTunes on Windows PC, you may encounter certain errors that may prevent the app’s well functioning of the app. ‘iTunes cannot connect to iPhone. Unknown Error 0XE80000A’ is a common error you may encounter when connecting iPhone to iTunes.
This issue can sometimes be frustrating for users if they keep on getting it repeatedly. If you are facing this error, then let me tell you, there’s nothing to worry about it.
How To Fix iTunes Error 0xE80000A
In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix ‘iTunes cannot connect to iPhone. Unknown error 0XE80000A’ easily.
Update The App
The very first thing that you must do is update the iTunes app on your PC. You may face this error due to the app being outdated. You can try updating the app and then check if you still face the error or not. To update the app, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start menu, search for Microsoft Store and open it.
- In the Microsoft Store, search for iTunes.Select the iTunes app and open it.
- Here you will see the Update button. Click on this button to update the iTunes application.
After updating the application, try running it again and connect your iPhone with it. You will now not face the error. However, if you still encounter the same error, you should probably move to the next step.
Update The Windows
You may also face this error due to the outdated Windows system. You should try updating the Windows and then check if you still face the issue or not. To update Windows, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows button.
- In the Start menu, search for Windows update and open it.
- Now click on Check for updates to begin checking for updates.
- Download and install all the updates that the Settings finds.
- After doing so, restart your PC, and check if the error persists or not.
If you still face the error, then you should also update the iOS version of your iPhone and then check if you still get the error or not.
Restart Apple Mobile Device Services
Another thing that you can try doing is restarting Apple Mobile Device Services.
- In the Start menu, search for Services and open it.
- In the Services, look out for AppleChargerSrv and select it.
- Right-click on the service, and then click on Properties.
- Here change the Startup type to Automatic, and then click on OK to save the changes.
Disable The Antivirus On Your PC
Antivirus software that you have on your PC can conflict with the iTunes app’s well functioning and maintaining proper connectivity. If you have installed any third-party antivirus software on your PC, this may be the reason behind the error. You may try disabling the third-party antivirus that you are using on your PC.
If disabling the third-party antivirus didn’t work on your PC, then you may try uninstalling it. Uninstall the antivirus temporarily and check if you get iTunes cannot connect to iPhone. Unknown Error 0XE80000A’ error or not. If you get the error, the antivirus was not the reason behind it.
Reset The Lockdown Folder
Lockdown folder is a folder that is created by the iTunes app on the Windows PC. This folder has various security certificates to maintain a secure connection of the app to the iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R key combo.
- In the Run dialog box, type %ProgramData% and then press Enter.
- Now in the window that opens up, select the Apple folder, and open it.
- Here select the Lockdown folder and rename it to Lockdown.old.
Reset Location And Privacy Settings
Another thing that you can try doing is resetting the location and privacy settings on your iPhone. If the iPhone’s location and privacy settings get corrupted, this may cause an issue that may only be fixed by resetting them. To reset location and privacy settings, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- In the Settings, head to the General menu.
- Now tap on Reset to open the Reset menu.
- On the next menu, tap on the Reset Settings option.
This will reset the location and privacy settings, and the issue will be fixed.
Reinstall The iTunes App
Even after trying all the above steps, if you still face the issue, you should try reinstalling the iTunes app. To reinstall the iTunes app, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start menu, search for the iTunes app. Right-click on it, and then click on Uninstall. Confirm uninstalling the app.
- Now, head to the Microsoft Store, and then search for the iTunes app.
- Select the app, and click on Get/Install button to install the iTunes app on your device.
After reinstalling the iTunes app on your PC, try connecting your iPhone again, and ‘iTunes cannot connect to iPhone. Unknown Error 0XE80000A’ should be solved.
- Fix Code 43 Error Windows has stopped this device in Windows 11
- How To Fix Can’t Take Screenshot Due To Security Policy Error
- How To Fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error In Windows 11
Following the above steps, you will be able to fix ‘iTunes cannot connect to iPhone. Unknown Error 0XE80000A’ issue. We hope this article helps you solve the issue that you are facing.